Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1stSgt Henry is currently serving with Communications Company, 2nd Marine Logistics Group Fwd and is the son of Herman and Elaine Henry of Riddleton. He is married to Renee Henry and they have two children Kristian 10, and Jonathan 8.

John Henry a 1st Sgt!!!! What's my Marine Corps coming to!? John and I played football together at SCHS and I ran across him several years ago at the rifle range at Camp Lejeune.

About the game. How 'bout that O Line?! FREAKIN' BEASTS! If we can cut out the turnovers we'll be lighting up the scoreboard. Our staff will fix that problem. Way to go OWLS!

I will say that I am totally shocked at SC's defense. Does anyone know how many snaps that Gordonsville took inside of SC's 10 yard line. I might be wrong, but I am counting 18 snaps. Just incredible defensive showing! And the most surprising thing is, A LOT of those guys tonight were playing in only their second game of their high school careers.

Gordonsville does have a good team, very good. It is just amazing how much better SC's offensive and defensive lines really were.

I just think about how bad it really could have been. Davenport was behind the safety on the first play of SC's first possession for a touchdown but was overthrown. Davenport caught a pass and ran it down inside Gville's five and fumbled. Davenport fumbled again on about the Gville's 25 yard line going in. West muffed a punt and gave Gville great field position on SC's 35. Rich fumbled and gave them even better field position on SC's 7 yard line. And I know I have mentioned his name alot, lol, Davenport made a great interception (Gville's only turnover) and was a shoe string away from returning it 101 yards for a touch.

Tiger fans, you all will regroup and make a run, I believe that.

I will say that I am totally shocked at SC's defense. Does anyone know how many snaps that Gordonsville took inside of SC's 10 yard line. I might be wrong, but I am counting 18 snaps. Just incredible defensive showing! And the most surprising thing is, A LOT of those guys tonight were playing in only their second game of their high school careers.

Gordonsville does have a good team, very good. It is just amazing how much better SC's offensive and defensive lines really were.

I just think about how bad it really could have been. Davenport was behind the safety on the first play of SC's first possession for a touchdown but was overthrown. Davenport caught a pass and ran it down inside Gville's five and fumbled. Davenport fumbled again on about the Gville's 25 yard line going in. West muffed a punt and gave Gville great field position on SC's 35. Rich fumbled and gave them even better field position on SC's 7 yard line. And I know I have mentioned his name alot, lol, Davenport made a great interception (Gville's only turnover) and was a shoe string away from returning it 101 yards for a touch.

Tiger fans, you all will regroup and make a run, I believe that.

I think it was 18 snaps inside the 15 yard line. I really like the aggressiveness of the defense. They will flat hit you.

I think it was 18 snaps inside the 15 yard line. I really like the aggressiveness of the defense. They will flat hit you.

....and we still had fans sitting on their butts when our defense was stuffing G-ville. I thought that was pathetic. Sorry I'm so blunt but these kids were busting their tails on the field all night and I think the fans could've been much louder.