Sequatchie Valley teams

jshawler

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd expect the superintendent to know the numbers. I was guessing about 675 for the high school this year. I thought the entering freshman class last year was around 210 and he says this new group is the largest. All of it will be finalized when they turn in their numbers to the state, I believe 10 days after school starts. The main point in all of that, as far as it relates to sports, there's little doubt they'll be in 3A in football in two years, and even if it's 250 in each freshman class, the dropout number would probably keep them in AA in winter and spring sports. Some years in some sports, the AA district around Chattanooga is better than or as good as the the AAA district.

New Name for institute of higher learning in Dunlap

Instituto de Condado de Sequatchie

bledsoe is in the sequatchie valley but until last year beating both Marion and Sequatchie (both were down considerably) had not made any noise in the valley in several years. I see them being stronger this year and hopefully finishing at least 2nd in the region.

Wow, the combined record for Seq. and Jasper last year was 4 & 17. Thats really making some noise. S.P. is hands down the program in the Valley!

Also, I think Boyd and Tyner will agian battle for 1 and 2. I think bledsoe is a solid 3 spot.

no, just dont care about bledsoe!!

Care about Bledsoe or not, really does not matter. (although that was funny) With the dramatic improvement Bledsoe made last year, the group of players that they have this year, and the increasing community support that is behind them... Bledsoe County will once again be a factor in the Valley. Good Luck Warriors and Go Big Blue!

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be able to tell more about Seq Friday after the scrimmage with Grundy and Grace. Even though it's just a scrimmage, a pair of Ws would do a lot for confidence after last year. They tied Grace 0-0 in the spring but gained a lot more yardage, ran out of plays on what looked like possible scoring drives (10 play format).

We'll be able to tell more about Seq Friday after the scrimmage with Grundy and Grace. Even though it's just a scrimmage, a pair of Ws would do a lot for confidence after last year. They tied Grace 0-0 in the spring but gained a lot more yardage, ran out of plays on what looked like possible scoring drives (10 play format).

I'll be there at the scrimmage and i think the indians should do good if they are doing as good as i am hearing. Good luck indians hope you come out of it with some W's.

Sequatchie looked OK during the scrimmage with Grace.

But 1A Grace Academy held them to no score.

Sequatchie seemed frustrated.

Grace is tougher this year with a better defense (a lot quicker than last year).

Watch Josh Blake at QB and Cody Cross at FB/LB both Juniors can play.

Sequatchie looked OK during the scrimmage with Grace.

But 1A Grace Academy held them to no score.

Sequatchie seemed frustrated.

Grace is tougher this year with a better defense (a lot quicker than last year).

Watch Josh Blake at QB and Cody Cross at FB/LB both Juniors can play.

But dont forget grace did not score either and barley moved the ball.... the def. of sequatchie held grace and grundy combine for 50 yds of off..... the sequatchie county off... looked Ok..... which the off.. did get frustrated at times.... but grace is quick and and tough nethier team scored and it was a good hard hitting scrimmage... even though their was issues on about the off. we still avg. 5.8 yards a play....... Indians are on the right track..... and is improving... and watch out for GRACE this year they will be a good team...... they play hard......