Ok Alcoa Fans

alcoafan72

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think we have to hope that Burnette's off his game Friday if we're going to have any chance. Maryville's passing game is unreal this year. I don't see us stopping two D-1 receivers in 6'7 Douglas and 6'4 Shiver. If we win it'll have to come in the form of an offensive shootout.

Alcoa and Maryville both have good quarterbacks.

Alcoa and Maryville both have some good running backs

Alcoa and Maryville are still searching on the offensive line.

Maryville has better receivers than Alcoa.

Maryville and Alcoa are still looking for linebackers to step up.

Alcoa is young on the DLine while Maryville has veterans that have been through the wars.

Maryville is great in the secondary. Alcoa has 2 great player in Sommer and Thompson.

2 big keys to this game will be.

1. Alcoa is playing a bunch of kids 2 ways.

2. I don't think Alcoa's offensive line will be able to block Maryville's defensive line.

Alcoa is young on the DLine while Maryville has veterans that have been through the wars.

Maryville is great in the secondary. Alcoa has 2 great player in Sommer and Thompson.

2. I don't think Alcoa's offensive line will be able to block Maryville's defensive line.

Good assessment REBELRON.

I agree that one of the biggest keys will be Alcoa's Offensive line being able to block Maryville's defensive line.

That's why the ankle injury Cobb has really hurts Alcoa BIG. I think with Cobb at 100% and running the ball like he did in the scrimmages, the offensive line play is not as critical. His ability to run the ball in play action or on the roll out option, I think would have offset some of the Maryville defensive line advantage?

I think if Cobb could play at 100% this game gets a lot closer??

For the first time, I see Alcoa having an advantage in the kicking game.

I like the Shiver and Sommer matchup.

I don't see Alcoa having any answer for Douglas.

I think Alcoa has better RB's this year, but Maryville has a bigger offensive line.

Rebelron I have always appreciated your honest assessments sans any contempt. I believe your assessment of this week's match-up, thanks! Good luck to both teams...let's go Alcoa!!!

Being a fan of both teams, I am sorry I will miss this one this year. Headed to Ohio to watch the Ohio vs. The USA games in Cinci this weekend.

I too wish that Cobb were 100% because I really feel that it would have taken quite a bit of pressure off the OL of Alcoa. Now I think the DL, Smith, Englehardt, and the LBs for that matter know the system, and are disciplined enough to not give up too many big plays with or without Cobb at the helm. The Shiver/Sommer matchup should be a good one, but I think Sommer has the edge one on one becuase of his speed. Shiver will be a great OLB at the next level, IMO. Clendenan will be a factor as well. I think Burnette to Douglas will be a big problem for anyone this yr. including Alcoa. You really can't slow Douglas @ the LOS, and once he is in the seam/post route, he will get the ball. Having said that I still think the diversification of Rankins offense, Hodge, Thompson, etc, will cause hesitation this early in the season for any defense. On the depth issue, I'm not so sure that will have a huge impact. Seems like the kids that are used to playing both ways are fine, those where it is the 1st time, or no rotation, is when it gets tough.

ruse?

Maryville by 20. Alcoa cant and wont stop them. us here at Silverdale are striving to get what Maryville and Alcoa has. We will unite and continue to work hard to get there. We have the Gods on our side. Good luck to both teams..

LordVader, I'm gonna ask if you get on here and talk about Silverdale, then do it seriously.

I would love to come up and see one of these games sometime. I here its a great atmosphere. Sounds like it could be a toss up this year. The receiver/secondary matchup is gonna make for a good game. I'll take Maryville by 7.

Here's my take based on talking with coaches on both sides, Maryville has too much experience, depth and size up front for the young Tornados. Alcoas receivers and dbs are excellent and should help to keep Alcoa in the game. It'll be a good one, not a route. Oh yeah, we also scrimmaged both of them, they're comparable, both teams are really good.