White House-David Lipscomb

Big Country

It is tomorrow evening at DL and both of these teams have state title aspirations as far as the overall picture in Class 3A is concerned. This should be a great measuring stick for both in this test as these two teams head into their long tough regular season schedules.

White House RETURNING Players to Look For: Roger Gaines (OL/DL), DeMarqus Payne (RB/DB), DeMarrius Payne (RB/DB), Michael Barrett (OL/LB), Chad Neal (WR/DB), Matt Parker (WR/DB)

David Lipscomb RETURNING Players to Look For: Cameron Hunt (OL/DL) , Zack Rogers (WR/DB), Kevin Davis (RB/DB), Jeremy Holt (RB/DB), Mitchell Tenpenny (TE/DL), Evan Webb (TE/LB)

White House Players ON THE HOT SEAT: Trox Greenwade (QB) & Bryan Dixon (TB)

David Lipscomb Players ON THE HOT SEAT: Caleb Simpson (QB) & Russ Moneypenny (FB)

For White House Greenwade is the favorite heading into these scrimmages to win the starting job as the team's signal caller. He must follow in the footsteps of some guys who did a good job while taking the snaps in "BDP Country". Dustin Townsend was criticized throughout his playing days at WH but he was a winner. The guy won three playoff games in two years as the starter on some offensive football teams that were far from great in terms of receiving weapons. Dixon is said to have the capabilities of being the "next Ricky Ladd" type of running back to come through the school. That remains to be seen as of today but a good performance against a well coached defensive unit such as Lipscomb's would stir that talk up even more.

For David Lipscomb it's simple. Simpson played a lot last year while Hunt was on the shelf but in the end it was Hunt who took the team to the Blue Cross Bowl. In fact David Lipscomb has had three straight quarterbacks take them to the Boro (Hunt, Clay Smith, & Burton Elrod). Can Simpson follow that group's success???? Speaking of the name "Elrod" the next one was Matt Elrod. For the last three years now Matt Elrod has been a main cog in the DL running game. Everyone who knows football and has seen DL play knows that the Mustangs love to run the trap to their fullback, the belly to their fullback, and the spring draw to their fullback. Moneypenny played well in spurts last year but now the question is can he do it as the full time starter now that Elrod has FINALLY graduated.

THESE 2 TEAMS ARE 2 OF THE FAVORITES IN ALL OF CLASS 3A & ALONG WITH PEARL COHN ARE THE MIDSTATE'S TOP HOPES TO WIN THE CLASS 3A BLUE CROSS BOWL IN 2007. LOTS OF QUESTIONS WILL BE ON THE RISE FOLLOWING THIS ONE BUT AS FOR MY QUESTIONS I HOPE THAT SOME OF THEM DO GET SOLVED TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! COACH MCADAMS & COACH PORTER RUN TWO OF THE CLASSIEST PROGRAMS IN THE ENTIRE STATE AND THAT'S WHY BOTH OF THESE TEAMS ARE ALWAYS IN THE HUNT. 2007 SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is tomorrow evening at DL and both of these teams have state title aspirations as far as the overall picture in Class 3A is concerned. This should be a great measuring stick for both in this test as these two teams head into their long tough regular season schedules.

White House RETURNING Players to Look For: Roger Gaines (OL/DL), DeMarqus Payne (RB/DB), DeMarrius Payne (RB/DB), Michael Barrett (OL/LB), Chad Neal (WR/DB), Matt Parker (WR/DB)

David Lipscomb RETURNING Players to Look For: Cameron Hunt (OL/DL) , Zack Rogers (WR/DB), Kevin Davis (RB/DB), Jeremy Holt (RB/DB), Mitchell Tenpenny (TE/DL), Evan Webb (TE/LB)

White House Players ON THE HOT SEAT: Trox Greenwade (QB) & Bryan Dixon (TB)

David Lipscomb Players ON THE HOT SEAT: Caleb Simpson (QB) & Russ Moneypenny (FB)

For White House Greenwade is the favorite heading into these scrimmages to win the starting job as the team's signal caller. He must follow in the footsteps of some guys who did a good job while taking the snaps in "BDP Country". Dustin Townsend was criticized throughout his playing days at WH but he was a winner. The guy won three playoff games in two years as the starter on some offensive football teams that were far from great in terms of receiving weapons. Dixon is said to have the capabilities of being the "next Ricky Ladd" type of running back to come through the school. That remains to be seen as of today but a good performance against a well coached defensive unit such as Lipscomb's would stir that talk up even more.

