South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does SF have an athletic period? Will the new coach be allowed to choose his assistant coaches? Will he have any control over the middle school program?

Yes they have an athletic period. What they do in there I don't know. I know during the season they start practice or something. With the teacher situation at SF I highly doubt he gets to bring in any assistant coaches. He probable won't have any control over the middle school. Coach McFarland has all that under control. I'm just wondering seeing how there isn't any teaching positions open, so he couldn't bring in any coaches, if he will let them run the same offense or if he will bring in a new one and make the whole coaching staff and players learn it. I think that would be better. We have been running the same offense for 20 years. Then again this would allow more freedom for Coach Wilson to call any plays he wants. I mean everyone knows what we're famous for. The scissors, power, and the double pass. I don't remember seeing the double pass this year, but I do remember it from last year when we ran it 2 times in a row and we got sacked both times. 3 times all together in the game. Talk about element of surprise!!! I am really exciting to know who is all out there for the hiring. I wonder how long it will be before we know who is in the top 5 or 3 for the job.

I mean everyone knows what we're famous for. The scissors, power, and the double pass. I don't remember seeing the double pass this year, but I do remember it from last year when we ran it 2 times in a row and we got sacked both times. 3 times all together in the game. Talk about element of surprise!!!

I'm sure the fact that it was Coach Wilson calling the plays this year, instead of Wood, had something to do with the silly "Double Pass" play not being utilized. Regarding that play and how it was used there were always two things I was certain of:

(1) Whenever the backup quarterback entered the game and was lined up at wide receiver there was about a 90% chance that the double pass was coming.

(2) If I could recognize (1), while sitting in the bleachers, then it couldn't have been very difficult for the opposing coaching staff to decipher.

look the double passed work with athletes with the kids they have right now they dont wanna win they wanna go out and have fun after the game not during the game so this new coach coming in gonna get there heads right....this dont have to do with no double pass and even when they ran that they had athletes that ran it right when u have a coach going shotgun 2nd have calling plays that dont even make sense throwing to the same player every down dont work plus the routes are horrible i cant wait till this new coach comes in

How many kids were on the roster last season?

Do the kids and the town and the school really want to win at Football?

What type of question is that? Honestly man. lol. Of course we want to win. Thats like saying do the Patriots really want to win the Super Bowl or are they just playing until the end of the season?

What type of question is that? Honestly man. lol. Of course we want to win. Thats like saying do the Patriots really want to win the Super Bowl or are they just playing until the end of the season?

Well South Fulton Doesn't Really Try At Hockey Do They? And Thier Rugby Team Stinks. And The Water Polo Should Quit Now. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 What An Idiot? Do They Want To Win? Nah! They Just Like Wearing The Uniforms And Getting The Stuffing Whooped Out Of Em. Heck Why Win, When You Can Lose. What A Goof.

I understand that everybody wants to win, but is the town the school and the kids really intersted in doing what it takes to win. That's what my question should have been.

Earlier posts suggested that kids didn't work out and didn't go to 2 a days, when a new coach comes in and tries to get these things going how will everybody respond?

Well, according to this week's Fulton Leader (sorry, no online link available), AD Powell stated what he was looking for in a coach:

-five years of experience running a complete program,

-good communication skills and ability to work with school administrators,

-good teaching skills,

-ability to be leader in the community, blah, blah...

Also, he said that they have received 35 applications, so far.

The main feeling that I take from this article is one of skepticism, concerning the prerequisite of five years head coaching experience. I mean, if a coach has that kind of experience and is any good, would he really be interested in coming to a program that is 1-19 over the last two years? I would rather take a talented and energetic assistant than someone of a lesser caliber, who has the desired length of experience.

Well, according to this week's Fulton Leader (sorry, no online link available), AD Powell stated what he was looking for in a coach:

-five years of experience running a complete program,

-good communication skills and ability to work with school administrators,

-good teaching skills,

-ability to be leader in the community, blah, blah...

Also, he said that they have received 35 applications, so far.

The main feeling that I take from this article is one of skepticism, concerning the prerequisite of five years head coaching experience. I mean, if a coach has that kind of experience and is any good, would he really be interested in coming to a program that is 1-19 over the last two years? I would rather take a talented and energetic assistant than someone of a lesser caliber, who has the desired length of experience.

If you will go to the T.$.$.A.A. website and go to the bulletin board you will see the requirements SF is looking for...Compared to the rest of the job postings it's much more in-depth...

BTW....Fishel has five years experience...

That five year experience thing may indicate that the administration doesn't want any of the current assistants...