William Blount Football in '07

WBGradFan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a former WB football player, who just graduated, that the TSSAA was going to make WB change the color of their football uniforms to a lighter shade of blue to go with the other uniforms at the school. I tried to find something about this on the TSSAA website, which is really hard to navigate (sorry Earl Nall) and couldn't. I also went to the national governing body for high school sports to see if I could find something. I was just trying to determine if he just heard rumor/speculation/innuendo or if this was truely the case. The fact is, the WB football team has never worn the correct colors (imagine the old Tampa Bay orange with the Houston Oilers blue) as chosen by the school board back when the school was created. Maybe the GovMan or TG24 or someone else can shed some light on this. The change was supposedly going to take place next year, not this upcoming year. Who is to say what an offical color is. I know UT has a color number for TN Orange,(I think it is 151) but I don't think high schools are that sophisticated. And couldn't a simple vote be done to change the colors (shades) if this was the case.

It did look horrible. The basketball team had uniforms in that color back in the day. The GOVMAN wore one.

The problem with that original blueish/greeish color was that it was hard to find coaching apparrel, fan's t-shirts, polos, seat cushions and other paraphanelia in the color. It wasn't very standard. I believe that is why the color migrated to a more common shade of blue.

As far as "unifying uniform colors" ... there has been talk of that, but I don't believe it is being mandated by the TSSAA. I believe it is just an idea being promoted from within the school. And I'm not necessarily sure it's going to mean the football colors change to match other unis. It may well be that other sports change to match football. It does make sense to me that all the teams within the school should wear the same colors.

I did wear the dreaded original light blue and orange. Red Rebel, I remember when the football team used to sport orange jerseys ... I really like those.

I did wear the dreaded original light blue and orange. Red Rebel, I remember when the football team used to sport orange jerseys ... I really like those.

Personally I think the Govs have nice uniforms and a good color scheme. As for Heritage........don't like that sissy almost Carolina blue.

I like the current colors a lot better than the old. It kills me when you go to buy t-shirts, hats, etc. and a lot of it is in the old colors. I think they should make the current color and logo school wide.

Anyways, back to the topic this thread was created for.... I am hearing this is the strongest and most talented team to ever come through the school. Does anyone have any inside information on the way things are shaping up? Do they scrimmage anyone before the season starts?

Go Govs!!

Personally I think the Govs have nice uniforms and a good color scheme. As for Heritage........don't like that sissy almost Carolina blue.

The GOVS Va Cavalier look is a good change.

Glad when Hammontree went away from the Rebels looking like the Atlanta Falcons. The Men in Black is much better.