Temple

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple's lawyers probably advised them not to comment until the matter was settled, which we all know is not uncommon. You're telling me to reject the words of people I've known for over 30 years to have utmost integrity, in favor of a newspaper reporter I've never met who is buddies with a bunch of people that hate Temple? Can't do it ZP.

So you are saying that Temple lawyers told them not to say anything (which I understand) but now they and you are complaining because the articles did not tell Temple's side of the story. Think about what you just said. You can't have it both ways

Just be open minded....following blindly like that sounds like something out of a Jim Jones movie. I just suggested calling and talking to Stephen...tell me what would that possibly hurt?

So you are saying that Temple lawyers told them not to say anything (which I understand) but now they and you are complaining because the articles did not tell Temple's side of the story. Think about what you just said. You can't have it both ways

Just be open minded....following blindly like that sounds like something out of a Jim Jones movie. I just suggested calling and talking to Stephen...tell me what would that possibly hurt?

I don't remember anyone complaining that Temple's side wasn't reported before the case was closed. Temple is complaining that they aren't given an opportunity to give their side now.

I have written on here repeatedly that I think Temple made several mistakes and that punishment was deserved. But until proven otherwise, I continue to believe they're honest, good people.

I'll think about calling Hargis, but up until hearing the prospect of his writing a story in defense of himself, I really haven't had a problem with him. But I don't see a conversation with him being any different than messaging with you.

For one, not complaining it was too harsh when some expected far more. A two-year playoff ban is a joke.

It would be considered harsh on a team that was a playoff contender. Luckily for Temple a playoff ban doesn't hurt them this year. Apparently though that's the punishment that was called for, and that's what they got.

My problem with their response on the forum is that they didn't seem to understand the importance of certain rules. The pastor, for instance, acted like it shouldn't have been a big deal that an eighth grader took a few snaps in a game even though his tuition wasn't paid up. Yes, that does seem like a silly little thing, but the rule is there for a reason and it's got to be followed. I don't think their attitude was smug though, just a little careless. But I understand everyone's got their own perception.

As far as the playoff portion, a ban the first two years they finish in the top four of their region no matter how long it takes could have been the ruling.

But that's not what the bylaws call for. A rich speeder isn't given a greater fine than a poor speeder just so that he'll be sure to feel the punishment just as much.