Waverly Central vs. Harpeth

papatiger

Waverly has a lot of injuries this early in the season. Harpeth is glad to be out of region with the ABC schools. How does everyone think this one turns out?

I say if Waverly can get some of their guys back they break into the win column. RB Scot Anderson is out pretty sure though, WR Chase Collomp out for year, Tyler Fuller ?, L/K Corbin Jones? WR Nick Bercik out until mid year at best.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth is much better this season as was proved in their scrimmage against Station Camp a few weeks ago. Waverly Central has way too many injuries right now and it's hurting them as was proven in their loss against Wayne Co.

I like Harpeth to win this game to start out 1-0 for the first time since the 2003 season.

I like the way you think Big Country!

Based on preseason, Harpeth is playing pretty good. They stayed with Station Camp, beat Montgomery Central and Northeast's JV outright. How that will translate into 4 quarters during a real game is the test. The Indians aren't very deep and some guys are going to have to stay on the field a long time. The good news is there is some depth at both fullback and running back and they have platooned some at qb too.

I can't wait for Friday!

Harpeth and Waverly both had a good pre-season showing, but with Waverly's loss against Wayne County, things are spectacle. Harpeth is pretty fast, and can mak things happen. And papaT, Tyler is not playing this week. I'll leave my prediction later in the week.

Seeing all the injuries for Waverly I like the Indians in a win. I honestly think Harpeth's O-line will do things the way they want to against Waverly's line. Harpeth will be able to pass and run about the way they want to.

Harpeth 28

Waverly 14

This is somebody who was a big skeptic from the offseason. We will see what Harpeth can do this year. I still think 5th place is where they will be.

Our pass protection was really good last week, if they can carry that over to blocking for the run, we will be good. And the D-Line and LB's need to do something once they get past the line. The LB's looked like they were looping around, then just missing tackles. Improve on that and we'll be alright. Go Tigers!

Seeing all the injuries for Waverly I like the Indians in a win. I honestly think Harpeth's O-line will do things the way they want to against Waverly's line. Harpeth will be able to pass and run about the way they want to.

Harpeth 28

Waverly 14

This is somebody who was a big skeptic from the offseason. We will see what Harpeth can do this year. I still think 5th place is where they will be.

No Way that Harpeth will finish fifth this season. They have a great shot of being a playoff team this year even if they don't finish in the top three in the region because they should finish with a good overall record.

Waverly Central (W): 1-0

Loretto (W): 2-0 (1-0 in Region)

East Robertson (W): 3-0 (1-0 in Region)

FRA (W): 4-0 (1-0 in Region)

East Hickman (W): 5-0 (2-0 in Region)

Richland (W): 6-0 (3-0 in Region)

I WILL BE AMAZED IF HARPETH LOSES IN ANY OF THOSE 6 CONTESTS!!!!!

@ Hickman Co. (Week 4)

@ Lewis Co. (Week 6)

Fairview (Week 9)

@ Sycamore (Week 10)*

Now the Sycamore game is a non-region game for Harpeth. Those other three games are region battles. If Harpeth wins one of the three they will be a playoff team due to their region position. If they lose all three of those region games and beat Sycamore they'll be a playoff team because I WILL ASSURE ANYONE THAT A 7-3 FOOTBALL TEAM WILL NOT BE LEFT OUT OF 1 OF THOSE 5 "WILD CARD" POSITIONS. If they lose all of the region games plus the Sycamore game they'll finish at 6-4 and likely be 4th in the region. I'd still be shocked if a 6-4 team doesn't get 1 of those 5 "wild card" positions but at 6-4 the Indians would likely have to sweat it out on the ride home to Kingston Springs following the Sycamore game.

Well I'm cautiously optimistic. I agree with HHSNumber1fan that the O-line is strong with a couple of bookend tackles pushing 300 lbs in Zach Douglas and Mark McMillin. There have been holes for Patrick Clark, Justin Cox and Raymond Hayes to run through. Eddie Sodomayer and Justin Pruitt can make their own holes! Cox will take a series every now and then at qb just to mix things up, but I think Jeremy Roark will handle it most of the time. They both looked pretty good in pre-season throwing the ball. Perry Horkins at wide out and Joseph Mangrum at tight end have played well in scrimmages and Daniel Beasley has some skills too. There is some speed there.

The Indians have looked decent on defense too. I wish they had some more depth to give some of those guys a breather. I expect to see a couple of freshman contributing on special teams and some defensive sets. Dakota Seagraves and Bobby Stevens have been getting some time with the 1's in scrimmages. Sophomores Travis Stanfield, Jacob Conatser and Nathan Ferrell will start on one side of the ball or the other I imagine. Same for juniors Kendrick Jones and Jordon Clark.

That's about 20 players. Not quite 2 deep. That's probably about right in a squad of 34. Not a lot of breathing room for injuries though.

I agree with Big Country that Lewis County, Hickman County and Fairview should be somewhere at the top of the region and Richland and Harpeth should be fighting for a 3-5 spot.

I think even with the injuries you will see a different Waverly team Friday, win or lose.

I think having that first game under your belt is huge papatiger. Harpeth hasn't been through the first game jitters and all of that. That's an advantage to Waverly even with the injuries.

I'm just ready for the guys to play a game under the lights with the cheerleaders and the band there and the anticipation of a new season. I hope to see more alums like HHSnumber1fan there too.