Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan 2 at Ensworth 2

Tale of two different halves. FR owns the first half, up 2-0 at half. Rymer and Kegg are hard to handle (hoped I spelled their names correct). Good team spead. EHS works hard the second half and socres the game tying goal with about 3 minutes left. Ensworth could have had a couple more with 3 very close (within 5-6 yards) shots from Emily Perkins, that she normally makes, but missed . . . and another rocket by Bowers off the cross bar. But, then, FR could have had another score or two themselves.

Siegel 6 at Ensworth 1

Yikes! But . . . lest you think the game was not competitive . . . let me say the following: After giving up two quick goals in the first 2 1/2 minutes, over the next 25 minutes Ensworth could well have scored 4 or 5 . . . so good were their chances.

However, I do not want to diminish a sound beating handed out by Siegel. It just seemed that they scored on every opportunity, and EHS couldn't convert . . . headers off the keeper's finger tips, hitting the posts, the usual stuff we've all seen. But Siegel was relentless and just kept coming with speed and neat "give and goes". A good team, better than their record indicates. And the game was closer than the score, but we've all heard that before, haven't we?

Siegel 6 at Ensworth 1

Yikes! But . . . lest you think the game was not competitive . . . let me say the following: After giving up two quick goals in the first 2 1/2 minutes, over the next 25 minutes Ensworth could well have scored 4 or 5 . . . so good were their chances.

However, I do not want to diminish a sound beating handed out by Siegel. It just seemed that they scored on every opportunity, and EHS couldn't convert . . . headers off the keeper's finger tips, hitting the posts, the usual stuff we've all seen. But Siegel was relentless and just kept coming with speed and neat "give and goes". A good team, better than their record indicates. And the game was closer than the score, but we've all heard that before, haven't we?

Wow... I was really surprised to see that score. I believe Ensworth is better than that score indicated... but we have all had off nights. Congrats to Siegel!