Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

My guess would be volleyball, softball and baseball are the sports being carried, or a least they are called the non revenue sports by the school. The cheerleaders pay their own way with fund raisers or their parents and the band has a booster club. Football brings in the most and gets the least, basketball has one carwash to raise money to pay for uniforms, shoes, bags, camp, campwear etc.... Maybe the parents from each sport should have a carwash it works for basketball.....

I hate that my first post is negative but so be it. I've read Coach T for years and I love ALL TIGER SPORTS but can this topic of how bad our booster club/administration won't let us have a QB Club end on here. Write a letter to the editor of the paper or voice your concerns as a group not as one person and maybe things might change. Or, if you're that unhappy with how things are run over here then I would suggest moving. Don't mean to sound so blunt but I thought this board was to discuss games not whin or run down your school.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that my first post is negative but so be it. I've read Coach T for years and I love ALL TIGER SPORTS but can this topic of how bad our booster club/administration won't let us have a QB Club end on here. Write a letter to the editor of the paper or voice your concerns as a group not as one person and maybe things might change. Or, if you're that unhappy with how things are run over here then I would suggest moving. Don't mean to sound so blunt but I thought this board was to discuss games not whin or run down your school.

So, that means that you are in the administration at the school? It has to be something like that if you "have read Coach T for years and you love ALL TIGER SPORTS," and this is the first time that you have been intrigued to post anything.

one thing you all fail to realize is that football is a MUCH more expensive sport than basketball. With that said, the basketball and baseball programs have always gotten nicer stuff than us in the football program. But it has gotten better as of late, have any of you been in the OLD gordonsville locker room? it was a joke! The lockers made out of old wood were falling apart because they were the same lockers used in the freaking 1960's. I don;t know why the program isn't supported more by the school, because it truly is the ONLY winning program Gordonsville has ever had. Many deep runs in the playoffs, region titles, a state title, a state runner up....can the basketball programs say that? NOT! As for the bball program having their own weight room? This is just hearsay, but if so, then that is BS! everyone knows basketball players only workout to SAY they workout, not to get the actual benefits of getting bigger and stronger.

Who said the booster club was bad...I said that they are doing everything they can to help the kids with limited support. If you love TIGERS SPORTS so much then you should also see the need to make sure our kids are getting the equipment they need and want to support them. I am neither whinning or runnng down my school....Your advice is to keep my mouth shut and wait until I have a group to go to the school or maybe the paper. Don't you think this has already been done, maybe you should read our posts again. I am not sure how many people read the Carthage Courier but almost 14,000 have read this thread. I think I will choose how to voice my concerns...You just keep on those rose colored glasses and move everytime you are unhappy with something. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut since my childs a SENIOR and things won't change before they leave anyways and then I won't have to move...

Since this was your first post here is an FYI: CoachT is a place where you can talk about all sport issues, but of course you know that because you have been reading it for years. Everyone that wants to make a difference in the world only do it as a group cause TMAC says one person can't....Sorry for being so BLUNT....

one thing you all fail to realize is that football is a MUCH more expensive sport than basketball. With that said, the basketball and baseball programs have always gotten nicer stuff than us in the football program. But it has gotten better as of late, have any of you been in the OLD gordonsville locker room? it was a joke! The lockers made out of old wood were falling apart because they were the same lockers used in the freaking 1960's. I don;t know why the program isn't supported more by the school, because it truly is the ONLY winning program Gordonsville has ever had. Many deep runs in the playoffs, region titles, a state title, a state runner up....can the basketball programs say that? NOT! As for the bball program having their own weight room? This is just hearsay, but if so, then that is BS! everyone knows basketball players only workout to SAY they workout, not to get the actual benefits of getting bigger and stronger.

It,s funny to me that you can call someone "retarded" and then act like you are the only one who knows football is expensive. I'm sure you are a funny guy but that comment you made to [tmac] was pointless. They were tring to help.