Coffee County at Oakland

CC has a very good punter, in fact, pinned Shelbyville at their own seven last night...However, Price has always been that way. He has the mentality that if you can't get 10 yards in 4 plays then you dont' deserve to win. It has gotten him beat, but it has also won him some games as well. It seems like he has been wiser with those decisions, before it has been fourth and long, sometimes deep in our own territory and he would go for it. Seems like over the past year he has gotten away from that. Usually tries to be around at least midfield with less than five yards to go, but I would still rather see us punt. As far as Tinsley is concerned, he's a 6-foot, maybe 6-foot-1 190-200 pounder with some impressive speed and a bulldog running mentality. The Raider offensive line struggled in the first scrimmage of the summer, but since that point has been better than solid. They move quickly as they should in the wint-t system with all of the pulling and what not. LT- Justin Mayberry - senior stands around 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2 at 265-pounds, LG is Jordan Watson - three year starter, senior, right around 6-foot, 200 pounds, C is Josh Drake - senior is upwards of around 6-foot-3, 260-pounds, RG is Jared Riddle - Senior, smallest of the group at 5'10 and 220-pounds but moves very quickly and can hold his own, and of course the RT is Robbie Gonzales - senior, 6-foot-10, 340 pounds, really improved his footwork and agility every season and continues to improve as a player....the offensive line will open holes. The X-factor in this game will be the passing game. We all know the Raiders can run the football and with Oakland moving into the Wing-T, I'm sure they can as well. The Raiders need to be able to rely on Hobbs to step up and complete the hitches, slants, and screens and the occasional deep ball that Price likes to call for. Whoever wins the turnover battle and passes for more yards wins this game.

Totally agree 100% pedo...question I have is did Hobbs check off his recievers...saw some plays that we could of had good yardage from where Aaron, Thornton, or Owens was wide open down the field. I couldn't see much from where I was sitting...too many umbrellas lol. Also I heard that Gonzales was or still is on TN's radar...is that true? That would be great....not sure if anyone from Manchester has played for UT or not. Goins looks pretty sharp playin DB..nearly had a nice pick that I think he could of ran back...early in the 1st half I believe. All in all we looked pretty good...real impressed with Tinsley, Goins, and Kanjanabout running the ball! Saw alot of pressure on the QB from our D but kinda hard to wrap up a very mobile QB...anyways I'm pulling for Coffee in this one as well...good luck to both teams...I can't wait till Friday!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree 100% pedo...question I have is did Hobbs check off his recievers...saw some plays that we could of had good yardage from where Aaron, Thornton, or Owens was wide open down the field. I couldn't see much from where I was sitting...too many umbrellas lol. Also I heard that Gonzales was or still is on TN's radar...is that true? That would be great....not sure if anyone from Manchester has played for UT or not. Goins looks pretty sharp playin DB..nearly had a nice pick that I think he could of ran back...early in the 1st half I believe. All in all we looked pretty good...real impressed with Tinsley, Goins, and Kanjanabout running the ball! Saw alot of pressure on the QB from our D but kinda hard to wrap up a very mobile QB...anyways I'm pulling for Coffee in this one as well...good luck to both teams...I can't wait till Friday!

There was one play that I remember, in the first half I believe, that Hobbs had a man downfield he missed. Other than that, I feel like it was a decent effort for his first start of his career. He will only get better from game to game with experience and he will make more plays as he gets more comfortable. Our defensive line got pressure on occasion, the most important of which was the intentional grounding that they forced in the second to last play of regulation to force the field goal attempt back to 38-yards from 29. However, the defensive line didn't get the pressure necessary to mask inadequacies in the secondary. But with Justin Boles returning for sure this week and a chance of Cody Frame returning, that should sure up the line enough. Plus, Oakland will be more of a run oriented team. Although, they may choose to pass once they see the film from the Shelbyville game if they have the personnel to do so.

I was pretty pleased with our first game. I was especially proud of our defense against a VERY potent RHS offense. Our D line did a great job and made many tackles at the line of scrimmage. We got a fumble recovery and made an INT too. Several series were three and out....and we held them to 2 first downs in the first half. They had 2 big plays that resulted in the two TDS. One was simply a missed series of tackles, and the other was busted coverage on a pass.

