7AAA

live2succeed

Headed for the long drive East to watch Oakridge Tourney, stopped to watch Livingston play at York. I had to watch the Nigro girl play. Livingston's coach made some smart changes to the forwards, very much improved. Watched Nigro play, she did moves that I rarely see in High School soccer. She did them with perfection. Incredible player. The team has improved since I saw them play Cookeville. Smart Coach. The score of the game was 3-1, Livingston.

The Oakridge Tourney was very interesting, Beech team was really very good. The team I went to watch was Collierville. They did great. All in All, it was a great weekend of soccer. The sportmanship on the field and at the sides were a pleasure. All the girls played well. Worth the long drive.

I would like to see some games in Chattanooga, any suggestions?

I agree with manoamano about the Katie Hunter Tournament. Great sportsmanship and some good soccer. I stayed there all day Saturday, left at 11:15pm when Oak Ridge was done playing Collierville, and back there at 8:30am Sunday to watch some teams I had not the previous day. Houston won the tournament, but I thought Collierville was by far the best high school team I have seen. Great technical ability...passing, receiving was crisp and under complete control. Their tactical understanding was terrific. Houston has some great athletes and were good also. I would love to see a game between those two teams. OR vs. Collierville was the best game I watched in the tournament.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with manoamano about the Katie Hunter Tournament. Great sportsmanship and some good soccer. I stayed there all day Saturday, left at 11:15pm when Oak Ridge was done playing Collierville, and back there at 8:30am Sunday to watch some teams I had not the previous day. Houston won the tournament, but I thought Collierville was by far the best high school team I have seen. Great technical ability...passing, receiving was crisp and under complete control. Their tactical understanding was terrific. Houston has some great athletes and were good also. I would love to see a game between those two teams. OR vs. Collierville was the best game I watched in the tournament.

I would like to see some more of the chattanooga teams play, any suggestions on upcoming tournament or best games to watch this week or next?

I don't know about a best game but the CCS tournament should have a few good games.

Blue Division on Friday 9/7 @CCS two fields (unless you have a dog in the fight probably nothing worth traveling to see here )

Anderson County vs CCS 3:30

Ooltewah Vs Coffee County 4:00

Science Hill vs Centennial 6:00

FRA vs Shelbyville 6:00

it will be an upset IMO if CCS, Ooltewah, Centennial and FRA don't win these 1st rounds

2nd round is Saturday 9/8 at 10:30, If I'm right it will be....

CSS vs Ooltewah should be a good match

Centennial and FRA should also be a tough game

I'd like to see an Ooltewah vs FRA final in the blue group but really any of these four teams could step up and win the Blue Division.

Gold Division:

I don't know the teams on this side as well but I'm leaning towards Notre Dame winning thru... Just a darn talented group of girls, top to bottom....

Friday 9/7 @ CCS 2 fields....

Notre Dame vs Tullahoma 4:00

Knox Catholic vs Cleveland 5:30

CPA vs Independence 8:00

Maryville vs Tn High 8:00

Their 2nd round is at 12:30 on Saturday

Blue Div Final is 5 on Saturday IIRC

Gold Div Final is 7 on Saturday

I don't think they play a grand champion game... just a #1 for each division. I may be wrong....

Hope you catch a great game or two!

School location:

Chattanooga Christian School

3354 Charger Drive

Chattanooga, TN 37409

Went to both the Blackman and Oakland games as part of the Riverdale contingent. Tullahoma did indeed look tired against Oakland, but had numerous chances to score more goals but didn't connect. Also, Oakland has definitely improved over last year. Against Blackman, Tullahoma could have sored 4 to 5 goals but again did not connect, while Blackman had a few chances to score also. The field at Blackman had two big mud puddles that hurt the play also.

morning games aren't necessarily the best, and i for one know that i was still very tired since that was our 7th game in 7 days. blackman is continually improving with every game, and i think the game next tues against riverdale will be an interesting one. a narrow field makes a lot of difference. i think we'd be a much larger threat on a wider field.

Whitey usually is on top of things with the standings..maybe he will post them in the next week or so. Upcoming big games:

9/11 Blackman@Riverdale

9/18 Siegel @Blackman

9/25 Cookeville@Riverdale

10/08 Cookeville @ Siegel

10/10 Riverdale@Siegel

These should be the games that decide the regular season district title. I think Oakland,despite being much improved is still a year or so away. The rest of the teams ( and I have seen Lebanon and White Co.) are not up to the level of the others.

Not in any particular order and remember that most teams have only played a couple of games, but here are points as I know them for now. By the way, I am no longer coaching so I am just an observer and well wisher for all the teams in the district. I hope that we will see two teams from the district advance to the State level like we did last year. That was exciting.

Blackman 1 - 0 - 0 = 3 points

Cookeville 2 - 1 - 0 = 6 points

Lebanon 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

Oakland 0 - 0 - 1 = 1 point

Riverdale 2 - 0 - 0 = 6 points

Siegel 2 - 0 - 0 = 6 points

Warren County 0 - 2 - 1 = 1 point

White County 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

I heard Warren County fired their coach! What happened for him to get canned in the middle of the year.

Only state things that you know for sure. "I heard" implies that you really don't know for sure so there is no need to stir up things that are not true

I happened to have great respect for the former Warren Co. coach and I feel like he deserves better than to be talked about in a cynical tone on the internet.