Scores

VolunteerGeneral

I too was there and I thought it was a great match. Your stat of 14 -5 shots in favor of OR comes from the OR website. While OR did have more quality looks than Greeneville , the 14-5 shot stat is inflated - in my opinion.

Greeneville is still looking for the right combination of players. Greeneville has played 8 matches with 8 different starting line-ups I believe.

Greeneville did a nice job with Trenna up until her goal. Hopefully, these 2 teams will meet up again in sub state (hopefully at Greeneville of course).

I too believe the shot totals inflated. I simply thought Greeneville controlled the game in the 2nd half as they played with more energy. I also thought they did an excellent job on #11 (Howell I believe). Greeneville effectively shut her down for most of the game except the breakaway. I doubt Oak Ridge makes it to sub-state. Farragut and Bearden will come out of that region.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the others. Notre Dame played both last weekend. While we tied Hendersonville and beat Brentwood 2-0, I felt Brentwood was the better team. Hendersonville played a very physical play that resulted in a bunch of fouls. Maybe that bit them this time, or perhaps a key player or two was out. Bottom line, while both are strong teams, I was also surprised with the lopsided score.

The score does indicate how the game went. But more than anything it was probably related to Brentwood getting on a roll. Everyone has seen how the flow of a game takes over sometimes. Brentwood was up 2-0 in the first 10 min. and got a lot of energy from it, Hendersonville got down from it. Nothing seemed to go right for Hendersonville, everything seemed to go right for Brentwood. Past results and knowing some of the Hendersonville players indicate that Hendersonville is not that bad, just had that bad of a night. They'll bounce back. Historically, Hendersonville has started slow and come on striong at the end, when it really matters.

Regarding the Notre Dame game, not to take anything away from an excellent Notre Dame team, but you did not see anything close to the best that Brentwood has to offer.

The score does indicate how the game went. But more than anything it was probably related to Brentwood getting on a roll. Everyone has seen how the flow of a game takes over sometimes. Brentwood was up 2-0 in the first 10 min. and got a lot of energy from it, Hendersonville got down from it. Nothing seemed to go right for Hendersonville, everything seemed to go right for Brentwood. Past results and knowing some of the Hendersonville players indicate that Hendersonville is not that bad, just had that bad of a night. They'll bounce back. Historically, Hendersonville has started slow and come on striong at the end, when it really matters.

Regarding the Notre Dame game, not to take anything away from an excellent Notre Dame team, but you did not see anything close to the best that Brentwood has to offer.

Brentwood has a very good team and we (Notre Dame) feel very fortunate to have come away with a win. A bounce here or there and the score could have been reversed.

Best of luck the rest of the year

Franklin vs. Brentwood score update: game played on teusday 9/11.

Franklin 2 vs. Brentwood 1

Other West TN scores.

USJ 4, TCA 0

Goals: U - Katie Hayes 3, Shelby Jordan. Assists: U - Katie Hamilton, Kelsie Sharp. Saves: U - Elizabeth Crowder 0, Keely McMahon 0. T - Rachel Vaughn 19. Records: U 9-0, T 3-3. Next: USJ hosts Adamsville on Tuesday at 6 p.m. TCA plays at McNairy Central on Tuesday at 5 p.m.

JCS 5, Westview 1

Goals: Shelley Carter, Dorothy Harvey, Brittny Johnson 2, Sara Johnson; W - Melissa Johnson. Assists: J - Carter, Jacqueline Curry, Harvey, B. Johnson. Saves: J - Kristin Cook 3, Shelby Towater 5; W - Macy Vinson 10. Records: J 3-2-1; W 3-4. Up Next: JCS hosts McNairy on Thursday at 5 p.m.

McNairy Central 4, Crockett County 1

Goals: MC - River Campbell 2, Jalissa Stackens, Brianna Holt; CC - Alesia Fisher. Assists: MC - Roshanda Turner, Stackens; CC - Tasha Blankenship. Saves: MC - Autumn King 3; CC - Shawna Weed 17. Records: MC 3-1-1; CC 4-2-1. Up Next: Crockett County plays at home against Chester County Monday at 5 p.m.

Remember when I said "you can't trust Pre-Extra stats...as they are sometimes wrong"? Can someone tell me if the score of the Maryville-Bearden game is correct or incorrect?

PE has the score 6-0 in favor of Maryville.

Oak Ridge 4

Powell 0

Karns vs. Webb rescheduled for today, 5:30 at Karns.

6-0 in favor of Maryville. That would be a big upset. I think it is probably incorrect. If it's not, well done Maryville on a huge win.