3.) Mount Pleasant

4.) Gordonsville

4.) South Pittsburg

6.) Jo Byrns

7.) Hampton

8.) Union City

9.) McKenzie

10.) Trinity Christian

Well i am glad that region 4 has the top two and three of the top 4, but as we know it doesn't matter where you rank in the begining it is the end that matters. While people may argue about this list i doubt anyone can say that it is wrong, this is the coaches poll after all...

HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL PRESEASON COACHES POLLS FOR CLASSES 1A-2A-3A:

Class 1A

1.) Friendship Christian

2.) Trousdale Co.

3.) Mount Pleasant

4.) Gordonsville

4.) South Pittsburg

6.) Jo Byrns

7.) Hampton

8.) Union City

9.) McKenzie

10.) Trinity Christian

Class 2A

1.) Alcoa

2.) Goodpasture

3.) Milan

4.) CPA

5.) Huntingdon

6.) Tyner

7.) Boyd Buchannan

8.) Lewis Co.

9.) Humboldt

10.) Smith Co.

Class 3A

1.) Fulton

2.) David Lipscomb

3.) Dyersburg

4.) Knoxville catholic

5.) Austin East

6.) Pearl Cohn

7.) Covington

8.) White House

9.) Crockett Co.

10.) Bolivar Central & Haywood (TIED)

Hey imagine that. Same as Murphy Fair in 1A.

Hey imagine that. Same as Murphy Fair in 1A.

It is the Coaches Poll that is in Murphy Fair's Magazine. All coaches are given a blank list where they can list their "Top 5" teams (opinion of course) when they fill it the form for the magazine. There may be some coaches out there who vote with their hearts instead of their heads. There may be others who use the "Spurrier Format" and fill out a Top 5 that in the end looks comical.

NOTE: When I say "Spurrier Format" this is of course relating to the fact that when Steve Spurrier fills out his Preseason Top 25 every year prior to the college football season he ALWAYS includes the ACC cellar dwellar Duke Blue Devils on that list. HE MAY NOT ADMIT IT BUT IT'S JUST A JOKE!!!!

It is the Coaches Poll that is in Murphy Fair's Magazine. All coaches are given a blank list where they can list their "Top 5" teams (opinion of course) when they fill it the form for the magazine. There may be some coaches out there who vote with their hearts instead of their heads. There may be others who use the "Spurrier Format" and fill out a Top 5 that in the end looks comical.

NOTE: When I say "Spurrier Format" this is of course relating to the fact that when Steve Spurrier fills out his Preseason Top 25 every year prior to the college football season he ALWAYS includes the ACC cellar dwellar Duke Blue Devils on that list. HE MAY NOT ADMIT IT BUT IT'S JUST A JOKE!!!!

It's because that was where his first head-coaching gig was in 88 and 89 before he went to Florida.

Class 1A

1.) Friendship Christian

2.) Trousdale Co.

3.) Mount Pleasant

4.) Gordonsville

4.) South Pittsburg

6.) Jo Byrns

7.) Hampton

8.) Union City

9.) McKenzie

10.) Trinity Christian

Class 2A

1.) Alcoa

2.) Goodpasture

3.) Milan

4.) CPA

5.) Huntingdon

6.) Tyner

7.) Boyd Buchannan

8.) Lewis Co.

9.) Humboldt

10.) Smith Co.

Class 3A

1.) Fulton

2.) David Lipscomb

3.) Dyersburg

4.) Knoxville catholic

5.) Austin East

6.) Pearl Cohn

7.) Covington

8.) White House

9.) Crockett Co.

Well region 2 looks to be as good as always holding 3 of the top 5 spots in 3A.

Class 1A

1.) Friendship Christian

2.) Trousdale Co.

3.) Mount Pleasant

4.) Gordonsville

4.) South Pittsburg

6.) Jo Byrns

7.) Hampton

8.) Union City

9.) McKenzie

10.) Trinity Christian

Class 2A

1.) Alcoa

2.) Goodpasture

3.) Milan

4.) CPA

5.) Huntingdon

6.) Tyner

7.) Boyd Buchannan

8.) Lewis Co.

9.) Humboldt

10.) Smith Co.

Class 3A

1.) Fulton

2.) David Lipscomb

3.) Dyersburg

4.) Knoxville catholic

5.) Austin East

6.) Pearl Cohn

7.) Covington

8.) White House

9.) Crockett Co.

Replace the Green Tigers with the Red Tigers at 10th.

Well region 2 looks to be as good as always holding 3 of the top 5 spots in 3A.

allknowing.

You are right, it will be tough as usual, but what is interesting about the polls though is the breakdown of First Place votes for each Team.

Fulton 23

David Lipscomb 3

Dyersburg 1

Catholic 4

AE, PC, and Whitehouse; one each.

So of the 34 1st Place votes assigned, roughly 70% were for Fulton. Sooooo, maybe all this chatter about how much rebuilding the Falcons have to do is just that...chatter. Coaches tend to know more than we do. At least, I used to like to think so.

ruse?

Its a fact in 1A that some coaches beleive Satterfield can take your team and give you his and beat you. I have heard this more than once. He has made a believer out of many.

allknowing.

You are right, it will be tough as usual, but what is interesting about the polls though is the breakdown of First Place votes for each Team.

Fulton 23

David Lipscomb 3

Dyersburg 1

Catholic 4

AE, PC, and Whitehouse; one each.

So of the 34 1st Place votes assigned, roughly 70% were for Fulton. Sooooo, maybe all this chatter about how much rebuilding the Falcons have to do is just that...chatter. Coaches tend to know more than we do. At least, I used to like to think so.

ruse?

I love comparing the polls the way that they were at the start of the season to the way that they are after week ten heading into the playoffs.

If I were to guess now I would say that David Lipscomb may have the best shot to end the season ranked #1. The 2-3A teams (Fulton, Catholic, AE) & the 4-3A teams (PC, WH, S Camp) & the 7-3A teams (Covington, Dyersburg, Crockett Co.) all have a high possibility of beating up on one another throughout the season.

That's why in the end polls really mean nothing because in the playoffs YOU MUST WIN!!!! Region 2-3A has done a better job than anyone at this since the 2001 postseason began. I really can't recall a 2-3A #1 seed winning it all in any of those cases. AE went on the road and beat Anderson Co. back in the '01 playoffs. LA beat everyone on the road in their run to the state title. Fulton has beaten several tough teams on the road during their runs to three titles in four years.