Gallatin down and out?

as a former member of the gallatin team i know what this year is gonna be. i praticed with the group of seniors this year. not any of yall were there to see how lazy they were when it came time to pratice. they just piddled around until pratice was over. you try to say last years seniors had no team unity then how do you expect 43 seniors to stay together since there freshman year. all those group of seniors did was encourage the underclassmen and teach them how to be better. lets see how good they will be this year when they don't have the talent that they have had since they came in to the varsity program. they are going to sturggle and everybody knows it. when you have a guy on there team having to make up 15 workouts because he can't make his 23 workouts for the summer you call team unity. when parents of seniors say their is not leadership that everybody does what they want to do you call that team unity. i love gallatin football and would never dreamed of playing any where else but i feel sorry for the coaches this year that they work hard for nothing. truth hurts hendersonville still stinks

To sum up your post I will just say "GHETTO"

The other thing about this thread is people preaching about winning the region for the 3rd strait year. I played 4 years and we talked about winning state titles.....keep the region mess. This is Gallitin, if anyone knows that it is them which is one of the most storied programs in the state that actually uses local talent instead of "transfers"( really recruits). They will be fine but support from ex-players will only help.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not saying that gallatin is gonna stink i hope they win the state it will bring the gallatin powerhouse football team back where it needs to be. the only thing that i am saying what happens if gallatin goes 2-8 or 3-7. the same thing is gonna happen as it has with all the seniors before they showed no leadership they were a bunch of individuals and all that. you blame it on the players but what about the coaches. after last year everybody on here was talking about getting rid of coach lassiter but now you blame it on the 43 seniors that were there last year. look i love all the players on that team and treated them like family and was always there for them but when it gets bad you blame it on the seniors when it is not there fault.

i am not saying that gallatin is gonna stink i hope they win the state it will bring the gallatin powerhouse football team back where it needs to be. the only thing that i am saying what happens if gallatin goes 2-8 or 3-7. the same thing is gonna happen as it has with all the seniors before they showed no leadership they were a bunch of individuals and all that. you blame it on the players but what about the coaches. after last year everybody on here was talking about getting rid of coach lassiter but now you blame it on the 43 seniors that were there last year. look i love all the players on that team and treated them like family and was always there for them but when it gets bad you blame it on the seniors when it is not there fault.

Thank You So Much, I'm glad somebody finally understands where we're coming from its time for somebody thats willing to coach a team past the first or second round of the playoffs maybe even STATE but i don't see that happening with the staff now. Bring back Coach Short if thats what we gotta do to win, at least we know he can!!!!

BIGGREEN, that's a much better attitude than what your previous post indicated.. I should have stated in my reply that the coaches also helped create a sense of "43 seniors" and the rest of the guys on the team last season. I didn't mean to infer that the reason Gallatin lost to Ravenwood was strictly the seniors fault. There were some very good ball players in that senior class and many were called upon by the coaches to do more than their share last season. The fact that the underclassmen only saw mop-up duty late in blowout games did nothing to help prepare them for this season. There's nothing like real game experience. You are also correct in saying, if things go south with this years team, the seniors will get much or most of the blame. I've been hearing negative comments about this class since they were in middle school but I do know they love this team and regardless of how things seem, they do care and want to win as much as any player at GHS ever has!!

Hopefullfy this coaching staff realizes the mistakes of the past and will work to correct all or as many of those mistakes as possible. Only time will tell if coach Lassiter will/can adjust his coaching style. From some of the things I'm hearing he is allowing and making lots of changes this season. I guess we will all know soon enough.

all i am trying to say is that it's is not all the player's fault we worked day in and day out for that team and to be blamed for that loss when we ran the game plan that was chosen for us is wrong. i mean why would you try running against a team that is blitzing nine to ten people every play when you have recievers like boo butler and zac hargett that can catch the ball

all i am trying to say is that it's is not all the player's fault we worked day in and day out for that team and to be blamed for that loss when we ran the game plan that was chosen for us is wrong. i mean why would you try running against a team that is blitzing nine to ten people every play when you have recievers like boo butler and zac hargett that can catch the ball

I agree with you. I was there and witnessed what happened. Lot's of poor choices were made for that game and even before that after the Hendersonville game. The Butler kid should have been left at receiver and Cory Wilmore should have been given the full reins to run his team. You guys played hard but were hancuffed somewhat by the gameplan. The big thing was the lack of adjustments during the game and at halftime.

Please don't confuse what I'm saying about a division on the team between the seniors and the underclassmen with blaming the seniors for the loss to Ravenwood. Gallatin was out coached and that's the reason for the loss. I really hope the caoching staff understands what happened and makes changes, I believe they have and will.

Thank You So Much, I'm glad somebody finally understands where we're coming from its time for somebody thats willing to coach a team past the first or second round of the playoffs maybe even STATE but i don't see that happening with the staff now. Bring back Coach Short if thats what we gotta do to win, at least we know he can!!!!

While you are on former coaches.................I never understood why the present Cookeville coach was let go??

While you are on former coaches.................I never understood why the present Cookeville coach was let go??

Thats a long story. The point is that no one was going to come in and be successful without winning a state championship and be accepted. Calvin Short is a legend in this town and it still pains me that he wears WHHS on his hat and not GHS. Joslin was in a no win situation...and that is a shame because he has proven to be a good coach. Cookeville is extremely happy that they got him.

