Gordonsville and Smith County Game to be played on Saturday Night

singray

Cheatham Co. plays at Gordonsville in week zero this fall. You guys are starting to make me worry as it relates to the condition of the stadium that I will be broadcasting a game at. Will there be a pressbox or will it be like Spring Hill was for us last year where we actually ran an extension cord from the power box behind the visitor bleachers to the top row of the visitor bleachers and broadcasted the game outside???????

I can answer that for you. The pressbox is all that is standing. They tore the condemed bleachers down. Lucky they didnt fall and injure someone. Will they have bleachers up by the start of the season? Thats another question. They hope so. But I hear they have to be made, delivered, and set up. Can that happen before season starts? Who knows? I sent shizzle a picture. Maybe he can put it on here for everyone to see who is in doubt about the bleachers being torn down. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe they can raise the property tax in Carthage to pay for GVs bleachers. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Come on SC support your poor community across the river. After all the tax collector is on that side of the river. Along with the ones who spend the money they collect. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Ok if you are happy with them I am. Still looks 50ish to me. Look across your field and image what it could look like.

Did I say anything about getting new bleachers yet? Also sounds like you were not given land to build the barn on. I think we all owned that didnt we? School board owned. I have to admit I am impressed yall pulled of a practice barn. What would impress me more is to see yall beat Alcoa. Maybe with enough practice. HMMMM. I guess thats the thinking building a practice barn? I dont think more talent really has anything to do with it. Do you? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The concrete bleaches are kind of 50ish....but that may be part of the setting-tradition...you do have a lot of room though. The land belonged to the schools as I understand it.....The School Board was approached with the plan....Build a 100x200 building ...on school property... at no cost to the Schools...A free building........I'm sure that if the Boosters in G-ville approached the School board with the same offer...the same thing would happen with a practice building for football or baseball....

The thinking with a practice facility is......with 80-90 kids wanting to play ball.......you cann't run 80 kids through a garage with weights, there needs to be room to spread out and workout properly..........a place to practice during lightening....pouring rain... snow...blizzard...hail...whatever. My thinking is, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. If some people want to do this for the Team..School..and made an offer to do this..who in their right mind is going to turn it down? If Jeff Bennett, for example, wanted to build a baseball practice building in G-ville, for G-ville....Who among the Big Blue would turn it down??? Would it help the baseball program???? Is that really the point??? Would you say...We won't win the State with it so we don't want it...........

I can answer that for you. The pressbox is all that is standing. They tore the condemed bleachers down. Lucky they didnt fall and injure someone. Will they have bleachers up by the start of the season? Thats another question. They hope so. But I hear they have to be made, delivered, and set up. Can that happen before season starts? Who knows? I sent shizzle a picture. Maybe he can put it on here for everyone to see who is in doubt about the bleachers being torn down. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe they can raise the property tax in Carthage to pay for GVs bleachers. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Come on SC support your poor community across the river. After all the tax collector is on that side of the river. Along with the ones who spend the money they collect. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Nah...we have to pay for two schools (instead of one) we don't need first. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> If my property tax goes up any more...I might have to come and panhandle before the week 1 game. Wonder how much Kittie money I could get?

What will you do if the bleachers are not ready? Also...who is paying for those new bleachers? I would think you are talking about more than $200,000.

here are the pics that MO$$$$ sent me...I realy didn't believe him until I saw it. but why would they tear down the bleachers so clost to the season, and plus why leave the pressbox? its pretty old too.

Looks like I may have to bring a ladder /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nah...we have to pay for two schools (instead of one) we don't need first. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> If my property tax goes up any more...I might have to come and panhandle before the week 1 game. Wonder how much Kittie money I could get?

What will you do if the bleachers are not ready? Also...who is paying for those new bleachers? I would think you are talking about more than $200,000.

Not completely sure on the final dollar amount but it is my understanding the school paid half (which has already been given to the school board) and the school board or system pays the other half....

Looks like I may have to bring a ladder /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They have a rope ladder. Or rent the highlift from COOP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said before. Can stand 20 or 30 deep. Or bring your folding chairs like some do in Carthage. Hope it dont rain. Thats some sticky mud in that area.

My understanding is the bleachers were condemned. Had to tear them down. So as not to risk any injuries from the falling blocks I assume. Then again maybe the bleachers are ready. Im not in the know whats happening circle /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . I just reported what I see. I guess time will tell. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

To answer the who is paying for the bleachers, ask the county mayor and, or school superintendent would be my suggestion. Its their job to know. I am not in county politics. Good luck. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Like I said before. Can stand 20 or 30 deep. Or bring your folding chairs like some do in Carthage. Hope it dont rain. Thats some sticky mud in that area.

My understanding is the bleachers were condemned. Had to tear them down. So as not to risk any injuries from the falling blocks I assume. Then again maybe the bleachers are ready. Im not in the know whats happening circle /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . I just reported what I see. I guess time will tell. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

To answer the who is paying for the bleachers, ask the county mayor and, or school superintendent would be my suggestion. Its their job to know. I am not in county politics. Good luck. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I might just do that. We just might get some field turf for our practice facility out of this. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I think we should get an equal amount out of it anyway. That's the way it's worked in the past. Actually...since we are twice as big...with twice as many peope...we should get double what you spend. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

With the way you...and others...have questioned who is going to pay for the practice facility...and who owns the land...etc...it brings up the same on this project. I would think the powers that be will have to answer where this money will come from. It will be interesting to find out.

I might just do that. We just might get some field turf for our practice facility out of this. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I think we should get an equal amount out of it anyway. That's the way it's worked in the past. Actually...since we are twice as big...with twice as many people...we should get double what you spend. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

With the way you...and others...have questioned who is going to pay for the practice facility...and who owns the land...etc...it brings up the same on this project. I would think the powers that be will have to answer where this money will come from. It will be interesting to find out.

I agree you should get double the money if you are twice as big. Maybe its time someone questioned how the money is spent. Remember life ain't fair. May want to be careful if your only concern is athletics. The ratio of academics should well exceed athletics. I send my kids for an education first. Which should take priority over sports. If you have to take away from academics to fund sports projects, that's sad.

Then again I didn't grow up here and as usual you don't want to hear from me, except I should pay my taxes, donate to the cause, and vote for local politicians. I am allowed or forced to contribute but never should I question how things are done. Especially how the money is spent. After 13 years you would think I had learned better than to question anything that's happening here.

Like I said life ain't fair. But I am stronger for it. Maybe you will be also when you figure out you're not as important as you may think. I know this because the ones who are important are not on here concerned with whats going on. They know. As far as they are concerned its none of your business. Even if you did grow up here. Its their call. Let me know if you find things different than I mentioned. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />