BEST COACHING STAFF IN THE MID STATE!

downtheline

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hear some opinions on the best coaching staffs in the midstate!!!!!

I believe the midstate is blessed with several very good coaching staffs. The one I am most familiar with is Goodpasture. David Martin is the head coach. His record speaks for itself. The Cougars consistently have a team to be reckoned with. The staff has been together for a long time. McWilliams does a great job with the defense secondary; Ballard does a good job with the off. line; and I think Bloodworth still coaches the defensive line. Granted, these guys are blessed with good players, but you can always see improvement in them from week to week. These guys, especially the assistant coaches, don't get the credit they deserve.

I may sound biased, but I think Coach Heady at Monterey does more with less. Very limited resources hasn't stopped him from doing a great job every year. He is young and a homeboy. I look for his program to steadily get better. He gives the consistancy needed to grow a program.

Well SUPRISE SUPRISE..... My vote goes to Coach Cody Finley & his staff at Cheatham Co. Central High School in Ashland City.

Prior to when Finley took over the football program at Cheatham Co. the Cubs were a combined 7-33 during the previous four seasons. SINCE THEN THE CHEATHAM COUNTY CUBS HAVE NOT MISSED THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Also in the school's history of the football program prior to 2002 the Cubs had gone to the playoffs a total of 5 TIMES!!!! They have not missed the playoffs during the 5 SEASONS that he and his staff have been running the show (2002-2006).

MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!!

I'll throw in Coach Glenn McCadams at David Lipscomb and his staff. He is in his 26th season at Lipscomb and is one of the top active winningest coaches in the TSSAA and has been to the state playoffs 17 times, 6 times to the State Championship game and has won it twice. The team is currently riding an unbeaten streak in the Region that dates back into the 2002 season...he does all of this on a shoestring budget. A number of his assistants have been with the program for 15 or so or more years. Coach Taylor, Coach Morris, Coach Tillman.

I'll throw in Coach Glenn McCadams at David Lipscomb and his staff. He is in his 26th season at Lipscomb and is one of the top active winningest coaches in the TSSAA and has been to the state playoffs 17 times, 5 times to the State Championship game and has won it twice. The team is currently riding an unbeaten streak in the Region that dates back into the 2002 season...he does all of this on a shoestring budget. A number of his assistants have been with the program for 15 or so or more years. Coach Taylor, Coach Morris, Coach Tillman.

I would have to agree that Coach McCadams is one of the best if not the best... Creekwood has a great coaching staff to be a young school.. Coach Daniels is a great coach with alot of experience...