Boyd Buchanan at Meigs Co.

reaction

To start with I want to say that Nick will be missed big time. He is a great athelet and will be one for the record books by the time his career is over at Boyd. I know he is overwhelmed by the concern that has been shown for him. The team has not and will not roll over because of his injury. We have lived for the past couple of years with a number of ACL tears. So our coaches are used to adjustments. I was not at practice on Monday, but was told they have a renewed spring in their step. Nick was there Monday and talked to the team. I don't know what was said and did not ask. Knowing Nick, I feel I already know what his message to the team.

Meigs county is a tough place to play. They are big and physical, it's smash mouth football at its best. I'm sure the BUCS will rally around Nick and take care of business. Meigs should find NO comfort in the fact that we lost our starting QB. The backup is more than pretty good. We will miss Cody at TE, but he is arguably the saviest player we have. He is a Senior that would just as soon take the ball and run over you as to throw it. The bottom line is, don't count us out just yet. BUCS win this one in a hard, hard fought contest.

...I know the "Bucs" will rally around Nick...Boyd-B. by 6...and you are right Decatur is a very tough place to play!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd Buc's defense will be ready. Yes we lost Nic on offesne which sets us back, but we didn't lose anything on defense. I don't think Meigs Co. will be like CAK and throw it all over the field. That was a good test for the Buc's young secondary, and they did a pretty decent job. If Meigs Co. lines it up and runs right at us, that plays right into our defensive strength I think. Hopefully we have had a good practice on the offensive side of the ball this week to get our offense going!

BUC4LIFE you been by practice any this week? How is Cody looking?

No, I haven't made it this week. I will be ther tomorrow, but they just have walk thru's. My son says everyone is very focused. It sounds like we've gone back over everything in detail. The coaches have handled the loss with class. They took full responsibility for the loss, as did the players. No one is pointing fingers, just fully committed to solutions.

As far as Cody. He is a Senior leader. He has a much better arm than people give him credit for. I hope Meigs will underestimate him. I have not seen him this week, but watched him a couple of weeks ago in the scrimmage we had amongst ourselves. (The night that other team cancelled the scrimmage with us the night before at 11:00 p.m.) He looked good then and knowing Cody, he will respond. I assure you, he will not be intimidated.

No, I haven't made it this week. I will be ther tomorrow, but they just have walk thru's. My son says everyone is very focused. It sounds like we've gone back over everything in detail. The coaches have handled the loss with class. They took full responsibility for the loss, as did the players. No one is pointing fingers, just fully committed to solutions.

As far as Cody. He is a Senior leader. He has a much better arm than people give him credit for. I hope Meigs will underestimate him. I have not seen him this week, but watched him a couple of weeks ago in the scrimmage we had amongst ourselves. (The night that other team cancelled the scrimmage with us the night before at 11:00 p.m.) He looked good then and knowing Cody, he will respond. I assure you, he will not be intimidated.

The team is emotionally ready for this game. we are playing this one for nick. I have noticed the players playing harder now in practice since our qb went down. As for Cody, he has looked good in practice. He is the best leader on the team in my opinion. Cody has played in some 7on7 tournamets that we went too and at times looked as good as Nick. He played qb for the white team in the spring game and coach fant has worked his butt off getting cody ready, at TE Jake Lockert will be ready to take over, believe me he is very good for a 10th grader, so i think this game will be a close one, Boyd by 3