Varsity Letter

johnandjimmy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

what are the requirements that a player has to meet in order to earn a varisty letter in football?

HAaaa! In Lenoir City, if you were on the team last year, even no playing time, you earned a letter. This really upset off some of the older players that had to earn them the year before that!! It was a pitiful disgrace. I don't care that the team was short 5 starters and they had to pull so many other under classmen up. Not everyone deserved those letters!!!!!

thats horrible, a letter is motivation for younger players to get to play and rewarding older players for their efforts, giving a letter to everybody makes as much sense as not keeping score!!!!

That is what is one thing that is wrong with this world, everything has to be fair. If everyone gets one, what is the reward?

What if a player is never good enough to play but busts his butt in practice every day? Does he not deserve to have a football patch on his letter jacket?

jandj

Do you know the requirements at WB????? I have a vested interest..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Could change a Christmas list, but I don't think I'll have to worry this year.... If any other WB fans have any info feel free to enlighten me/us....

GO GOVS

What if a player is never good enough to play but busts his butt in practice every day? Does he not deserve to have a football patch on his letter jacket?

Very good point. These days where teams have 80 kids on the sidelines, playing time can be hard to come by. Many teams even at the 4 & 5A levels play some kids both ways. I think if a kid busts his butt in practace and does everything asked of him while on the team, he should recieve a letter once he is a soph. Is he any less deserving than a gifted or connected player?

Very good point. These days where teams have 80 kids on the sidelines, playing time can be hard to come by. Many teams even at the 4 & 5A levels play some kids both ways. I think if a kid busts his butt in practace and does everything asked of him while on the team, he should recieve a letter once he is a soph. Is he any less deserving than a gifted or connected player?

Everything doesn't have to be equal. If everyone gets a letter than what is the reward in it. It would be pointless. i think maybe if a kid plays all 4 years and did not earn a letter they should get one.

Every kid get a letter? That is ridiculous. Letters should be earned not awarded. Maybe, just maybe, if a kid was on the team 3 years he could be given a letter after the completion of his senior year. If a kid couldn't play in 16 quarters in 3 years he really doesn't deserve a letter, he should have been in the band or chess club, or debate team. HE'S NOT A FOOTBALL PLAYER. This PC stuff really gets me going. How are the players that earned the letter going to feel about little Johnny, who was just there for comedic purposes during practice. If little Johnny couldn't at least make the kick-off, or kick return team in his 3 years then he doesn't have the ability to play football at a level deserving of a letter. It demeans the whole purpose of the letterman jacket.