Class 1A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can' see anyone stopping the mighty Gordonsville Tigers and their tradition. It's been 23 years since their last Gold ball and the rest of the state might as well pack it in cause nobody can stop their QB and that high powered O. After all according to Moss they return everything important to the title chase. They almost made it last year except for a last minute victory by the Commanders in Lebanon. Everyone else in Region 3&4 better step aside cause G-ville has booked rooms in Murfreesboro for the Blue Cross bowl.

I see Clint's boys coming in 2nd. They were embarrassed last year by Watertown, Macon Co, FC, & Temple. Losing to 2 privates in one year could not have made things pleasant in Hartsville over the past few months. If I live to be 100 I'll never forget the look on his & the rest of the Clampett's faces standing in that South endzone during the FC / Temple playoff game whining about FC and actually cheering for Temple. It just made FC's win that much more satisfying as we watched the TC faithful heading for the cars mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. I hear the so called "dead-period" doesn't apply in TC. Afterall the tobacco still has to be topped. However, I wonder how the T$$AA would look at a team conditioning during "tobacco season".

My beloved Commanders will do well to finish 3rd in the talent stacked region 4. Losing all those Sr's and having to play so many underclassmen will prove extremely tough. The average linemen for FC should be about 5'3 165 lb's this year but they will be quick . Add to that their QB graduated and they may have to start an 8th grader or Fr . Rumor has it they are gonna spread the field 5 wide and try throwing it around a little.

Defensively, almost the entire secondary is gone and losing a former Mr. Football finalist at MLB left us devasted defensively. Is there anyway FC can even hope to make the playoffs? On top of all this our Jr. High team hasn't won a game in 5 years. Can any of these young FR and SO's step in ready to bring it each week in the State's toughest Region? Gordonsville, TC, H2O-town will all be lying in wait for a chance at payback. There is talk that FC should look at moving to 2A or 3A for a few years where the competition might be easier. But nah, that is where all the "good" privates are now, right Clint?

Watertown should finish 4th. With their new transfer tailback and a solid crew returning Webster should position himself well for a week 11 visit to South Pitt.

The Region champion will be hard pressed to advance to the semifinal game. If the past 2 years are any indication of what to expect I would guess that this years Regular season champ better bring their A-game for that quarterfinal game if they expect to make it past S. Pitt or an upset minded repeat game against another Region 4 foe. TC barely escaped (#2) FC in 2005 the 2nd time around and FC barely escaped (#2) G-ville the 2nd time around last year. It will be the biggest game of the year with alot more riding on it than a Region Championship and beating someone a 2nd time is always more difficult.

Its funny that you bring up the Temple/FC play-off game...me being from TC, I personally CANT stand FC...sorry we are just born and raised that way...I was one of those standing in the end-zone that night...you might have seen us leaving early on that night, but I promise we stuck around to see ya CHOKE in the State game...talk about TC and Coach Satt ever how you want, but when we get to the big dance we close the deal and bring back GOLD...

p.s. ENJOY THAT SILVER BALL!!!

Its funny that you bring up the Temple/FC play-off game...me being from TC, I personally CANT stand FC...sorry we are just born and raised that way...I was one of those standing in the end-zone that night...you might have seen us leaving early on that night, but I promise we stuck around to see ya CHOKE in the State game...talk about TC and Coach Satt ever how you want, but when we get to the big dance we close the deal and bring back GOLD...

Will the Jackets be there this year?

Your from TC right? you wanna go check your walk in trophy case and look for the gold ball's from years 73, 74, and 75... somebody snuck in and painted them silver. As far as TC, i have respect for the program and the coach and it ends about there. Don't like the school, town, people, any of you.

Will the Jackets be there this year?

The jackets are expected by most to be third round and play the #1 seed from region four second round the playoffs. Don't be suprised to see them beat anybody and i mean anybody. As far as the big dance, i think they have just as good of a chance to be there as FCS and Gordonsville, but i don't see it happening.

Volzchamps...FC has had every right to boast and brag for the last 3 years because they have owned Gordonsville athletics. But last year is last year, and this year is a new year. I honestly picked FC to win, because I think it is more of a mental factor when it comes to you guys. FC has been in the heads of Gordonsville players and coaches for these past 3 years, and I don't know if they can get you guys out of there. No need to apologize, it just seems a little redundant.

oh, and CoachT has been in existence since 2001 I believe, I was a member but got banned. I have had many different names on here. This one has been my longest tenure.

YADA YADA YADA ...public/private....it is a personal choice. What does FCS have coming back this year? Anybody new? Anybody to watch for?

Your from TC right? you wanna go check your walk in trophy case and look for the gold ball's from years 73, 74, and 75... somebody snuck in and painted them silver. As far as TC, i have respect for the program and the coach and it ends about there. Don't like the school, town, people, any of you.

The jackets are expected by most to be third round and play the #1 seed from region four second round the playoffs. Don't be suprised to see them beat anybody and i mean anybody. As far as the big dance, i think they have just as good of a chance to be there as FCS and Gordonsville, but i don't see it happening.

Trust me NO ONE from Hartsville is upset because you dont like the school, town, or people ...you say you have respect for our program and coach, well you really dont have a choice...I mean when you get beat year in and year out (excluding last year) then you got to respect us ...its called TRADITION...when you guys get it over there at Friendship then you might gain a little respect ...but I dont see that happening anytime soon...

YADA YADA YADA ...public/private....it is a personal choice. What does FCS have coming back this year? Anybody new? Anybody to watch for?

Your response makes zero sense to what you quoted me on, where in my quote did I mention public/private? Go back to the first grade and learn to make sentences that others ca easily comprehend.

Here is one for good measure: The cat climbed up the tree.

Now I would like you to identify the subject and predicate of this sentence and get back with me. The assignment is due on Tuesday, maybe then we can teach you just how to debate.

Trust me NO ONE from Hartsville is upset because you dont like the school, town, or people ...you say you have respect for our program and coach, well you really dont have a choice...I mean when you get beat year in and year out (excluding last year) then you got to respect us ...its called TRADITION...when you guys get it over there at Friendship then you might gain a little respect ...but I dont see that happening anytime soon...

Tradition? i guess that if FCS had to many kids one year to be in 1A but still played in 1A we could win state. Of course then the TSSAA would force us to 2A and we would jump to 3A for "competition". But luckily while we are there we slowly get used to playing 3A ball and then one year luckily get to drop back to 1A and win the 1A title as 3A rejects, only to subsequently lose to Watertown at our Mystical field. If that is Tradition then i want a big bowl full of it.

I respect the team because of what they have done in the past.

I respect the coach for the same reason i respect steve spurrier, because even if you hate him he still wins ball games.

Your response makes zero sense to what you quoted me on, where in my quote did I mention public/private? Go back to the first grade and learn to make sentences that others ca easily comprehend.

Here is one for good measure: The cat climbed up the tree.

Now I would like you to identify the subject and predicate of this sentence and get back with me. The assignment is due on Tuesday, maybe then we can teach you just how to debate.

Personally, I don't think a bunch of former high school football players are worried about their grammar on a message board.