Gordonsville and Smith County Game to be played on Saturday Night

singray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never sit in the bleachers no way. All the fun is hanging with my buddies on the sideline. How ya doing MO$$??

Hey girl. Long time no see. Yeah even if they build bleachers. I am moving up and down the sidelines. I dont sit until I eat something. Then its breifly. Hard to manage a coke in one hand and a hotdog in the other walking the sideline. If I sit and watched I would feel left out. I been to a few practices and the team looks good. Lets hope they play as well. We wont have to say wheres the beef this year. Them Jrs have grown up big time. Looks like the rest of our Lancaster boys will graduate this year. Except for one, Bass. He is a sophmore this year. I am going to miss seeing the Lancaster boys all playing together. I miss seeing Williams big smile already. I never will forget the last FC game last year. Best football game I have ever attended. Awesome atmosphere. I hope they are all that way this year. Except for the outcome. Maybe if GV fans has to stand at home for a while they will get into it more. The standing is where the action is. I will bring a chair so I can sit and eat however. By the way there will be a suprise this year at home. Something new. May be a new GV tradition. Depends on the fans reaction.

Hey girl. Long time no see. Yeah even if they build bleachers. I am moving up and down the sidelines. I dont sit until I eat something. Then its breifly. Hard to manage a coke in one hand and a hotdog in the other walking the sideline. If I sit and watched I would feel left out. I been to a few practices and the team looks good. Lets hope they play as well. We wont have to say wheres the beef this year. Them Jrs have grown up big time. Looks like the rest of our Lancaster boys will graduate this year. Except for one, Bass. He is a sophmore this year. I am going to miss seeing the Lancaster boys all playing together. I miss seeing Williams big smile already. I never will forget the last FC game last year. Best football game I have ever attended. Awesome atmosphere. I hope they are all that way this year. Except for the outcome. Maybe if GV fans has to stand at home for a while they will get into it more. The standing is where the action is. I will bring a chair so I can sit and eat however. By the way there will be a suprise this year at home. Something new. May be a new GV tradition. Depends on the fans reaction.

I've never sat at a game, usually standing with the guys I played with. But I don't go to many games.

Hey bro., hows things on the creek? Haven't been down there since graduation. The creek isn't the same anymore even though my family is still there. This time of year is rough, my mom would start gearing up for football. Don't know if you were around her much but she was a hardcore Tiger fan and I was so proud that I got her to 6 games when Dawg was a Jr., that boy gave her strenght. I saw your daughter at the Timberloft before graduation and then your son at graduation, man was he looking good and tight, made me wish I was 30 years younger. The creek may live on a while longer. I have a 1st cousin that is planning on building up there, they bought Turtles land. Her son will be a freshman, he was QB for jr. high last year. Long live the Lancaster boys. Yeah, that FC game was the best game ever, other than the outcome I agree with you, hope they are all played with that atmosphere and team spirit. If our fans can only react like that at all games, oooohhh how it pumps the players up. I know about the surprise for the home games and looking forward to it. I was wondering if you had yours ready for action. If you do I may need a little sample next time I'm on the creek. Looking forward to seeing ya'll and tell the wife I said hey. Oh, I never took time for the hot dog and coke, always a cigarette and cow bell. HaHa C ya

Who did they play...and how did they do? I saw the other post. How many teams were there? Thanks for the info.

I got there late to tell you the truth. I saw Smith Co. play against both Pearl Cohn (early afternoon session) & Hopkinsville, KY (this was a semifinal game). They lost to PC but I don't know what the score was because this is the game that was going on just as I had arrived. In the semifinals Smith Co. was playing Hopkinsville at the same time as Pearl Cohn was playing Clarksville High School. I never kept score until the championship game but I do know that 3 TEAMS really stood out to me and they were Pearl Cohn, Hoptown, and Smith Co. Clarksville High & Northwest both looked somewhat sluggish to me. Maybe it was the heat yesterday then again maybe it had something to do with the teams that those two schools had to play.

Guest Termite

Looks like I may have to bring a ladder /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't worry Big Country...the place kind of looked like that way after the owls left there 1 year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....they can fix it pretty quickly

I got there late to tell you the truth. I saw Smith Co. play against both Pearl Cohn (early afternoon session) & Hopkinsville, KY (this was a semifinal game). They lost to PC but I don't know what the score was because this is the game that was going on just as I had arrived. In the semifinals Smith Co. was playing Hopkinsville at the same time as Pearl Cohn was playing Clarksville High School. I never kept score until the championship game but I do know that 3 TEAMS really stood out to me and they were Pearl Cohn, Hoptown, and Smith Co. Clarksville High & Northwest both looked somewhat sluggish to me. Maybe it was the heat yesterday then again maybe it had something to do with the teams that those two schools had to play.

Westmoreland destroyed Hopkinsville earlier at the Greenwood Passing Camp, they were no match.

here are the pics that MO$$$$ sent me...I realy didn't believe him until I saw it. but why would they tear down the bleachers so clost to the season, and plus why leave the pressbox? its pretty old too.

Looks like someone in Tiger Country might have been testing that horn for home games this year and what do ya know the "walls of Jericho" (a.k.a. seats of Medleyville) could not withstand the force!

I'd recommend you tiger folks move your home sideline across the way (it's served visitors like SC, TC, and FC teams/fans well the past few years) and let the oppositions fans stand up and watch.

Looks like someone in Tiger Country might have been testing that horn for home games this year and what do ya know the "walls of Jericho" (a.k.a. seats of Medleyville) could not withstand the force!

I'd recommend you tiger folks move your home sideline across the way (it's served visitors like SC, TC, and FC teams/fans well the past few years) and let the oppositions fans stand up and watch.

Nah...those seats are ours...we paid for them. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />