CAK @ Cherokee

vandamme

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read that correctly? Cherokee runs the Wing T.....If this is the case, it will be very difficult for CAK to defend. They havent played anyone in several years who ran the Wing T. The last team to run a true Wing T against CAK would be Asheville School 3 years ago. This is completely different for the linebackers. It helps negate the team defensive speed from CAK, if you go where you think the ball is...You will be wrong. This should be a good warmup though, since CAK will be seeing it again this year from Webb.

Someone tell me if Cherokee runs the Wing T for sure. There is noway to simulate it in practice, it takes years to learn how to run it correctly. I still expect the Warriors will have a great offensive game and by mid second quarter the defense should be catching on.

Another Toss Up in my opinion.

CAK played Asheville School as recent as last year and beat them 40-0. They've scrimmaged a couple teams that have run similar offenses. Hopefully that will give them something to go on in how to stop this offense. If Cherokee doenst have much speed then they may have trouble stopping CAKs speed on offense. If CAKs linebackers and line play smart then they could maybe stop this offense. I say its a close one but CAK by 7.

CAK played Asheville School as recent as last year and beat them 40-0. They've scrimmaged a couple teams that have run similar offenses. Hopefully that will give them something to go on in how to stop this offense. If Cherokee doenst have much speed then they may have trouble stopping CAKs speed on offense. If CAKs linebackers and line play smart then they could maybe stop this offense. I say its a close one but CAK by 7.

Asheville didnt run the run the Wing-T last season.

In '03 we were favored to go back to Murfreesboro. CAK knocked us out in the first round.

They've since moved up to 2A. (Probably by "multiplier") They have 92 players on the roster, 17 are seniors.

And being private, you know they've picked up some talent.

Cherokee's TUFF ! Always are. I don't know a whole lot about 'em, But I'm sure they'll be big and fast.

Expect a battle in a close one, But something tells me CAK will pull it out.

The last two seasons Asheville school has not run the wing T and the closest thing CAK has seen to it is Rockwood, who runs the double wing. Just let me tell you the Wing T is set up on deception, you think the ball is going one way and all of a sudden it was handed off the other.

The Keys to stopping the wing T are simple.

1. The FB/TB gets tackled by the Middle Linebacker on every play.

2. The guards take you to the ball, if the guard pulls the d lineman better get on his butt and chase. If the guard fires out. You make a big pile.

3. Usually teams that run the Wing T throw just enough to keep you honest. You make a Wing T team beat you by passing the football.

4. Everytime you have a chance to hit the QB on a pass play you lay him out. There is a lot of play action in the passing game, so it takes up time

5. DE's cannot play up field or else it is one less person they have to block.

Not saying anything about CAK's offense here, it should be fine, but the thing about defense is you have to be disciplined and not go flying with the fakes. Slow Read and play assignment football!

Did I read that correctly? Cherokee runs the Wing T.....If this is the case, it will be very difficult for CAK to defend. They havent played anyone in several years who ran the Wing T. The last team to run a true Wing T against CAK would be Asheville School 3 years ago. This is completely different for the linebackers. It helps negate the team defensive speed from CAK, if you go where you think the ball is...You will be wrong. This should be a good warmup though, since CAK will be seeing it again this year from Webb.

Someone tell me if Cherokee runs the Wing T for sure. There is noway to simulate it in practice, it takes years to learn how to run it correctly. I still expect the Warriors will have a great offensive game and by mid second quarter the defense should be catching on.

Another Toss Up in my opinion.

Saw Cherokee Scrimmage in the Spring they do run the wing T, they are VERY physical, If none of them quit they have about 3 BIG backs that make it very difficult to stop there offense. However Cherokee might be one of the best wing T offenses ive faced, CAK could have success putting the ball in the air. In all i think its close game but Cherokee just too physical. Cherokee by 8

Just as APSU310 said, the wing t is all about assingments and physicality on defense...which I don't think will be a problem for CAK. CAK's line will be fine. They've been calling the line small for years and they've always been getting the job done, especially since Coach Bradley's been with the line. I've got CAK by 9.

In '03 we were favored to go back to Murfreesboro. CAK knocked us out in the first round.

They've since moved up to 2A. (Probably by "multiplier") They have 92 players on the roster, 17 are seniors.

And being private, you know they've picked up some talent.

Cherokee's TUFF ! Always are. I don't know a whole lot about 'em, But I'm sure they'll be big and fast.

Expect a battle in a close one, But something tells me CAK will pull it out.

CAK has 63 players on their roster and they recruit no one if they did they would have alot more size. CAK just gets the absolute most out of everyone and they don't make many mistakes.