Four Way Scrimmage @ Cookeville

OakRidgeCat

Friday at 6:00pm four teams square off in Cookeville for a four way scrimmage.

Cookevelle Cavaliers

Blackman Blaze

Bearden Bulldogs

Oak Ridge Wildcats

Should be something for everyone and will help all the teams get ready for the fast approaching football season. Friday night football - just something special about it!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookevelle Cavaliers

Blackman Blaze

Bearden Bulldogs

Oak Ridge Wildcats

Should be something for everyone and will help all the teams get ready for the fast approaching football season. Friday night football - just something special about it!

I heard they were playing at TTU. Tech's got a new rug.

Cookevelle Cavaliers

Blackman Blaze

Bearden Bulldogs

Oak Ridge Wildcats

Where in Cookeville?? One year it was at Cookeville HS, next year at Tennessee Tech Stadium, and this year I hear it is at Tennessee Tech Practice Field, and is that time EST or CST?? If it is CST, then that would be 7 EST...and if it is 6 EST, that would be 5 CST...

Where in Cookeville?? One year it was at Cookeville HS, next year at Tennessee Tech Stadium, and this year I hear it is at Tennessee Tech Practice Field, and is that time EST or CST?? If it is CST, then that would be 7 EST...and if it is 6 EST, that would be 5 CST...

It will be the practice field and from what I can figure out it will be 6:00pm CST. It is obvious the communication thing needs a little work, but we will get there. I wish the heat would break a little, you just gotta worry about the players with this oppressive heat. Glad the coaches and the AD's are well versed in the heat issue.

Does anyone have any info on how Bearden or Blackman are predicted to be this year? I know OakRidge will have a good squad as will Cookeville just curious about the other two. Does OakRidge scrimmage Cookeville first?

Bearden has the potential to have one of the better teams that they have fielded in some time. Dawson Hallady, QB returns for essentially 3rd yr. as starter. RBs w/experience are Sean Cunningham (Big), Tory Works (Quick/tough). Also look for Nathan Hammilton, and Brandon Pemberton to carry it. Most OL, and DL return. Not that big, but expeienced and strong. A lot of these guys have started since Soph yr. Peter Shankles, Ryne Goodrich, Wes Moore, Alex Goultry. Pemberton, Hammilton double as ILBs and Preston Rouse is a handfull at OLB. This bunch has a lot to play for. Depth should be a concern IMO.

It will be the practice field and from what I can figure out it will be 6:00pm CST. It is obvious the communication thing needs a little work, but we will get there. I wish the heat would break a little, you just gotta worry about the players with this oppressive heat. Glad the coaches and the AD's are well versed in the heat issue.

No, it will be held on the game field at Tennessee Tech. And there will be lights, so be prepared to stay if you come.

This should be a great scrimmage. This will be a good indicator of some of the stronger teams in 5-A. I would have to say Oak Ridge is the best team at this scrimmage.

We'll see, but OR will have their hands full w/Bearden. Bearden is loaded w/SRs, many that have a lot of experience, and have scrimmaged well aginst OR recently.