Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenoir City 2

Knox Central 1

Lenoir City player, not the goalkeeper, used hands to stop Central goal. LC player got red card, Central missed PK and Central Head Coach had to help calm down LC player because she was so upset she has to miss the next two games due to red...plus go to principles office to explain dismissal from the game. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Not a TN girls soccer score, but USA women just lost 0-4 to Brazil in World Cup. No USA winner this year....

That's not a loss.... that is a whoopin.

I find that suprising. When we went to Brazil this summer, the boys were amazing, but there isn't a lot of development on the girls side.

That's not a loss.... that is a whoopin.

I find that suprising. When we went to Brazil this summer, the boys were amazing, but there isn't a lot of development on the girls side.

Not a lot of development on the women's side, but what's there is amazing. The girls, like the boys, play with a lot of flair. The overall athleticism of the Brazilian people is very high, and futbol is imbedded in their genetic makeup. We, unfortunately, tend to promote robotic play with our (overly?) structured system. It's like the difference between Spanish basketball and U.S. basketball--our kids learn it on the streets and pickup games and the Spanish learn it in leagues.

After that, there will be a lot of scrutiny on this coaching staff. Changing GK for this game was a poor decision because it disrupted the team's concentration, among other things. Also, the coaches had these fine atheletes for two years of practices and they could not possess the ball to save their lives. All they did was kick away possession. I know they play a style of pushing the ball quickly to the forwards, but there's a difference between calculated kicks and blind panic. Too often we appeared to favor blind panic.

Overall, a very dissappointing result for US soccer fans. Perhaps this whole thing deserves its own thread so Coach T readers and posters can vent.

Not a lot of development on the women's side, but what's there is amazing. The girls, like the boys, play with a lot of flair. The overall athleticism of the Brazilian people is very high, and futbol is imbedded in their genetic makeup. We, unfortunately, tend to promote robotic play with our (overly?) structured system. It's like the difference between Spanish basketball and U.S. basketball--our kids learn it on the streets and pickup games and the Spanish learn it in leagues.

After that, there will be a lot of scrutiny on this coaching staff. Changing GK for this game was a poor decision because it disrupted the team's concentration, among other things. Also, the coaches had these fine atheletes for two years of practices and they could not possess the ball to save their lives. All they did was kick away possession. I know they play a style of pushing the ball quickly to the forwards, but there's a difference between calculated kicks and blind panic. Too often we appeared to favor blind panic.

Overall, a very dissappointing result for US soccer fans. Perhaps this whole thing deserves its own thread so Coach T readers and posters can vent.

Note to Greg Ryan, United States Womens Coach...You don't fix what isn't broken!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Note to Greg Ryan, United States Womens Coach...You don't fix what isn't broken!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

blame shannon box for red card and playing down a man(woman) the 2nd half

Match Stats

United States Brazil

Shots (on Goal) 7(3) 18(7)

Fouls 11 11

Corner Kicks 2 4

Offsides 0 0

Time of Possession 37% 63%

Yellow Cards 3 2

Red Cards 1 0

Saves 7 3

i don't think the goalie change had anything to do with the US just plain got there butts kicks

Having seen the play: the call against Shannon Box was one of the worst ever. The call was away from the ball and the Brazilian ran right up Shannon Box's back. Shannon had her back to her running. After the player ran up her back they both went to the ground and the ref pulled the 2nd yellow, which was in stoppage time of the 1st half. By all rights the USA should have gotten the call and the free kick.

Having said all of that it is a perfect illustration of why to tell kids that even though you get 2 yellows in a game, don't give up a cheap one. Cause you never know when you might get a bad call and end up sent off hurting your team.

Not to forget either the score was 2-0 at that time. Brazil dominated the game. The first goal was an own goal with a horrible decision from the USA defender to try and dive at a low (18-24" off the ground) corner kick facing her own goal and try to head it out. Scurrey could do nothing. Matter of fact she was standing behind the defender and would likely have easily caught it. 2nd Goal she may should have had, but it was on the ground into the lower corner of the net, not easy.

I left for work at the half so no comment on the 2nd.

Having seen the play: the call against Shannon Box was one of the worst ever. The call was away from the ball and the Brazilian ran right up Shannon Box's back. Shannon had her back to her running. After the player ran up her back they both went to the ground and the ref pulled the 2nd yellow, which was in stoppage time of the 1st half. By all rights the USA should have gotten the call and the free kick.

Having said all of that it is a perfect illustration of why to tell kids that even though you get 2 yellows in a game, don't give up a cheap one. Cause you never know when you might get a bad call and end up sent off hurting your team.

Not to forget either the score was 2-0 at that time. Brazil dominated the game. The first goal was an own goal with a horrible decision from the USA defender to try and dive at a low (18-24" off the ground) corner kick facing her own goal and try to head it out. Scurrey could do nothing. Matter of fact she was standing behind the defender and would likely have easily caught it. 2nd Goal she may should have had, but it was on the ground into the lower corner of the net, not easy.

I left for work at the half so no comment on the 2nd.

i didn't see it this mourning but i saw the highlights

#11 actually trips into the back of shannon box but unless she said something to #11 she shouldn't have been ejected

they can protest the red but just like i said if they had words i understand the card and if they didn't exchange words the should be repealed