Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently...the ones that turned us in.

I would almost bet they buy a couple of hundred $ worth at the tents every year for their kids to shoot. Without thought to saftey. Just wanting to get something more started across the river most likely.All you have to say around here is I heard....... and its across the river in 5 minutes. Both ways.

Why would we think someone from over there did it? We all know you guys over there just love us to death.

You seem to be more involved with westy feuds than GV. I guess we are like your stepchild after all. Whip us first. Ask questions later. Yeah looks like the love is mutual dont it?

By the way we have talked fireworks, horns, bleachers, Walmart, and everything but football. How about how SC is going to stomp GV again. Or something on that line. Its a football thread.

Where is this TSSAA rule you know so well? I could only find the one that said no explosives at games. If fireworks are looked at as explosives (which most are labeled as class C explosives) the rule would not allow fireworks at all.

We saw the exact same thing when we checked three years ago. We were of course very afraid of our boys working hard for a win and then having it stripped becaues of a technicality. (also kinda fearfull for the guy who shot them if FCS was stripped of a few wins), so we looked into it. We had seen other people do it before we did and had heard everything in between about the rules.The guy who shoots them went to TSSAA headquarters and spent two weeks trying to figure it out, what he was told was just what i wrote. That if the principle, police, and referee's were all ok with it, then it was fine. So far we haven't had any complaints about them at all, heck when we beat Grace and Hampton last year i remember a few of their fans actually sitting back down to enjoy the rather length firework display at the ends of the game.

Let's all just drop the fireworks thing. It's not a factor in the game. Let's move on.

opps, sorry antwan. it won't happen again i promise

You seem to be more involved with westy feuds than GV. I guess we are like your stepchild after all. Whip us first. Ask questions later. Yeah looks like the love is mutual dont it?

By the way we have talked fireworks, horns, bleachers, Walmart, and everything but football. How about how SC is going to stomp GV again. Or something on that line. Its a football thread.

Believe it or not...there's not too much dislike for the Kitties over here by most. It's much worse over there. That's no big deal to me.

If I had a stepchild...I would treat them as my own. But hey...that's just me.

I have never said SC would stomp GV again. I have said numerous times we are small but slow. How can we win? You...however...have said numerous times what the Kitties are going to do to SC. Now that the time is near...what do you have to say now?

Believe it or not...there's not too much dislike for the Kitties over here by most. It's much worse over there. That's no big deal to me.

If I had a stepchild...I would treat them as my own. But hey...that's just me.

I have never said SC would stomp GV again. I have said numerous times we are small but slow. How can we win? You...however...have said numerous times what the Kitties are going to do to SC. Now that the time is near...what do you have to say now?

I say refer to last years thread. It appeared often. Maybe not by you. I do recall reading it several times from SC fans. So what have I said the kitties are going to the small but slow team you profess? Dont try the old placement of words game here. There is only seven pages to check through.

I'll keep it football with you MOdollarsigns.....G-ville has "out of the blue" became a powerhouse. All the hype about the Tigers winning 1A this year....where did that come from? The Tigers haven't had much success against the Owls in a long darn time....why is this year going to be any different? Don't get me wrong, I hope G-ville wins every game except one.

Your Tigers that are suddenly / supposedly so good, now, have been outscored 86 - 21 in the last three years by the Owls. But now, for some reason, things have changed and G-ville is the team to beat? f9d

The Smith County Owl defense is just as good, if not better, than some of the years past. Like the previous 3 years of these senior football players' days....this year should be about the same...about 4 TD's to 1.

I'll keep it football with you MOdollarsigns.....G-ville has "out of the blue" became a powerhouse. All the hype about the Tigers winning 1A this year....where did that come from? The Tigers haven't had much success against the Owls in a long darn time....why is this year going to be any different? Don't get me wrong, I hope G-ville wins every game except one.

Your Tigers that are suddenly / supposedly so good, now, have been outscored 86 - 21 in the last three years by the Owls. But now, for some reason, things have changed and G-ville is the team to beat? f9d

The Smith County Owl defense is just as good, if not better, than some of the years past. Like the previous 3 years of these senior football players' days....this year should be about the same...about 4 TD's to 1.

You know I dont really know where all the hype came from either. It just appeared this year. I guess coacht and who ever the powers be started it. Rated GV in the top 5 and such. GV dont have anything special this year. You are correct it should be about the same about 4 TDs to 1. So come on over and put the four TDs on GV. GV will get their one and we can call it business as usual and move on with our seasons. It will be a gimmie again for you. Trust me.

I would say that is pretty close, if I was guessing. I don't see a whole lot different from years past. SC all the way.

Z King, SC threw it around for 150+ friday. Gordonsville has had to replace a lot of players in the secondary. Sure the Tigers better be worried about stopping Rich, he had a huge night against LA. They better also worry about stopping the passing game. Something they didn't do so well versus CC.

Read back a few pages Ant-one. The fireworks - horn stuff has been part of the discussion for several pages, I didn't just start it out of the blue. And again, I wasn't asking you . I think you are just ticked because I picked the Ville to win big

Nah...I don't care who you pick. It's a logical pick. Most are picking the Kitties by 2 touchdowns. I don't have a problem with that. If you want to talk fireworks...start a thread. I don't think most SC or GV fans want to discuss it. Is that good enough for you?