Ooltewah Football

Must have been a real fast decision. If he was working out through last week in the weight room at Baylor you would sure hope he was planning on being at Baylor using their facilities after school was out. Sounds like he could maybe start at Ooltewah at QB where he would not have at Baylor this year. It is odd to continue working out at one school during summer for weeks and then make the decision. Baylor has their QB in Massey. Now maybe Ooltewah one....if he is eligible.

Maybe the other 2 kids. But the Reed kid did not move from out of state. Lives in Chattanooga. This must have really happened quick. I heard that even last week he was working out in the weight room at Baylor using their facilities and had done so ever since school was out. Odd.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady will definately be in the mix but their are three other QB's he will have to beat out. A senior, junior and a soph who led their freshman team to an undefeated season. Competion for that spot just got a little more intense. It will be awesome having that much depth.

Reed isn't leaving Baylor.

Brady has been working out at Ooltewah. He was at passing practice last night.... It's still going to be a toss-up between all 3 QB's...

hey i dont know where he is working out or where hes going to school, but i m finally glad to here someone say that someone is not going to walk in and have a job, there are talented kids (some of the best athletes in chattanooga), up there. got to earn your spot up in Ooltewah!!!!!!!! i dont think many people just show up and have a position at OOLTEWAH. i think that all 3 qb s will be great no matter what happens.

If Brady Reed is eligible and does, in fact, transfer to OHS for next season, he will just be another competitor in the running for QB at Ooltewah. Whoever started this talk about a guaranteed start from a transfer that noone at Ooltewah has really even heard about is absurd. 3 or 4 athletes are competing for that position. I know the talent at Ooltewah, and it's all about who works the hardest.

Sometimes I wish people would just mond their own business and leave it up to the coaches to decide who is going to be quarterback and who is not. I guess when they walk on the field for the first time everyone will know who got the spot. So until then why don't everyone find something else to talk about.

I have asked a few people about this situation and nobody really seems to have heard anything. Just that he had been working out at Baylor prior to the dead period. He obviously would not play qb at Baylor this year and would have competition next year for it for sure. Good athlete but will not hurt the program. Baylor has alot of talent. Baylor like Ooltewah has many great athletes. I don't remember him backing up Massey last year on varsity....Wesley Iddlette did. In fact he shared qb duties with the Shuford kid at Baylor for JV. So I for sure would not assume he has qb nailed down at Ooltewah for 3 years. Don't know why someone started a thread about this when he was not proven on Baylor's varsity...only JV. But I think at least by his junior year if not this year...he will do great for Ooltewah. Good baseball player for Baylor this year and I am sure he will be for the Owls also. Good luck to him.

quote name='FridayNightLights' date='Jun 24 2007 - 07:51 AM' post='826478717']

Heard a rumor that rising sophomore Brady Reed, which was the backup qb for Baylor last year, is transferring to Ooltewah. If so, this would nail down the qb spot for the next three years at Ooltewah. He is also a top notch catcher and power hitter in Baseball. Does any of you Ooltewah fans have any inside info on this?