Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

If it weren't for the hard headed on both sides, consolidation might have happened. Now we are forced to play the hand we have been dealt. They have let the rivalry, I'll say 3 nights a year, come before the possible best interests of our youth. As athletics go, think what the combined talents of both teams might accomplish in 3A. It has been that way for awhile.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for the hard headed on both sides, consolidation might have happened. Now we are forced to play the hand we have been dealt. They have let the rivalry, I'll say 3 nights a year, come before the possible best interests of our youth. As athletics go, think what the combined talents of both teams might accomplish in 3A. It has been that way for awhile.

combined talents for 3A. Would combining not move you all up to at least 4A?

I can imagine with both teams combined it would be a powerhouse. First year out. I think a lot of it would be where would the other coaching staff and principal go? That may have been the politics used. Plus the cant get over the game votes. I think a kid stands a better chance at being looked at in a bigger school also. But hey, what you gonna do. No power without numbers. Give it ten years and see what happens as we expand in population. Its coming this way.

I am not sure. I did take a peek at the numbers and a combined enrollment would be 990. Knox Catholic is in 3A at 986. Sullivan Central is in 4A at 999. I guess it would fall right on the cutoff and may even have something to do with the geography. Needless to say it would be close. If you take into account the kids that would attend Southside Christian School ( ) it would fall easily into 3A.

949 is flirting with it though, lol, as you all know I am sure, they do a reclassification every four years. At that time they would take your total enrollment and you would play there for the next four years, regardless if you dropped below or not. So obviously, the cutoff from 3A to 4A might be 995 one year and 965 four years later, so you never know, and that is flirting with it, especially if the school plans on growing any.

Both schools should have been combined. The obvious reason, you think it would save money, running one school instead of two. I don't know, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. Of course, with all the remodeling that took place, it probably wouldn't make much sense at this point. In any case, any coach would be darn lucky to have that job. lol.

Let someone else field these questions. Like in football one player cant win a game without support of the team.

Trust me SC was pointed out for example.

To answer your questions Termite. The principal wont allow it. Why, is because he feels there is no need for it.

They other reason is obvious. The question has been asked and the challenge made to answer it. That's been 2 days. I guess that speaks for its self. Add afraid of retaliation to the list.

To answer your questions Termite. The principal wont allow it. Why, is because he feels there is no need for it.

They other reason is obvious. The question has been asked and the challenge made to answer it. That's been 2 days. I guess that speaks for its self. Add afraid of retaliation to the list.

No need for it? I also don't know the other obvious reason nor do I understand afraid of retaliation. You would think anyone would want a sgood, loyal support system. Maybe they don't want everyone to know what really goes on.

No need for it? I also don't know the other obvious reason nor do I understand afraid of retaliation. You would think anyone would want a sgood, loyal support system. Maybe they don't want everyone to know what really goes on.

Here??™s the scoop on the whole thing, sorry it took me so long:

We have all asked and been told NO on any additional parent ran clubs. No answer why just NO. Last week we had a father go to the school board to see if he could get around it or at least get a straight answer??¦ He was sent back to the school and given the answer ???I just can not allow it???. No other reason then that. Kind of makes you feel like a kid and your parents said because I said so??¦..

We do have a Booster Club with about maybe 15 people, they are having a big drive to try to get more members so maybe it will grow. But like most parents at the school what is the purpose when you really have no say. Everything has to be approved and they get a lot of NO??™S. Unlike most schools our Booster Club does not get any revenue from the gate, concessions, and programs or reserved seating that all goes into the Athletic Fund at the school. Non revenue sports teams can work the concession stand during one home game. The Athletic Fund covers the players of all sports when the coaches ask for things. It is an as needed bases kind of fund. We aren??™t really sure how much is in this fund and what a coach has to do to get their needs filled??¦.

Our Jr. High football team is still wearing uniforms & equipment that I am sure was passed down from the high school. The high school football team isn't much better. The parents pay for everything except the uniforms, by uniforms I mean pants, some of their pads, helmets and jerseys. They get one warm-up suit their freshman year and the parents have to pay for the rest of the years to replace unless they are lucky enough that their child doesn't grow over the next 4 years...

The band has a Band Booster which runs the concession on the visitor side??¦You know the building at the end of the fence by the score board. In return they have to pay for the electricity and upkeep of the building year round. The cheerleading parents raise the money or pay all of the girl??™s expenses to cover supplies, uniforms, warm-ups, gymnastics and all competitions they attend, etc??¦ The band and the cheerleaders also have to pay the school for the bus & driver to any away games during football season. During basketball season the cheerleaders can ride with the players if there is room FREE. If not the parents have to drive them or once again pay for a bus??¦.

I know this isn't really about the game but ya'll asked... That pretty much sums it up sorry if it was more info then you wanted but you got me started...lol....