South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta have talent to win.

Coach Wood is a great man and will be missed.

Looks like the parents are still running the show in Obion County once again.

Same song different verse.

DANG NO MORE ELEPHANTS!!!!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Nice try on that one but it doesn't pertain to South Fulton...Their athletic programs keep their coaches....It isn't a revolving door where every time you turn around you have a new face.....Obion County Central and South Fulton are different circumstances....

I agree with the poster who said if the parents ran the show Wood would have been out long ago....

Think about this for a second....Just for instance this year,you have a head coach schedule a vacation for the opening week of football practice...What is that??..Then you have a team with no mandatory weight lifting program...What is that??...Then you have a team that sometimes has spring practice and sometimes doesn't....BTW...People talk about the other coaches on the staff..Did Wood keep those guys from heading up the weight program??...Could none of those guys been around the fieldhouse to oversee the players and make sure they were there??...Doesn't seem to me that the staff had much interest in South Fulton winning games in the fall by their own work ethic in the summer...There is no doubt why South Fulton had the records they had the last two years...You get out of a program what you put in it and there hasn't been much going in it the last few years...It takes a whole lot more than someone hanging around and cleaning up the facilities and mowing the football field to be a coach....

I know this is speculation,but if South Fulton has the opportunity to hire Jim Fishel they ought to jump on that quickly...Fishel is a very good coach and he would be out to prove to everyone he can...Plus with it being his alma mater he would want to return the program to it's glory days....

To the poster who said something about winning 5 games...Would that not be a huge improvement over 1-9 and having the mercy rule invoked in almost every game??....

Good Luck to the Red Devils on your search for a new coach...

Nice try on that one but it doesn't pertain to South Fulton...Their athletic programs keep their coaches....It isn't a revolving door where every time you turn around you have a new face.....Obion County Central and South Fulton are different circumstances....

I agree with the poster who said if the parents ran the show Wood would have been out long ago....

Think about this for a second....Just for instance this year,you have a head coach schedule a vacation for the opening week of football practice...What is that??..Then you have a team with no mandatory weight lifting program...What is that??...Then you have a team that sometimes has spring practice and sometimes doesn't....BTW...People talk about the other coaches on the staff..Did Wood keep those guys from heading up the weight program??...Could none of those guys been around the fieldhouse to oversee the players and make sure they were there??...Doesn't seem to me that the staff had much interest in South Fulton winning games in the fall by their own work ethic in the summer...There is no doubt why South Fulton had the records they had the last two years...You get out of a program what you put in it and there hasn't been much going in it the last few years...It takes a whole lot more than someone hanging around and cleaning up the facilities and mowing the football field to be a coach....

I know this is speculation,but if South Fulton has the opportunity to hire Jim Fishel they ought to jump on that quickly...Fishel is a very good coach and he would be out to prove to everyone he can...Plus with it being his alma mater he would want to return the program to it's glory days....

To the poster who said something about winning 5 games...Would that not be a huge improvement over 1-9 and having the mercy rule invoked in almost every game??....

Good Luck to the Red Devils on your search for a new coach...

Spoken like a true champ other than one point. The other coaches could not do the mandatory lifting or practices during the off season because Coach Wood would not let them. The kids tell me that Coach Wood wanted them to "enjoy" their summer instead of spending all of it up at the school. I'm not saying that the coaches didn't do everything they could to ensure the chance of winning because obviously they didn't. All I'm saying is if your at work and your boss says he doesn't want you to do something and you do it anyway. That isn't good at all. Same way with this, Coach Wood was their boss and he told them they couldn't do it. If they could have done it would they have? That's another discussion. I don't believe I have ever heard of South Fulton having a weight program. Then again Coach Wood has been coach there since the beginning of time.

They did advance to the third round of the playoffs in 1997...That was the year they had Dee Brown,Steven Wright,Bryan Doty and that bunch....

1997 was the year that SF made it to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs and lost to USJ, 28-14. Brown was a junior that year and Wright and Doty were sophomores. The seniors that year were Jimmy Boaz, Ryan McDaniel, Greg Barclay, Bryan Pickering, Rusty Sykes, and a few more. They went 8-5 and beat West Carroll and Greenfield in the playoffs. They were definitely not the most talented team Coach Wood had while he was at South Fulton, so their making it that far into the playoffs says something for him as a coach.

ok....once again fishel being head coach at south fulton i wouldnt think so im sure he has bigger things in mind than south fulton because if union city are looking for bigger things its not gonna happen they are really gonna regret fishel is gone from there because union city itself doesnt have the athletes like it use to sure they won state championship i would to if i drop from aa the first year so lets say fishel gets job at SF im sure we will see how good of a coach he is so think about that.....

ok....once again fishel being head coach at south fulton i wouldnt think so im sure he has bigger things in mind than south fulton because if union city are looking for bigger things its not gonna happen they are really gonna regret fishel is gone from there because union city itself doesnt have the athletes like it use to sure they won state championship i would to if i drop from aa the first year so lets say fishel gets job at SF im sure we will see how good of a coach he is so think about that.....

If he teaches any kind of History or anything there would be a pretty good chance he could get it. Do you know what he taught at UC?

Union City never was loaded with D-I talent....They still have athletes...I'd venture to say they have as good athletes as anybody in the region....What set UC apart from everyone else back when UC was winning alot of games was the coaching staff...Fishel never had the coaching staff with as much experience & stability as what Randy Barnes' staff had...I played on Barnes' first two teams(82-83) and when UC was in the championship game in 2000 there were still some guys on the staff from when I played....Fishel is a very good coach,you just can't do everything on your own....UC will have some surprising names apply for this job and I would bet they get a very good head coach....And if Fishel comes to South Fulton,you will have a good coach too....

There would be lots of happy parent if Kelly wasnt teaching,he is way to hard in the classroom, some would say lacking "teaching skills" maybe the same can be said with "coaching skills"

hate to kick on a man but this has been said for some time.

Really. That's interesting to me, because when I was in high school, in the early 1990s, I would have rated him as the BEST teacher at the High School. Of course, a lot of time has passed since then and his style might have changed, somewhat. Also, History was my favorite subject so I probably favor that subject's teachers over others.