clay county

bchswar

Great post.

I also am not Coach Brown's wife or son, but wholeheartily agree with the dawg. Sparta's program was in shambles when Coach Brown arrived and is much improved now. Be happy Spartaboy and support the new coach, instead of running down th old one.

Then why do you call him dad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Co. hosted a 3 way scrimmage with Livingston Academy and Pickett Co. last night. Clay has some big boys and good skill people. I thought they held their own with Livingston. I believe if they don't suffer any major injuries that they can challenge Watertown and Monterey for that 4th spot in the play-offs.

As a Region 4 fan I'd love to see Clay County (Celina) return to the days where they were a force in 1A football. Region 4 has 3 perenial football powers in TC, G-ville, and FC and both Monterey and H2O town are improving programs who could surprise people in future years. If Celina could get back to the days where they were an annual playoff participant this would only make region 4 that much stronger.

I can remember the days where a trip to Celina and walking thru the "dawg pound" between the dungeon-like locker room and the field could make most 15-18 yr. olds a lil nervous. The old Celina locker room was akin to a dungeon or torture chamber with one exposed light bulb and a cold, wet, concrete floor with maybe three aluminum chairs for the visiting team to dress. Then you exited and had a 1/2 mile hike thru what could most politley be described as "rabid fans", most of whom were under the nfluence of home brewed spirits, dressed in their coon hunting cover-alls, and excited aout their home-town team. When you finally reached the field you faced a well coached 40-50 Celina players who not only knew the game but would play for 4 quarters and bring it every play. They were consistently a top 10 class 1A team and better than TC, FC, and many 2A teams in what was at that time only a 3 classification system with no Division II. At that time only 1-2 teams made the playoffs from each district and you could bet that Celina would always be in the hunt.

When I have watched Clay Co. in recent years I still see large numbers of players, good size, but weaker & slower skilled players than in years past and little or much less team/heart or fan support compared to their "glory days". Its amazing how things can change.

Sounds like they have hired a coach who just might bring back the program. Best of luck, Celina, on regaining your place near the top of Region 4 - 1A.

I agree with every bit of it.

I used to dread trying to block their 270 lb. linemen, and they had plenty of them.

Good luck to Clay Co.

Also, have they consolidated schools up there yet?

Maybe they should go back to being called Celina.

As a Region 4 fan I'd love to see Clay County (Celina) return to the days where they were a force in 1A football. Region 4 has 3 perenial football powers in TC, G-ville, and FC and both Monterey and H2O town are improving programs who could surprise people in future years. If Celina could get back to the days where they were an annual playoff participant this would only make region 4 that much stronger.

I can remember the days where a trip to Celina and walking thru the "dawg pound" between the dungeon-like locker room and the field could make most 15-18 yr. olds a lil nervous. The old Celina locker room was akin to a dungeon or torture chamber with one exposed light bulb and a cold, wet, concrete floor with maybe three aluminum chairs for the visiting team to dress. Then you exited and had a 1/2 mile hike thru what could most politley be described as "rabid fans", most of whom were under the nfluence of home brewed spirits, dressed in their coon hunting cover-alls, and excited aout their home-town team. When you finally reached the field you faced a well coached 40-50 Celina players who not only knew the game but would play for 4 quarters and bring it every play. They were consistently a top 10 class 1A team and better than TC, FC, and many 2A teams in what was at that time only a 3 classification system with no Division II. At that time only 1-2 teams made the playoffs from each district and you could bet that Celina would always be in the hunt.

When I have watched Clay Co. in recent years I still see large numbers of players, good size, but weaker & slower skilled players than in years past and little or much less team/heart or fan support compared to their "glory days". Its amazing how things can change.

Sounds like they have hired a coach who just might bring back the program. Best of luck, Celina, on regaining your place near the top of Region 4 - 1A.

It was a wild place to play. Hope they have a good yr.

First you accuse people of being his wife and kid and now you think I'm Brown...man you've got issues. I have never met or spoken to him. I've probably cussed him over the years more than you. It just bothers me and apparently several more on here that you would be so hostile to a coach. You have shown disrespect to him, questioned his manhood and tried to drag his family into it. If you have that many issues with him, go question his manhood to his face. if you won't do that then move on and quit trying to stir things up on a thread that does not concern WCHS. And if juicey is right about them hanging with L.A., then I still stand by my prediction that they will be a better 1A team than WCHS will be a 4A team.

First you accuse people of being his wife and kid and now you think I'm Brown...man you've got issues. I have never met or spoken to him. I've probably cussed him over the years more than you. It just bothers me and apparently several more on here that you would be so hostile to a coach. You have shown disrespect to him, questioned his manhood and tried to drag his family into it. If you have that many issues with him, go question his manhood to his face. if you won't do that then move on and quit trying to stir things up on a thread that does not concern WCHS. And if juicey is right about them hanging with L.A., then I still stand by my prediction that they will be a better 1A team than WCHS will be a 4A team.

you are funny anyone with an i q of a peanut knows the remarks saying was this his wife was a joke!!!!!!I hope clay county and wc are sucessful really do lets leave it at this its not hard to find out when and where posts come from especially when you no someone who works for dell that tracks where posts come from 4 a living anyways it dont matter good luck with your team!!!!Never talked to him lol ok!!!!!!!