Oneida vs Hampton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, Pujo, he makes a point.

YDKM, what are you trying to do......get on Last Comic Standing?!?!

I'm just gonna watch awhile.

Kazzy

Say what you will, but Johnson Co plays in 4a, after our game the other night, they said it was the biggest line they had seen in along time. Oneida will be talking about Hampton's size about Saturday morning.

These boys are big....they are real big.....i mean they are big big.........they are the biggest of big.

So was Goliath.

David had a little help. If Oneida can get the same helper ,another GIANT will be slain. I think he likes our Giants pretty good. They are pretty good GIANTS.

Pujo knows his football. Hampton has been on the rise the past few years. If he says they are very stong, then that tells me something. Hampton got Johnson Co. out of the way. I think they will go undefeated. Hampton will roll over Oneida.

Who is the new tailback at Hampton now since that Townsend guy you had last year is gone? Is the new starter as good as Townsend?

Dustin Jaynes is the new tailback. Against Johnson Co., he rushed 20 times for 143 yards. He is not as fast or quick as Townsend but he is a very good runner and he don't dance around much. The other running back is Dustin Milhorn who I believe will get more carries as the season goes on. He is more like Adam than Jaynes is. He is very quick and lightning fast. Against Johnson Co. he only had 3 carries but scored on a run from about 70 yards. He finished with almost 90 or 95 yards on those 3 carries (but i could be wrong about those stats). The fullback is Jared Irick. He might be the best fullback Hampton has had since Mark Watson in the days of AA football in 1996. He runs very hard and is very strong. I think he tallied 117 yards on 10 carries against Johnson Co...

Dustin Jaynes is the new tailback. Against Johnson Co., he rushed 20 times for 143 yards. He is not as fast or quick as Townsend but he is a very good runner and he don't dance around much. The other running back is Dustin Milhorn who I believe will get more carries as the season goes on. He is more like Adam than Jaynes is. He is very quick and lightning fast. Against Johnson Co. he only had 3 carries but scored on a run from about 70 yards. He finished with almost 90 or 95 yards on those 3 carries (but i could be wrong about those stats). The fullback is Jared Irick. He might be the best fullback Hampton has had since Mark Watson in the days of AA football in 1996. He runs very hard and is very strong. I think he tallied 117 yards on 10 carries against Johnson Co...

Sounds like your line opened some nice holes and you just pounded Johnson Co. to the end.

Is Hampton a senior dominated team?

I too think that PUJO knows his football. Like most of us he is biased towards his team but for good reason, afterall the past three years Hampton has been among the elite programs in 1A. I'd also add that having the "1A" label attached to some programs does not automatically mean the larger classification teams should go lightly in preparing for their poor little 1A foes. Johnson County, Cheatham Co, Upperman, Macon Co, and others have learned this the hard way. Others will learn this Friday and as the season progresses (Smith Co, Marion Co, DCA, Ezell Harding, etc).

As for this matchup 'll take Hampton based purely on the fact that they have consistently shown that they are the best in East TN in 1A and among the best in many other "higher" classes!

Best of luck Hampton!

By the way Pujo, how many "coaches" are on you guys sidelines this year?

I think you awnsered that quite well, than DR does a pretty god job also. These backs do a good job of blocking and thay hit the hole in a hurry. If there is anything there ,they will get it.

Sounds like your line opened some nice holes and you just pounded Johnson Co. to the end.

Is Hampton a senior dominated team?

Reaction ,you hit the nail on the head, We ran in every hole known to mankind with several different people. As far as seniors goes, This is the most Hampton has had for quite a while. We do have some quality young guys.

On another note, I'm sorry to hear about you're QB. Thats a shame in the first game of the season. Was he a senior. Good luck to BB this season.

I too think that PUJO knows his football. Like most of us he is biased towards his team but for good reason, afterall the past three years Hampton has been among the elite programs in 1A. I'd also add that having the "1A" label attached to some programs does not automatically mean the larger classification teams should go lightly in preparing for their poor little 1A foes. Johnson County, Cheatham Co, Upperman, Macon Co, and others have learned this the hard way. Others will learn this Friday and as the season progresses (Smith Co, Marion Co, DCA, Ezell Harding, etc).

As for this matchup 'll take Hampton based purely on the fact that they have consistently shown that they are the best in East TN in 1A and among the best in many other "higher" classes!

Best of luck Hampton!

By the way Pujo, how many "coaches" are on you guys sidelines this year?

I agree with you Volchampz, there are several 1a teams that can go head to head with the bigger schools. As far as Coaches on the sidelines, its the same nomber that practices with the team every day. Some of us stand on the sidelines ,but as for me ,I don;t discuss stradegy with any of the Coaches. That would be a little confusing. We do have sideline coaches yelling at the coaches to do this and that. I don't thnk the coaches even hear them, if they do ,they don't mind a lick.There is know way I would ever try to distract our coaches during a game. They have their hands full as it is. I'm just a big fan, that loves the game.