Kingston Football

DerekLuttrell

If teams want to underestimate you then let 'em. Kingston has more depth this year and they seem to have more skill players. The key is still bring your A-game every night. All your non-region games are against county rivals and everyone knows how tough Region 2-AAA is. Good luck this season.

I for one don't underestimate Kingston's speed. IMO, Givens was one of the most athletic QBs around, with strong leadership, and he will be hard to replace. Up front "Big John" is gone, and I know there are some "bigguns" rising up, but will they fill the shoes. Kingston got off to a 5-0 start last yr., only to falter down the stretch. IMO, they lost some of what they always seemed to have which was a VERY physical style of play. It's a great program, with a lot of tradition, and one of the best places to watch a HS game of Fri. night. I expect a fast team on the field, the question is...will they be fast enough to get past AC, Scott, and the rest?

ruse?

Eveyone is highly underestimating our program this year.sure we lost a lot of people but we returned quite a few starters and more people with experience.even in the 100 degree weather we are the only ones around that practiced full pads for 3 hours while everyone else is in shorts and shirt and waiting for the sun to go down.we're not as big as we have been but we've got some speed and quickness this year.just dont be surprised when we're one of the top in the region.and if you think i dont know what im talkin about look on the cover of football preview..im there because i know how to work

The field is where the games will be played. If you are a player you should know that. Kingston better take it one game at a time and try to improve every week if they have any shot of makeing the playoffs.

Good luck to the Jackets

Maybe if you guys scheduled some real non-region games instead of all the smaller county schools, you could get some respect. It's tough to get past the fact that you are beating up on 1A and 2A schools and need those wins to make your season record get past .500. Sure, you are in a great region but you need to start winning some of those games to get respect.