Temple

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same question as blueand gold...just how did South Pittsburg win? No games were forfeited to SP and the title was vacated not given to SP? What does SP have to do with Temple's getting caught breaking rules? How about if Temple just admits they broke the rules and quits blaming everyone else.

I answered blue and gold earlier. I think it's time you and I just agree to disagree, it's clear neither of us are going to budge. And I think Temple needs to conceed the last word to Hargis and go back to educating kids and playing ballgames.

Oh yeah, and nothing personal, but I hope ya'll lose tonight. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

IMO their TSSAA fate would have been the same, but their side of the story might have been presented more thoroghly and in a better light.

"No comment" reads pretty much the same under anybody's byline.

It wouldn't have changed a thing. Hargis is a professional and did his job, as any reporter would have.

Shooting the messenger isn't going to change anything

just curious... how could it have been reported in a better light?

A reporter who doesn't have a kid attending a rival school reporting the story would have eliminated any question of bias or conflict of interest. Hargis could be seen as using the paper as his personal bully pulpit. There is a difference between reporting (an article) and writing opinion (an editorial).

Temple only has themselves to blame for the position they are in. Time to take the lashes and get back to football. You can't claim the moral high ground after you've been caught. Temple should write a nice letter to the sports department admitting they broke some TSSAA rules, say they're going to be extremely careful in the future to obey all rules, and they appreciate the paper holding them accountable. Any chance that will happen? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A reporter who doesn't have a kid attending a rival school reporting the story would have eliminated any question of bias or conflict of interest. Hargis could be seen as using the paper as his personal bully pulpit. There is a difference between reporting (an article) and writing opinion (an editorial).

Temple only has themselves to blame for the position they are in. Time to take the lashes and get back to football. You can't claim the moral high ground after you've been caught. Temple should write a nice letter to the sports department admitting they broke some TSSAA rules, say they're going to be extremely careful in the future to obey all rules, and they appreciate the paper holding them accountable. Any chance that will happen? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks for chiming in Mag. F. I was taking em all on by myself for a little while. I bet you and I have crossed paths in the TTA hallways by the way.

Thanks for chiming in Mag. F. I was taking em all on by myself for a little while. I bet you and I have crossed paths in the TTA hallways by the way.

Probably...I've only given hints on this board, but with a little digging and a little smarts a Temple person could probably identify me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm a realist, as I think you are too. We know Temple is not perfect, and we want our leadership to do what is right. When wrong, correct it. Make it right. Playing by the rules is the christian thing to do. Admitting when you are wrong and paying the penality is also the christian thing to do.

Even non-christians know this. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />