Riverdale (1-0) @ Antioch (0-1)

tdntn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really big test...I understand that Antioch is a spread offense and that will challenge our DBs and pass rush.

Our offense will probably be down a couple starters again next week so we need to be ready to do a few more things and we need to get a lot of reps to the 2d and 3d team backs. Regardless, we'll probably need to score more than 14 points to win this one.

The defense will be challenged. Antioch was picked to win their region based on the strength of the offense and their skill players. We got a shut out on Oakland last week but it's important to remember that Oakland was shut out in their last scrimmage by a 4A team. We'll need to be much better this week.

I'm hoping Friday was just a sluggish start. Riverdale 24, Antioch 14.

TDCman...I am a former Riverdale player who saw the first three quarters of the Antioch/MBA game. We will have no trouble with Antioch. MBA "Smash Mouthed" Antioch into submission by the middle of the 2nd quarter by just running it off tackle behind 6'-5" Bailey #75 (who is huge), their big 6'-5" TE Sloan #82 and with their FB, Bartholomew #2, lead blocking. There was nothing Antioch could do to stop them. They were putting 9 and 10 men in the box and still couldn't stop them. MBA must have rushed for over 400 yards. Antioch's McAdoo #80 was a no-show as were most of his teammates. Antioch had no passing game either. I think the Riverdale O-line is at least as physical as the MBA O-line and will have their way with Antioch. And with our speed in the backfield I expect that the Warriors will crush Antioch. Riverdale 48, Antioch 7. Book it!

TDCman...I am a former Riverdale player who saw the first three quarters of the Antioch/MBA game. We will have no trouble with Antioch. MBA "Smash Mouthed" Antioch into submission by the middle of the 2nd quarter by just running it off tackle behind 6'-5" Bailey #75 (who is huge), their big 6'-5" TE Sloan #82 and with their FB, Bartholomew #2, lead blocking. There was nothing Antioch could do to stop them. They were putting 9 and 10 men in the box and still couldn't stop them. MBA must have rushed for over 400 yards. Antioch's McAdoo #80 was a no-show as were most of his teammates. Antioch had no passing game either. I think the Riverdale O-line is at least as physical as the MBA O-line and will have their way with Antioch. And with our speed in the backfield I expect that the Warriors will crush Antioch. Riverdale 48, Antioch 7. Book it!

'IF' and this is a big if, the O-line will just quit reading their press clippings and actually hit like they are capable of then R'dale should win. No team is gonna lay down for them. They have the 'capability' of destroying any D-line in the state. Now they just have to prove it!

'IF' and this is a big if, the O-line will just quit reading their press clippings and actually hit like they are capable of then R'dale should win. No team is gonna lay down for them. They have the 'capability' of destroying any D-line in the state. Now they just have to prove it!

Trust me they wernt big headed, it was just bad angles and form by watching film on it. Alot of mental mistakes that can be fixed.

LOD...i commented on this in the RIVERDALE oakland thread but i am not worried about our line I am not worried about them right now go check out the thread on my opinion

LOD...i commented on this in the RIVERDALE oakland thread but i am not worried about our line I am not worried about them right now go check out the thread on my opinion

Found it and Thanks! It makes me feel better. I still think the shortened summer workouts have hurt us a little on timing but we should be fine for the actual season. Glad to hear we passed a little.

As to the actual game between Oakland vs R'dale to me it is understandable as they always play each other tough no matter what the score is. After all it IS the "Battle of the Boro"!

Antioch was picked to win their region for a reason...they have some good players. Just because a team doesn't look good in their first game doesn't mean they won't be improved for game two. Riverdale didn't look very good last week but I still expect them to be a good team.

Web site is really coming along...looked really good when I viseted it today.

Are there really 82 players on the freshmen team? Good gosh!!!

Any Antioch people posting? Could someone give us a rundown on your team and the best way in/out of the stadium for the visiting fans. Will we have any problems finding parking? Thanks...