Gordonsville and Smith County Game to be played on Saturday Night

singray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Smith Co people wouldnt go for it. They would be too afraid it might generate a good gate that would go to the poor ole Gordonsville folks. That might help Gordonsville get enough money to start there own version of the SC giant hen house. On top of that, it would make it that much more embarrassing when they get beat by 2 TDs by little ole Gordonsville. Great idea, but it will never get off the ground. It would benefit Gordonsville way too much. Those big money SC folks will never let that happen.

Evidently, you didn't pay much attention the last time you were in G-ville....Instead of hanging your head after "poor ole Gordonsville beat you.....you should have looked around...G-ville always has a huge gate...... especially if you compare their gate to the gates of the powerhouse Wetmoland...If I were a Wetmoland fan...I would worry about Wetmoland gates....like seeing if we couldn't draw over 50 people for SR.nite....(if I hadn't been there it would have been 49).

Gate money and Booster money are 2 different things....I would expect with your vast football knowledge, that you would know that.....

And......................It really must have been more than you could bear getting beat by "poor ole Gordonsville" last year. I assume you are still embarressed

because you keep mentioning embarrassed and Gordonsville in the same sentences.....

I hope so. You need them. That concrete is looking pretty tacky dont you think? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Kinda 50ish looking. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually they look very good. I think the same money we have to spend on your bleachers should be applied to our practice facility.

That's fair...isn't it? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Serious as the gas went up. I watched the first blow to the bands bleachers first. Then moved on to the other side. It got dark about half way through the main bleachers. If you knew what condition they were in you would not have sit on them. The blocks holding up the slabs you could crumble with a small rock and your hand. The top row of block on the back wall was already loose and you could push them out with your hand. We were blessed they didnt fall and hurt a lot of people. Like I said lots of standing room. Unless we get some new bleachers before the season starts. Now maybe we can get some support fixing the place up some. Its time to move out of the 50s. Time to raise some money. Maybe having to stand will loosen some purse strings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know what kind of condition they are in, I have sat on them before. But it is so hard to sense the sarcasm, so I will just wait to see for myself.

I know what kind of condition they are in, I have sat on them before. But it is so hard to sense the sarcasm, so I will just wait to see for myself.

Ok no sarcasm in this one. I have a picture. I may have been able to send it in messenger. I tried. Send me your email address in messenger and I will send the picture of the crane sitting on top of the main bleachers.

Actually they look very good. I think the same money we have to spend on your bleachers should be applied to our practice facility.

That's fair...isn't it? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ok if you are happy with them I am. Still looks 50ish to me. Look across your field and image what it could look like.

Did I say anything about getting new bleachers yet? Also sounds like you were not given land to build the barn on. I think we all owned that didnt we? School board owned. I have to admit I am impressed yall pulled of a practice barn. What would impress me more is to see yall beat Alcoa. Maybe with enough practice. HMMMM. I guess thats the thinking building a practice barn? I dont think more talent really has anything to do with it. Do you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ok if you are happy with them I am. Still looks 50ish to me. Look across your field and image what it could look like.

Did I say anything about getting new bleachers yet? Also sounds like you were not given land to build the barn on. I think we all owned that didnt we? School board owned. I have to admit I am impressed yall pulled of a practice barn. What would impress me more is to see yall beat Alcoa. Maybe with enough practice. HMMMM. I guess thats the thinking building a practice barn? I dont think more talent really has anything to do with it. Do you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I don't know...is the land where your bleachers go school board owned? Who's going to pay for those? If you raise the money...same thing...isn't it? HMMMMMM.

I know I don't want to pay for them...just like you don't want to pay for our building. Actually...the land was donated to the school.

I think maybe you need to worry about FCS and TC...we'll worry about teams in our class. Alcoa had about 6 DI players on their roster last year. How many did FCS and TC have? Talent...nah...it's way overrated...right? Maybe you need a practice barn to beat those teams.

I like our seats just as they are. We have plenty of leg room...and nobody has their knees in your back. Love um.

I don't know...is the land where your bleachers go school board owned? Who's going to pay for those? If you raise the money...same thing...isn't it? HMMMMMM.

I know I don't want to pay for them...just like you don't want to pay for our building. Actually...the land was donated to the school.

I think maybe you need to worry about FCS and TC...we'll worry about teams in our class. Alcoa had about 6 DI players on their roster last year. How many did FCS and TC have? Talent...nah...it's way overrated...right? Maybe you need a practice barn to beat those teams.

I like our seats just as they are. We have plenty of leg room...and nobody has their knees in your back. Love um.

I dont think GV needs a practice barn. I dont speak for the majority or the school. My opinion. I dont think it would make any diffrence at all in the playing ability of a player or team at this level. I thought they had rules on how much you can practice a team. Maybe not. I am not versed in the rules. I guess we will see what it does for SC in the future. I was saying the same thing you are about talent. I was refering to the talent difference in Alcoa and SC when I said I dont think talent had anything to do with it. Maybe I should have added a smile behind that remark. As long as they have such a population to draw from they will have D1 players. If we combined both schools we could not have beat Alcoa last year or maybe any year in the near future. With that in mind I hope GV stays 1A for a while longer.

Cheatham Co. plays at Gordonsville in week zero this fall. You guys are starting to make me worry as it relates to the condition of the stadium that I will be broadcasting a game at. Will there be a pressbox or will it be like Spring Hill was for us last year where we actually ran an extension cord from the power box behind the visitor bleachers to the top row of the visitor bleachers and broadcasted the game outside???????

Cheatham Co. plays at Gordonsville in week zero this fall. You guys are starting to make me worry as it relates to the condition of the stadium that I will be broadcasting a game at. Will there be a pressbox or will it be like Spring Hill was for us last year where we actually ran an extension cord from the power box behind the visitor bleachers to the top row of the visitor bleachers and broadcasted the game outside???????

as far as I know, the bleachers still stand, they have been there since like 1890 though. And yes, they have a pressbox.