As for our O.....we showed a few bursts, but only had one drive where we really were in position to score. That was late in the game and in a downpour with lightning all around. I was stunned they didn't call the game. Our QB is a soph and I thought he had a nice debut. He had 112 yds passing on the night and was not intimidated by a very aggressive and quick Riverdale D. We have a ways to go offensively, but I am hoping to make huge strides this week at practice. Our line is big and made up of srs.

I know the wingt takes time....but I want them to fast forward!!

i'll be pulling for you guys again this week. i didnt know ya'll had a sophmore starting at qb or i would have went with riverdale last week...lol...oh well, still looks good for the future. sounds like your defense is pretty solid though. good luck to both teams.

There was one play that I remember, in the first half I believe, that Hobbs had a man downfield he missed. Other than that, I feel like it was a decent effort for his first start of his career. He will only get better from game to game with experience and he will make more plays as he gets more comfortable. Our defensive line got pressure on occasion, the most important of which was the intentional grounding that they forced in the second to last play of regulation to force the field goal attempt back to 38-yards from 29. However, the defensive line didn't get the pressure necessary to mask inadequacies in the secondary. But with Justin Boles returning for sure this week and a chance of Cody Frame returning, that should sure up the line enough. Plus, Oakland will be more of a run oriented team. Although, they may choose to pass once they see the film from the Shelbyville game if they have the personnel to do so.

this might be one of the better non region games for oakland kinda hate having to watch 2 teams do the wingt again but i luv football so ol well but i must go with coffee co. on this one because they put up big points in there first game and oakland cant win against a team that puts up numbers like that

this might be one of the better non region games for oakland kinda hate having to watch 2 teams do the wingt again but i luv football so ol well but i must go with coffee co. on this one because they put up big points in there first game and oakland cant win against a team that puts up numbers like that

Nevermind the fact that your are just basing your prediction on one game you've seen. I imagine Coffee County wont have as good of a defense as Riverdale

This should be an old fashion hard hitting football game, with both teams running the wingt, i believe it will come down to who can pass the ball. i like coach ferguson however caoch price knows the wingt about as good as anybody, and coach sisk has been working his defense against the wingt every since he has been here.

This should be an old fashion hard hitting football game, with both teams running the wingt, i believe it will come down to who can pass the ball. i like coach ferguson however caoch price knows the wingt about as good as anybody, and coach sisk has been working his defense against the wingt every since he has been here.

I know that this doesn't have anything to do with this game, but the junior pro team in the video runs the wing-t at age 10. They won the national junior pro football championship at this age. Check out #5, Cody Paul. I wonder if Air Force Academy or Arkansas are looking at him as a 10-year-old? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Will CC bring a big crowd to the game?

We really had a nice vocal crowd last week and I hope they return to cheer on Oakland. I remember in the past that CC has a really good band that plays constantly. I hope ours takes lessons.

I'm sure we'll have a pretty good crowd turnout for this game. We had a really nice turnout at the Shelbyville game even after the game was called off until Saturday. I believe we had a better fan base show up than Shelbyville did. As far as the band goes...they are alot different than back in 98 when Oakland and CC last met. I was in the band at that time. This go around the band is under the direction of a new band and asst band director. So I'm not sure how the band will be this time compared to the band of 98. By the way since I'll be attending this game...where's Oakland HS at....I remember in 98 we played ya'll at MTSU, which I might add was quiet fun....lol

I'm sure we'll have a pretty good crowd turnout for this game. We had a really nice turnout at the Shelbyville game even after the game was called off until Saturday. I believe we had a better fan base show up than Shelbyville did. As far as the band goes...they are alot different than back in 98 when Oakland and CC last met. I was in the band at that time. This go around the band is under the direction of a new band and asst band director. So I'm not sure how the band will be this time compared to the band of 98. By the way since I'll be attending this game...where's Oakland HS at....I remember in 98 we played ya'll at MTSU, which I might add was quiet fun....lol

bump