SONNY GRAY

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he is a very good football player. He is probably 5'11" & 185/lb and runs in the 4.8 range with a cannon arm. He could probably play @ the D1AA level for football but IMO he does not have the size or speed to play in the SEC.

Actually Sonny runs a 4.5 and has a CANNON... Size is the only thing that hurts him but there are numerous D1 colleges that would love him... And having a 97 m.p.h. fastball doesnt hurt either and thats not the 1st time he's been clocked at that this past he was clocked again at 97 in an 18u tournamant...

Sonny's greatest asset is not his arm or his running speed. It is his heart and level head. Young man does not panic and makes plays when lesser players would have layed down.

If you like watching him play baseball then you will love watching him play football. Combine the above with a humble attitude and you wind up with a great player that is worth the price of admission.

After viewing his highlight film, I have to say that he is taylor made for the system he's playing in. With all due respect to his natural talent and performance, those two wide receivers might have been the best tandem I've seen on film. The runningbacks were superb in blitz pick-up. I watched the film expecting to be impressed by an individual; I'm now impressed with an entire offense.

Actually Sonny runs a 4.5 and has a CANNON... Size is the only thing that hurts him but there are numerous D1 colleges that would love him... And having a 97 m.p.h. fastball doesnt hurt either and thats not the 1st time he's been clocked at that this past he was clocked again at 97 in an 18u tournamant...

Runs a 4.5 forty? Yes, and I am Mr. Fred Thompson the next president of the United States of America. I have watched Sonny run against other players and and while he does have some speed he is not even close to a legit (electronic) 4.5 forty.

Runs a 4.5 forty? Yes, and I am Mr. Fred Thompson the next president of the United States of America. I have watched Sonny run against other players and and while he does have some speed he is not even close to a legit (electronic) 4.5 forty.

Well put it this way he will beat someone who runs a 4.8 by 4 or 5 steps dont under estimate his speed I think a lot of teams did that last year and it got them in trouble..

hey Fred good to meet you,(i mean, Mr Fred Thompson next President) he is legit (electronic) and it is proven that he is 4 5 speed. not that it matters anyway, he is still a natural athlete and will do good at the next level reguardless of his speed, i dont know why some people want to put a good young athlete down, we need to be hoping he doesnt get hurt or in any trouble, and makes good grades at Vandy and maybe he ll be OUR Doctor someday.

hey Fred good to meet you,(i mean, Mr Fred Thompson next President) he is legit (electronic) and it is proven that he is 4 5 speed. not that it matters anyway, he is still a natural athlete and will do good at the next level reguardless of his speed, i dont know why some people want to put a good young athlete down, we need to be hoping he doesnt get hurt or in any trouble, and makes good grades at Vandy and maybe he ll be OUR Doctor someday.

I am not trying to put anyone down but I do get a little sideways with everyone that claims to run a 4.5 forty when most 4.5 hand timed fortys are really about 4.65 electronic fortys depending on the running surface. It's much easier to run a 4.5 on a hard track than a high school football field where the grass has some legenth or on some of the new field turf.

Sonny Gray is a very good kid and he will do fine in life but my gut tells me that he may very well take the money of MLB. If he is offered a signing bonus with seven figures and his education paid for should he ever wish to return to school he will have to take a close look at the big picture which is making a living.

Let's hope that the young man stays healthy during football and has the option of college baseball or professional baseball because we all know that one hit can change your life forever.