Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

One more thing since Scotty brought it up. Ya ll have a QB club. GV does not. Not because they are to lazy, or it wouldn't be supported..... (It is not permitted)...... It has been attempted many times...... Even this year..... The answer is NO!..... So before you condemn the fans of GV , do your homework. Its not exactly in their control. Maybe over there but not here. Walk in these shoes and you will see beyond what you condemn.

I dont imagine this has been made public before, but I could give a rats booty what they think of me for exposing it..... Maybe it will help.

First thing just because it says scotty77 it dosn't mean thats who is writing this, i tried to change my user name but can't seem to do it right. I am really sorry if it sounded like i was condemning you all, i really didn't mean to. I know for a fact how loyal GV fans are. I can't believe they don't have a QB club.I was just tring to say that every team gose through loses and they can pull them selfs out. Really sorry if I offended anyone. I didn't get on coach T to sling mud. Ido understand were you are coming from.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who won't permit it???? And why?? I would think the coaches would supprt it. All they have to do is point to SC and look at all the good things that have ben accomplished. A field house, a practice facility, and these are just the things people notice....they are numberous other things....all for the kids. The coaches (as I understand it) have very little input other than the Q-club ask them "What do you NEED" 1st, then 2nd "What do you WANT" . Anybody can be a member I think, and everybody has input.And I understand everything is voted on.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Since nobody else has brought it up. I would like to thank SCs QB club and its fans for the donations they collected for the Seagraves family. It is very appreciated by the family. Also I can speak for myself. I think it was a great effort and a very kind and caring thing to do. I know I get on here and cause a ruckus, but its all in good fun, and support for the kids over here.

Maybe time other GV fans should follow my lead and thank SC for there participation in this tragedy. The game is over. Time to address some more important issues folks.

YOU SOUND LIKE GOOD PEOPLE YOURSELF.

The resistance of a community support system is down right crazy to me. How could a leader feel threatened by the people of his own community if he trusts them and realizes that their best interest is at heart? If he has issues he should sit in on the meetings and make his case known. Don't just avoid a potentially great thing due to doubt or fear of the unknown or simply refusing to change.

Here??™s the scoop on the whole thing, sorry it took me so long:

We have all asked and been told NO on any additional parent ran clubs. No answer why just NO. Last week we had a father go to the school board to see if he could get around it or at least get a straight answer??¦ He was sent back to the school and given the answer ???I just can not allow it???. No other reason then that. Kind of makes you feel like a kid and your parents said because I said so??¦..

We do have a Booster Club with about maybe 15 people, they are having a big drive to try to get more members so maybe it will grow. But like most parents at the school what is the purpose when you really have no say. Everything has to be approved and they get a lot of NO??™S. Unlike most schools our Booster Club does not get any revenue from the gate, concessions, and programs or reserved seating that all goes into the Athletic Fund at the school. Non revenue sports teams can work the concession stand during one home game. The Athletic Fund covers the players of all sports when the coaches ask for things. It is an as needed bases kind of fund. We aren??™t really sure how much is in this fund and what a coach has to do to get their needs filled??¦.

Our Jr. High football team is still wearing uniforms & equipment that I am sure was passed down from the high school. The high school football team isn't much better. The parents pay for everything except the uniforms, by uniforms I mean pants, some of their pads, helmets and jerseys. They get one warm-up suit their freshman year and the parents have to pay for the rest of the years to replace unless they are lucky enough that their child doesn't grow over the next 4 years...

The band has a Band Booster which runs the concession on the visitor side??¦You know the building at the end of the fence by the score board. In return they have to pay for the electricity and upkeep of the building year round. The cheerleading parents raise the money or pay all of the girl??™s expenses to cover supplies, uniforms, warm-ups, gymnastics and all competitions they attend, etc??¦ The band and the cheerleaders also have to pay the school for the bus & driver to any away games during football season. During basketball season the cheerleaders can ride with the players if there is room FREE. If not the parents have to drive them or once again pay for a bus??¦.

I know this isn't really about the game but ya'll asked... That pretty much sums it up sorry if it was more info then you wanted but you got me started...lol....

I can't understand why he would not want the team to have more financial support. It would help the school and team.

I noticed were G'ville Jr. High was only playing 6 games this year when everyone else plays at least 8 games.

I was also told that the Jr. High team last year was invitied to a bowl game but was denied.

It is frustrating.................No QB Club, lack of interest in the Jr High, etc..............

I went to the Gordonsville Youth League game Saturday. They have better looking uniforms and equipment than does the high school ,let alone the Jr. High.

I noticed were G'ville Jr. High was only playing 6 games this year when everyone else plays at least 8 games.

I was also told that the Jr. High team last year was invitied to a bowl game but was denied.

It is frustrating.................No QB Club, lack of interest in the Jr High, etc..............

I went to the Gordonsville Youth League game Saturday. They have better looking uniforms and equipment than does the high school ,let alone the Jr. High.

I know how it fills. SC Jr. high is having problems winning lately.

As for LL you all are lucky ya'll have 4 teams 2 of which have a&b teams. SC has the jets a&b and a small charger team of only 22 kids. SC youth football tried to get in the same conference as GV youth last year but the league would not let us in for some reason. So we are left still having to drive up to 2 hours away to play LL football.We have scrimmaged GV LL before. They are well coached.

I also see that our LL uniforms are nicer than Jr. highs.

I know how it fills. SC Jr. high is having problems winning lately.

As for LL you all are lucky ya'll have 4 teams 2 of which have a&b teams. SC has the jets a&b and a small charger team of only 22 kids. SC youth football tried to get in the same conference as GV youth last year but the league would not let us in for some reason. So we are left still having to drive up to 2 hours away to play LL football.We have scrimmaged GV LL before. They are well coached.

I also see that our LL uniforms are nicer than Jr. highs.

I personally feel like our uniforms are more than adequate in both the youth league and middle school. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on that kind of thing at that level. I vividly remember not being able to wait to get in high school to get to use the "good" stuff. I guess I'm tryin to say that it served as a motivational tool.

Two words brother. Two words. Get involved. Get as many as you can involved with you. There is power in numbers. Thats been the problem all along. Not enough people involved. Its a lot harder to say no to a crowd than to one or two people. Have to show them you are involved and support the effort. It is obvious the school cant or wont furnish the team with the proper needs the kids deserve.

The football program is not the complete house, but it is the front porch.

Can someone in SC put me in touch with the QB club president??? Please. I have messenger here on coachT.