Trinity vs. Usj Week 1

JPM62

According to the Jackson Sun (Sundays edition), USJ's Hardegree is ranked the nation's No. 6 dropback QB by Max Emfinger and is reportedly being shown interest by several SEC powerhouses. I know USJ has a crew of talented receivers and at least a fair line, so one could expect this combo to be too much for many opponents this year ? Trinity has seniors this year that have played together for years and if I'm not mistaken were part of the middle school teams 4 yrs ago that dominated the opposition including USJ. Should be a good game.

The 6th ranked QB?? He's led his team to a 3-17 record the last 2 yrs. You can pad your stats when you throw the ball 50 times a game and your team is losing. If a "powerhouse" SEC team takes him, he'll be just like his brother at Tennessee...hold the clipboard for 3 years then return to tennis.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cofo. You make a very bold statement about someone that you don't know and ones situation at Tennessee. You must be one of those know it all bleacher coaches, but guess where you are....the bleachers not on an SEC field and never had run through the famous UT run through and to top that you probably were not a collegiate athlete. So think wisely about your comments next time.

The 6th ranked QB?? He's led his team to a 3-17 record the last 2 yrs. You can pad your stats when you throw the ball 50 times a game and your team is losing. If a "powerhouse" SEC team takes him, he'll be just like his brother at Tennessee...hold the clipboard for 3 years then return to tennis.

...for free.

I'd be real careful about throwing stones considering how well your team has done after moving out of that "church league."

I'm not throwing stones, USJ doesn't live in that glass house any more. Let the lions come on up to 2A and get a taste, you'll see how different it is. If USJ is 1A the past two years they probably go 7-3, 6-4 and get to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. That's how big a step it is. Everyone now knows that 1a football really is a step above middle school because all the good 1A schools are now playing 2A. TCA will roll in 1A except for Fayette and when they play Bruceton in the playoffs.

I'd be real careful about throwing stones considering how well your team has done after moving out of that "church league."

I keep forgetting this post is about the game, sorry, I think it will be a good game. TCA has some talent. I think people are underestimating USJ though, they have plenty of skill, athleticism, and size at receiver and running back. If their line can do a good job, the Bruins may win. It should be spirited game either way. Good luck to both.

Everyone now knows that 1a football really is a step above middle school because all the good 1A schools are now playing 2A.

So basically, what you are saying is that USJ's football legacy is basically meaningless since it was in 1A. I actually think USJ could take more pride in it than that, but maybe they will do something in 2A one year that they can feel is a worthy accomplishment.

Oh, and for the record, ALL high school football is a step above middle school. Afterall, that is the step before high school...

Do you go to USJ? Have you ever been to a 1A football game? Or are you just one of those people just has the need to feel that you are above everyone and everything? Just curious.

Everyone now knows that 1a football really is a step above middle school

At least 1A is competitive, 1A has 8-10 teams with a legitament chance of winning the Gold football, 2A has about 8-10 teams fighting it out for a silver football.

2A's top football teams could probably beat 1A's top football teams, suprise suprise, they are supposed to that is why it is 2A.

If i remember 3A's Top football team beat 2A's top football team last year, i wonder why, oh wait they are 3A they are supposed to beat 2A teams.