Now everybody we can live in the past if ya'll want too but I am looking toward the future. There were multiple reasons why we did not advance last year. Jealousy among the team, lack of the starting quarterback, terrible game plan, and just maybe Ravenwood just outcoached and outplayed us. Fact is we were 10-1. Not bad ....not what we all had hoped but not bad. I have heard a lot of talk about this years squad. They are not talented enough, they have something to prove, or whatever, to me it doesn't matter til they prove it on the field. Now having said that, they looked better than what anybody thought they would during the spring. That is encouraging. When it matters hopefully they will have what it takes. I am however realistic. The lack of experience will be hard to replace. Good luck Green Wave I will be there to cheer you on. I would hope that anyone who has been through this program would join me. Gallatin football is bigger than any one senior class or any one player or coach. This is a program. There are people in the stands that have been going to the games since way before myself and it is a respect factor. Whether you played when Gallatin couldn't win a game or on state championship teams, the Green Wave program is to be respected for what it stands for. People outside of Gallatin don't know what it is and now that Station Camp has opened the we are in further need for unity among us fans. So lets all just get along...for the programs sake. Go Green Wave!!

Thats a long story. The point is that no one was going to come in and be successful without winning a state championship and be accepted. Calvin Short is a legend in this town and it still pains me that he wears WHHS on his hat and not GHS. Joslin was in a no win situation...and that is a shame because he has proven to be a good coach. Cookeville is extremely happy that they got him.

Now everybody we can live in the past if ya'll want too but I am looking toward the future. There were multiple reasons why we did not advance last year. Jealousy among the team, lack of the starting quarterback, terrible game plan, and just maybe Ravenwood just outcoached and outplayed us. Fact is we were 10-1. Not bad ....not what we all had hoped but not bad. I have heard a lot of talk about this years squad. They are not talented enough, they have something to prove, or whatever, to me it doesn't matter til they prove it on the field. Now having said that, they looked better than what anybody thought they would during the spring. That is encouraging. When it matters hopefully they will have what it takes. I am however realistic. The lack of experience will be hard to replace. Good luck Green Wave I will be there to cheer you on. I would hope that anyone who has been through this program would join me. Gallatin football is bigger than any one senior class or any one player or coach. This is a program. There are people in the stands that have been going to the games since way before myself and it is a respect factor. Whether you played when Gallatin couldn't win a game or on state championship teams, the Green Wave program is to be respected for what it stands for. People outside of Gallatin don't know what it is and now that Station Camp has opened the we are in further need for unity among us fans. So lets all just get along...for the programs sake. Go Green Wave!!

Amen good post. But as for this season Im tired of people talking about it. Just be patient and let the kids show you what they can do. let the pads do the talking. And whether they go 0-10 or 15-0 they still need the support an passion for gallatin football from the fans that has always been there for the program. The players HIGHLY appreciate everything you do.

GO GREEN WAVE

Man, there is just something special about Coach Short. When he became Principal of Portland, their football team became a monster. Isn't that when they won state? While he was principal. Then again, Portland people say that he had NOTHING to do with the turnaround, because he wasn't coaching at all. All I know is that he was on the sidelines pacing every game pretty much while at PHS. No, not in coaching gear, but nevertheless...maybe it was just the "aura".

His two seasons as volunteer coach for the freshman team at WH? Both freshman teams have went undefeated. Not to take anything away from the last two years of WH freshman team players though, as they were both successful in middle school as well.....

Saying that, I think Joslin was given a raw deal and was a victim of circumstance, but I guess things have turned out just fine for him. I like Coach Lassiter and hope he gets the Wave over the hump......Good Luck Green Wave....!

Man, there is just something special about Coach Short. When he became Principal of Portland, their football team became a monster. Isn't that when they won state? While he was principal. Then again, Portland people say that he had NOTHING to do with the turnaround, because he wasn't coaching at all. All I know is that he was on the sidelines pacing every game pretty much while at PHS. No, not in coaching gear, but nevertheless...maybe it was just the "aura".

His two seasons as volunteer coach for the freshman team at WH? Both freshman teams have went undefeated. Not to take anything away from the last two years of WH freshman team players though, as they were both successful in middle school as well.....

Saying that, I think Joslin was given a raw deal and was a victim of circumstance, but I guess things have turned out just fine for him. I like Coach Lassiter and hope he gets the Wave over the hump......Good Luck Green Wave....!

I echo you statements. Good luck to the Blue Devils this year.

Has Gallatin EVER been truly "down and out?"

Would 7-3 be considered down and out for Gallatin?

Gallatin has as good tradition and community support as anyone in the state. This is part of why they seem to always be successful.

I just can't see Gallatin not being in the hunt for the region title and advancing in the playoffs. Yes they were upset by Ravenwood last year. Gallatin seems to never be whipped. The only way to beat them is to spread them out and out run them. Having played against both teams last season, Gallatin was much more physical and tough. Ravenwood was athletic and a finesse team. If Gallatin gets the lead, they pound you and it's pretty much over. To beat them you must get the lead and get them out of their comfort level. That's easier said than done.

I still say Gallatin was by far the best team we faced in 13 games last season and will probably be the toughest opponent we face this season.