Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

I'm not downing on G'ville, i remember last year how they were a 3 loss team and still gave FCS all they wanted. I just... i honestly expected it to be more of a fight..

Bounce FC off the owls and see how much fight they put up. Be patient you will find out just how good the Owls are. You can compare GV to them. Then you will understand.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich was much better than I had expected he'd be. Teams will have to try and stop him first.

He's good, but I really don't think it matters who you have in the backfield.

That line is good.

And with Tim Tebow, I mean Harville at QB. Ya'll can get 3-4 yards on a QB sneak.

Tim Tebow? Harville can throw the ball!

There is no doubt that SC's defense really shocked the Tigers early. They had been moving the ball and scoring at will on people all preseason. 2 safeties, back to back, speaks volumes. They did move the ball well for about a quarter, but when the field got short, only 2 pass interference calls on 4th and goal and an outstanding catch could save the Tigers.

There is no doubt that SC's defense really shocked the Tigers early. They had been moving the ball and scoring at will on people all preseason. 2 safeties, back to back, speaks volumes. They did move the ball well for about a quarter, but when the field got short, only 2 pass interference calls on 4th and goal and an outstanding catch could save the Tigers.

Bottom line, the Owls came out aggressive, and the Tigers didn't.

About the interference calls, I will say the refs called a good game.

Oh, FC, Gordonsville is gonna give you all you want. They have some players that will perform well the rest of the year. They are replacing more than they thought they were, especially on D. A few games to gel and they could be very good and quite possibly the best team in 1A. The Tigers, just like all teams at this stage, have things they will improve on and playing up in week 0 & 1 can only help them. You may not get as fortunate against them as you did last season.

I thought when I finally got home yall would still be on here crowing. Speaking of crow. Ill take mine with mustard and hot sauce. I have to admit SC had the better team tonight. They knew exactally where it was going. Good coaching. I guess with the plays GV runs in games it aint hard to tell. GV definately dint know what to do with the linebackers stunting. HMMMM. For the postman, dont feel sorry for me and my son. He has a lot more battles left. You have to learn a loss is just that. Move on and learn from it. He was very disapointed because it is his senior year. But hey he has to understand. Its a team sport. You cant do it all. I dont think anyone can say he didnt do his job. Its my job to support him 100% no matter what he is doing. I think I did my job also.

I think this helps prove SC is the Mecca of 2A football.

It was packed and you guys cant say your fans didnt support you this time. They did. I just hope they dont fall off later. After all if its so important to beat GV. Then why isnt it just as important to support the team in the remainder of the season? After all this is for bragging rites.

Good luck the rest of the season. Hope you guys take it 15-0. I dont think the road will be rough until the playoffs. Roll on Owls!

I'll have to agree about GV's offense being predictable.

It seemed like SC's Dline was shifting to where the ball was going every play.

That's what I like about SC's offense.

Many different formations equals less predictability.

Bounce FC off the owls and see how much fight they put up. Be patient you will find out just how good the Owls are. You can compare GV to them. Then you will understand.

Ezell, DCA, and East robertson. Sorry that coach Mac doesn't play SC and 4A teams but i see no reason to question him in the department of scheduling, he has done a good job of it.

Hard to be aggressive when you spend the first quarter getting handled. I don't think Gordonsville could be "aggressive" enough to beat the Owls. The Tigers played hard, just like they always do. Maybe, just maybe, the hype was just that.

Sure, the Owl coaches were prepared for almost everything that the Tigers could throw at them. They are much more than they are not. The statue of liberty play to whigham could noy have been played more perfectly.

Bottom line, the Owls came out aggressive, and the Tigers didn't.

About the interference calls, I will say the refs called a good game.

I was really impressed with the way we shut down the tiger running game. I thought it would be a struggle to contain Smith and Davis. I agree about the refs. They pretty much let the boys play ball tonight. Good luck to the Owls and Big Blue the rest of the year. I hope it's the only loss in the county this year.

I'll have to agree about GV's offense being predictable.

It seemed like SC's Dline was shifting to where the ball was going every play.

That's what I like about SC's offense.

Many different formations equals less predictability.

I would find the playbook and burn it. But them 5 plays are automatically burned into their minds. I have a feeling things will have to change now. There is three they wont be using for a while. You guess why.