Should coacht expand to Alabama

TrojanSportsFan

Coacht in BAMA  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Coacht in BAMA

I've enjoyed coacht for several years now. I like all the information you can get on high school sports in TN. I enjoy high school sports and like all the coverage you get on this site. I'm also a big fan of the Tennessee Volunteers, which also makes me a BAMA hater down deep in my bones. So I was shocked and horrified when I saw that coacht is becoming a traitor and going to cover Alabama sports. Even though it is only high school sports, Bama sports is Bama sports no matter what it is in. I work in Alabama which makes me a big Bama hater as I have to deal with the Bama fans during football season. So why should they get the same info as we do here in TN. So whats everyones thoughts on this. Cast your vote!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anything that can make a buzz like the CoachT buzz should be shared. I dont think the two sites should be bundled together but creating an Alabama High School site like ours is a great idea and money maker. They love football down there as much as we do. I am in the Times Daily (Florence,Al) area, they cover Collinwood and Wayne County sports year round, so I get the paper daily and I know all the teams they cover. Having another outlet to keep up with them would be a great advantage for me.

Heck, if it makes Coacht more money then maybe he can give some of us Tn cheapskates a free year.

I'm all for it;But it might be hard to pry Alabama sports fans from their sports sites. I want to see how it goes though,hopefully well!

There is no site in Alabama that covers high school sports in the way coacht does. When I showed some that I work with in AL about coacht they were in envy that we had coverage like that. Now I won't have anything on them as they will have the same coverage.

There is no site in Alabama that covers high school sports in the way coacht does. When I showed some that I work with in AL about coacht they were in envy that we had coverage like that. Now I won't have anything on them as they will have the same coverage.

The closest thing is AL.com .

I haven't seen a board that covers high school sports like coachT does.

I think expansion is great, and seeing that it sounds as if the Alabama site will be a distinct site with its own domain, how well or poorly it does (and one would have to think it will do well, given Coach T's abilities and the relative lack of good message board fodder in AL) will have no impact on this site.

Outside of the message boards at al.com (newspaper site), the only other board I know of in AL should be fearful of the message board freight train headed that way.

If coacht does decide to add in alabama sports, I wouldn't have a big problem with that. I would like to see more TN vs AL high school football games though. I don't know how it would work but it would be cool if there was some kind of annual game between the two states. Different teams each year at a nuetral site, like MTSU one year and Alabama the next. Now that would be a big game and big crowd! Anyway, if Alabama sports are fused with coacht we're going to need the same topics to talk about sometimes or else Alabama might as well start their own "Coacha" (okay, you know that sounds funny, don't lie to yourself) cause there won't be much the two states could talk about.