Livingston Academy '07

bigblue74

Hey all big blue faithful, how is the 07 season going to shape up? How did spring ball go and who should we look for. I am really interested because I am on the sidelines every Friday night at another place and still feel a connection to the program that I call home. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Somebody please say something......yes you are young and inexperenced...but you have a new coach...and and are just 2 years removed from winning a gold ball.........surely there is some excitement somewhere in LA. I'm excited because I thought for sure Coach Maynard was on his way back to LA..

Smith Co. and LA week 0.......

Somebody please say something......yes you are young and inexperenced...but you have a new coach...and and are just 2 years removed from winning a gold ball.........surely there is some excitement somewhere in LA. I'm excited because I thought for sure Coach Maynard was on his way back to LA..

Smith Co. and LA week 0.......

The rumors of Jimmy coming back home to coach certainly stirred a little excitement until he turned it down (or whatever happened)!! I haven't heard anything from practices or scrimmages that would stir any excitement-----yet! I think we will bounce back from last year's nightmare, but how high we bounce will be determined by how our young and inexperienced players develop between now and week 0. They have a shot at a decent season IMO. I'm hoping Coach Swallows opens up the offense with several new looks. We just don't have the talent to run the same stuff we have for the past 5 years. That was very evident last year!

The rumors of Jimmy coming back home to coach certainly stirred a little excitement until he turned it down (or whatever happened)!! I haven't heard anything from practices or scrimmages that would stir any excitement-----yet! I think we will bounce back from last year's nightmare, but how high we bounce will be determined by how our young and inexperienced players develop between now and week 0. They have a shot at a decent season IMO. I'm hoping Coach Swallows opens up the offense with several new looks. We just don't have the talent to run the same stuff we have for the past 5 years. That was very evident last year!

They will be young and inexperienced again but we have a shot at making the playoffs and once you get in the playoffs who knows what can happen but it will take lots of hard work to match the talent in region 2-3A. Hard work bets talent when talent is not put to work!!!

They will be young and inexperienced again but we have a shot at making the playoffs and once you get in the playoffs who knows what can happen but it will take lots of hard work to match the talent in region 2-3A. Hard work bets talent when talent is not put to work!!!

Spring ball went great we had a first time ever blue and white game it ended up a tie at 12-12 everybody came out and played hard.

Spring ball went great we had a first time ever blue and white game it ended up a tie at 12-12 everybody came out and played hard.

Hey wildcat#75, no disrespect intended, but back in the Terry Melton years, we had a blue and white game every year. As a matter of fact my sophmore year it was in front of the student body but got cut short due to best friends fighting during the game. My best friend was whipping my tail and it could not go unanswered, lol. We are still great friends and I feel those years were some of the hardest nosed LA teams around. I am biased though, lol! Anyway, great to hear things went so well. I wish I could come up and see first hand on Fridays but I will be on the sidelines myself. I will be there in spirit though and wish you guys the best of luck. Play your hearts out and be tough. I'm pulling for my hometown boys. H-O-G, E-Y-E, Hogeye, Hogeye, T-N-T!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey wildcat#75, no disrespect intended, but back in the Terry Melton years, we had a blue and white game every year. As a matter of fact my sophmore year it was in front of the student body but got cut short due to best friends fighting during the game. My best friend was whipping my tail and it could not go unanswered, lol. We are still great friends and I feel those years were some of the hardest nosed LA teams around. I am biased though, lol! Anyway, great to hear things went so well. I wish I could come up and see first hand on Fridays but I will be on the sidelines myself. I will be there in spirit though and wish you guys the best of luck. Play your hearts out and be tough. I'm pulling for my hometown boys. H-O-G, E-Y-E, Hogeye, Hogeye, T-N-T!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Terry Melton was a good coach and my bad on the blue and white game but it is great they brought it back.