For David Lipscomb it's simple. Simpson played a lot last year while Hunt was on the shelf but in the end it was Hunt who took the team to the Blue Cross Bowl. In fact David Lipscomb has had three straight quarterbacks take them to the Boro (Hunt, Clay Smith, & Burton Elrod). Can Simpson follow that group's success???? Speaking of the name "Elrod" the next one was Matt Elrod. For the last three years now Matt Elrod has been a main cog in the DL running game. Everyone who knows football and has seen DL play knows that the Mustangs love to run the trap to their fullback, the belly to their fullback, and the spring draw to their fullback. Moneypenny played well in spurts last year but now the question is can he do it as the full time starter now that Elrod has FINALLY graduated.

THESE 2 TEAMS ARE 2 OF THE FAVORITES IN ALL OF CLASS 3A & ALONG WITH PEARL COHN ARE THE MIDSTATE'S TOP HOPES TO WIN THE CLASS 3A BLUE CROSS BOWL IN 2007. LOTS OF QUESTIONS WILL BE ON THE RISE FOLLOWING THIS ONE BUT AS FOR MY QUESTIONS I HOPE THAT SOME OF THEM DO GET SOLVED TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! COACH MCADAMS & COACH PORTER RUN TWO OF THE CLASSIEST PROGRAMS IN THE ENTIRE STATE AND THAT'S WHY BOTH OF THESE TEAMS ARE ALWAYS IN THE HUNT. 2007 SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

I hope people will not put too much stock in this scrimmage. Remember there is no scouting reports and at least no game plan on the David Lipscomb side. No halftime adjustments will be made. This will be an avenue for the Lipscomb Coaches (I cant comment on the White House staff's approach) to work on some plays and to continue to work people into positions. Should be a good enviroment tonight under the lights. Gregs Diner and Smokehouse (The concession stand) will be open. Tonights Special: Rhonda Lehmer's Hawaiian Rib-Eye, garden salad, Bake Potato, drink and dessert is only $3.95. Just go up to the Window and say I want "Rhonda's Blue Plate Special"

This evening is about two POTENTIALLY great football teams giving one another a good test in preparation for the upcoming season.

White House will play their base 50 while Lipscomb will play their base 3-3 Stack defensively I am sure. Neither team should give too much away as they could wind up playing again in Murfreesboro in December. Offensively expect White House to line up and run the power and expect Lipscomb to run the trap. Both teams will keep it simple on this side of the football as well.

This evening is about two POTENTIALLY great football teams giving one another a good test in preparation for the upcoming season.

White House will play their base 50 while Lipscomb will play their base 3-3 Stack defensively I am sure. Neither team should give too much away as they could wind up playing again in Murfreesboro in December. Offensively expect White House to line up and run the power and expect Lipscomb to run the trap. Both teams will keep it simple on this side of the football as well.

Big Country.

If you attend, and you have the time, a little information sharing with those who might be interested east of the plateau would be greatly appreciated. Hunt/Gaines matchup? A. Rogers blocking? Tenpenny playing the run? Holt/Moneypenny play? Thanks in advance if you can help.

ruse?

Big Country.

If you attend, and you have the time, a little information sharing with those who might be interested east of the plateau would be greatly appreciated. Hunt/Gaines matchup? A. Rogers blocking? Tenpenny playing the run? Holt/Moneypenny play? Thanks in advance if you can help.

ruse?

I will be at the Cheatham Co.-Waverly Central scrimmage tonight ruse?. I'll get an update from vandy1 as far as this thing goes. It should be quite interesting to say the least.

wh 26 dl 14 after 3 quarters

They only played 3 qtrs. Zach Duty was very impressive for WH at TE. Aussie Light threw the ball well with the exception of a couple picks, but he is young and will learn. Parker is a big time player for WH. WH offensive line is huge. Rogers for Lipscomb didnt play (concussion) . Im sure he wouldve made a difference, and the tailback for Lipscomb (jeremy) is a super back. WH has to have one of the best recieving corps in the state. Also Dixon ran the ball well for WH with the exception of the fumble. WH is very young , but they are 2-3 deep at every position and very , very talented.

After 3 Quarters??? How many quarters did the starters play and what was the final during that span???? I didn't know but Lipscomb scrimmaged Beech on Tuesday this week and according to the website on The Mustang Fan Page I would have to say that the Beech Buccaneers are going to be a force in 2007.

