Football is curtailed

coach763

Wonder what they do about the heat in Texas? Maybe it would explain why it is the best football state in the country.

Yeah I'm sure that it. What a goof.

As a coach who has had a player suffer a major heat related problem, it scares you to death and makes you think twice about heat, humidity and the numbr of water breaks.

Also, by the central office making this decision; it takes the heat(no pun intended) off coaches who would like to do this but would get nailed by parents and boosters as being too soft.

Kudos to Wilson County.

I understand precautions, but what will they do when they have an actual game to play in week 0 and the heat is around the same intensity. I know week 0 was brutal last yr....many cramps during the games . Will they be forced to forfeit it by the board?

That's a good question. It remains to be seen what the new Wilson Co. schools director would do. Hopefully, this extreme heat will back off a little soon - to just heat. 100 degree heat index days are much, much better than 115+.