DB Christian at Sunbright; What to expect?

TrophyHunter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will win this game?

Been doing my homework about Sunbright. They beat some teams last year that DBCS "should" have beat, but did not. However, Sunbright lost some key players from last year. DB lost 1.

Difference in this year and last? This time last year, DB had been practicing 5-6 weeks (new coach coming on scene after dead period), with mostly basketball athletes that had not played football in two years. This year? Spring practice - Yes, Summer workouts - Yes, Knowledge of new coach expectations and plays - Yes. Not so last year. So, can you compare last year to this year? Not even close and not even a fair expectation.

However, when it's all said and done, confidence plays a large part in a high school athlete's mindset, especially when it comes to winning/losing. The Jamboree against Temple was a big confidence builder for the athletes. It was something they had never experienced since middle school basketball 4 years ago! So, I believe the confidence is there, but the "big" question is "Do they KNOW how to win and EXPECT to win?". Another looming question that will only be answered as the season progresses.

My prediction? DB-24 Sunbright-12

Who will win this game?

What I saw from Sunbrite at Scott last week they will have trouble against any speed team. I would bet DBC has speed. McCreary hammered Sunbrite. I thought the Tigers would look better. They are simple on offense and have no defense. DBC 35-12.

Been doing my homework about Sunbright. They beat some teams last year that DBCS "should" have beat, but did not. However, Sunbright lost some key players from last year. DB lost 1.

Difference in this year and last? This time last year, DB had been practicing 5-6 weeks (new coach coming on scene after dead period), with mostly basketball athletes that had not played football in two years. This year? Spring practice - Yes, Summer workouts - Yes, Knowledge of new coach expectations and plays - Yes. Not so last year. So, can you compare last year to this year? Not even close and not even a fair expectation.

However, when it's all said and done, confidence plays a large part in a high school athlete's mindset, especially when it comes to winning/losing. The Jamboree against Temple was a big confidence builder for the athletes. It was something they had never experienced since middle school basketball 4 years ago! So, I believe the confidence is there, but the "big" question is "Do they KNOW how to win and EXPECT to win?". Another looming question that will only be answered as the season progresses.

My prediction? DB-24 Sunbright-12

Good call..Glad they won they deserve it...

Good call..Glad they won they deserve it...

Definitely a character builder for DB. Remember the game in the movie "Remember The Titans", when the Hall of Fame guys attempted to get the refs to fix the game? The first half reminded me of that situation. It was beyond belief. I had nothing but tremendous respect for the Sunbight fans after that game, but the refs were another story. Two touchdowns called back (interception and pass play).

Last year, DB would have folded and given up. Was definitely impressed with comeback win in extremely difficult situation.

By the way, prediction on DB's record this year is 6-4.

Definitely a character builder for DB. Remember the game in the movie "Remember The Titans", when the Hall of Fame guys attempted to get the refs to fix the game? The first half reminded me of that situation. It was beyond belief. I had nothing but tremendous respect for the Sunbight fans after that game, but the refs were another story. Two touchdowns called back (interception and pass play).

Last year, DB would have folded and given up. Was definitely impressed with comeback win in extremely difficult situation.

By the way, prediction on DB's record this year is 6-4.

So did ya'll win or lose?