The running back for DL is JEREMY HOLT. Other backs include Russ Moneypenny & Kevin Davis. Sad to see that Rogers was unable to go in this one.

Did both teams keep it fairly simple in this one as I expected???? Could this be a matchup that we see down the line?????

After 3 Quarters??? How many quarters did the starters play and what was the final during that span???? I didn't know but Lipscomb scrimmaged Beech on Tuesday this week and according to the website on The Mustang Fan Page I would have to say that the Beech Buccaneers are going to be a force in 2007.

The running back for DL is JEREMY HOLT. Other backs include Russ Moneypenny & Kevin Davis. Sad to see that Rogers was unable to go in this one.

Did both teams keep it fairly simple in this one as I expected???? Could this be a matchup that we see down the line?????

White House looked the better of the teams tonight. A very effective passing game and big plays with the draw. Lipscomb on the other hand was very limited on the offensive side. No Zach Rogers, No Russ Moneypenny, No Kevin Davis, No Cameron Hunt and Chris Loftis was hurt on the second series. Dropped passes and bad exchanges in the backfield hampered the Mustangs. White House's kicking game seemed to be very suspect. Both staffs definitely saw things that need to be worked on this coming week.

White House looked the better of the teams tonight. A very effective passing game and big plays with the draw. Lipscomb on the other hand was very limited on the offensive side. No Zach Rogers, No Russ Moneypenny, No Kevin Davis, No Cameron Hunt and Chris Loftis was hurt on the second series. Dropped passes and bad exchanges in the backfield hampered the Mustangs. White House's kicking game seemed to be very suspect. Both staffs definitely saw things that need to be worked on this coming week.

No wonder Holt seemed impressive. He was obviously the lone major offensive weapon that played for DL last night that the Mustangs will truly rely on for "big things" in 2007. Cameron Hunt being gone was huge too. That meant that DL played NO RETURNING STARTERS up front from last year's team on their offensive line.

I was at the game last night. They played 3 qtrs. WH won 26-14. The kicking started off a little shaky for WH but picked up at the end. This could end up being a problem down the road but everyone should reserve judgement until the kid has had a couple games of experience.

WH also had some key players out of action. Demarrius Payne (WR/RB/CB/ST), Chad Neal (WR/FS/ST), and Michael Barrett are a couple off hand. All 3 are going to be key contributors to this team. I was impressed with Thomas Aldridge and Chase Neal's performance filling in for Demarrius Payne and Chad Neal. WH is a VERY deep team this year.

Bryan Dixon had a great game except for his fumble. It was a great start to his season. I would say he had nearly 100 yds rushing if not more. He also scored 2 td's. Demarques Payne scored the other 2 td's during the 3 qtrs that the starters played. Both RB's looked good for the 1st scrimmage.

Aussie Light took all the snaps at QB. He was also impressive considering this was his first real varsity action. He threw a good ball and made good decisions for the most part. He did throw 2 interceptions but other than that he looked very good. He made 2 good deep throws. 1 to Matt Parker for a 40+ yd gain & the other a 35yd td to Chase Neal at the end. The WR's and Duty the TE all looked pretty good. There were a couple of drops but for the most part they caught everything that came their way. Matt Parker had a GREAT game. He was catching swing passes out of the backfield and making impressives catches on some deep throws. Parker also looked good from his SS position.

I was surprised that Trox Greenwade didn't take any snaps at QB. I had heard from some players that he was looking like the starting QB this season. Maybe the coaches are going to give the DL game to Aussie and Smith Co. to Trox. I guess that is the most fair way to determine the starter. Either way I was pleasantly surprised with Aussie's performance and hope he can keep it up. I also hope Trox gets his shot in a scrimmage. From everything I've heard he deserves it.

Another surprise to me was Rogers Gaines playing both ways. The coaches had to make him switch over to the O line. I didn't expect him to play some snaps at DT too. If he can play with some fire and intensity he could help take WH to the highest level this year. I thought he did OK for his 1st game of the preseason. He got beat a couple times but he looked decent. I hope he keeps working hard to get better. Gaines really is a good guy and I hope he can put it all together this year for both the team and himself.

All in all I thought the coaches and players were well prepared and it showed. WH definitely looked like the better team but I know it's early. I'm a huge WH supporter and have loved ones and friends playing key roles on this team. I am also a straight shooter and will not come on here saying WH is the best team in the whole state and will beat any opponents by 100 points. I hope this was insightful info. I plan on attending all the scrimmages and games this year and I will give an objective review of each.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!