Big East High School Conference

irish10

True, just as is the Sevier County/ Science Hill matchup. Science Hill starts the confrence season with Sevier Co and at Bearden. A sweep of those games put the Toppers in the catbirds seat at the midpoint of the season.

Yeah and Sevier County is in the same mode as D-B, they lost a lot of two and three year starters...they still have good talent, it is just unproven simply due to a lack of experience...it should be a very good year in the conference...I think Jeff County will be better, but as someone put it, I think they will have a while to go to get back to the attitude of the Jeff Jennings, Scooter Houston days (hard to ever match that talent), but just want that swagger back in Dumplin' Valley, it's good for the conference.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and Sevier County is in the same mode as D-B, they lost a lot of two and three year starters...they still have good talent, it is just unproven simply due to a lack of experience...it should be a very good year in the conference...I think Jeff County will be better, but as someone put it, I think they will have a while to go to get back to the attitude of the Jeff Jennings, Scooter Houston days (hard to ever match that talent), but just want that swagger back in Dumplin' Valley, it's good for the conference.

Roll Tribe Roll

As long as the powers at be don`t split the county up with a 2nd school, we`re hoping for a quick climb in Patriot country.

You think Science Hill can jump from 4 to 1? im sure they will be much improved but thats asking alot, i know they have a new coach and everything but i dont know if they have the horses to climb that high.

Well, I think Science Hill can and will be number 1. Then it will come down 2 if they can win in State.

1) Bearden

2) Dobyns Bennett

3) Sevier Co.

4) Science Hill

5) Jefferson Co.

6) Karns

7) Campbell Co.

Dobyns Bennett will drop 3 of their first 5 and then win out. Bearden will go undefeated in the conference this year. How do I know this? Because im WaCo JaCo

Bearden has to play DB @ DB and i think that will be one of two games they lose

What's the chances of a county split?

It’s looking more likely than not at this point, at least the last I heard. The initial plan for the high school when it was built was flawed, the size they built the school was based on how many students they had, and not how many they would have. The school was built for 1200-1500 when it should have been built for 2000-2500 kids. Athletically a 2nd school could cause a bad situation, especially if both schools aren’t equally furnished or supported, and IMO the country doesn’t have the funds to do it. There is some room for expanding the current school, but I don’t know if there is quite enough and we`d end up in the same situation where we're building for the current population. If they're going to expand the current school they better build it for 3000+, cause the freshman class keeps getting bigger and bigger every year.

its gonna be BeardenDBSevier Countyscience hillJeff Co.KarnsCampbell Co.Whoever thinks science hill is gonna be good this year is crazy. science hill has nobody except for Soloman and he still doesnt know how to make moves hes just as strong and fast as anybody. And he cant even tie his own shoe. Bearden could go undefeated in the Big East if they beat DB which i think they will by atleast 2 touchdowns. Then again DB could shock me and be kinda good and win the Big East but i wouldnt bet on that. I dont know much of anything about Sevier County. And for Jeff Co. they havent been good at all since Jeff and Scooter left and i havent heard of Karns winning a game except for Durans junior year down there. And Campbell Co. might as well just not even play.Sullivan South is also going to beat science hill ha.

its gonna be BeardenDBSevier Countyscience hillJeff Co.KarnsCampbell Co.Whoever thinks science hill is gonna be good this year is crazy. science hill has nobody except for Soloman and he still doesnt know how to make moves hes just as strong and fast as anybody. And he cant even tie his own shoe. Bearden could go undefeated in the Big East if they beat DB which i think they will by atleast 2 touchdowns. Then again DB could shock me and be kinda good and win the Big East but i wouldnt bet on that. I dont know much of anything about Sevier County. And for Jeff Co. they havent been good at all since Jeff and Scooter left and i havent heard of Karns winning a game except for Durans junior year down there. And Campbell Co. might as well just not even play.Sullivan South is also going to beat science hill ha.

That's a good handle, Mr. Crazy

Sounds like someone needs a nap or time out. ...NOT cool to berate a kid because of hating or jealousy. The outcome of the Science Hill- south game will be known on AUG24.....until then why not give us some insights to why you think SH will fall to south?

My thoughts are:

Bearden

Science Hill

D-B

Sevier County

Jeff County

Karns

Campbell County

Talent level at D-B is down significantly from last year. They will have a first round exit from the playoffs again.

Science Hill is a one man show. They will simply play harder and get a program wide shot in the arm from Coach Smith this year.

Bearden's challenge will be to see if they can handle the pressure of the front runner. They were the premier program in Knoxville years ago; can they regain the swagger? If so, they can dominate Region I - 5A for years to come.

I admit I pick Sevier County for the final playoff spot because I think their overall program is stronger than the other three. I do not know much about them.

My thoughts are:

Bearden

Science Hill

D-B

Sevier County

Jeff County

Karns

Campbell County

Talent level at D-B is down significantly from last year. They will have a first round exit from the playoffs again.

Science Hill is a one man show. They will simply play harder and get a program wide shot in the arm from Coach Smith this year.

I think most people will be in for a surprise if they think that Science Hill is a one man show but I hope that thought process is passed on to the coaches on their schedule. I believe that the top four teams are correct but the order is anyone's guess. Sevier and db are replacing alot of key players. While Bearden and Science Hill are entering the season with new coaches. Bearden's Coach Wilson's death was a shock while prayers go out to these young men, it wll be interesting to see if how the adversity effect them on the field along with the coaching change.

My thoughts are:

Bearden

Science Hill

D-B

Sevier County

Jeff County

Karns

Campbell County

Bearden's challenge will be to see if they can handle the pressure of the front runner. They were the premier program in Knoxville years ago; can they regain the swagger? If so, they can dominate Region I - 5A for years to come.

I admit I pick Sevier County for the final playoff spot because I think their overall program is stronger than the other three. I do not know much about them.

I agree with etfan on the top 4 teams of the conference, but not sure yet what order they will be in. I think most people will agree that Bearden is probably the team to beat this year.

But, to say Science Hill is a one man show couldn’t be farther from the truth.