9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

I am looking forward to seeing the game this week, since I expect Alcoa to get back on track after a devastating Maryville game. I see Alcoa winning by a few touchdowns if not more. White House may be good, I don't know much about them. I do know about Alcoa though, and they are a top of the line 2A school and could compete with many, not all, larger schools. If Randall settles down his throws and gets it to Brian then it will be a great night for Alcoa, and if they try to shutdown Brian, Sam can make plays as well. Hodge, Sommers, Thompson, and Cobb will make this a great night for Alcoa, at least in my opinion. I know that Cobb and Sommers are much talked about, but Sam is something special as well. I wish both teams an injury free game. GO ALCOA!!

Alcoa 35

White House 14

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm told Parker will probably miss 3 weeks. Should be a good game this Friday despite losing Parker. Some other guys are going to have to step up. I know Alcoa is a very good team but I think people are selling WH a little short. I know most posters from East TN don't know anything about WH so I understand their feelings on the game. It does seem that some people commenting from Middle TN seem to want to downgrade WH and their team. I think WH prefers being underdogs though. There are some WH "supporters" that are over the top with some of their crap but you can find that with any school. I think it will be a lot closer than most think. I wouldn't sell WH short.

Alcoa will be much too fast for White House, and Troy Hodge will not be stopped on either side of the ball. Alcoa: 34

White House: 10

Tom, You may call me crazy but to me Hodge is better than D Lindsey in some ways IMO. A different style I guess due to the size difference but Hodge is very elusive in the open field. The long run he had friday where Maryville had him totally hemmed in on the sideline, and he reversed field and almost took it all the way was impressive. If he stays healthy (and I hope he does) I see him putting up huge numbers this year in yardage on long runs alone.

I am really excited about Whitehouse coming to Blount County. I grew up in the Nashville area and have watched with great interest the development of the WH program. I applaud the guts of the WH administration to put Alcoa on the schedule. We need more Middle TN vs. East TN matchups. The old Goodpasture/Gatt. Pittman games made for a great weekend trip to the Mountains, especially if UT had a home game the same weekend.

Since I haven't seen WH play this year, I can't really predict how they will fare against the Tornadoes. What I can say is that Alcoa may not be as loaded as they have been the last two years. I can also say I under estimated their ability going in to the Maryville game. As others have said, the score does not accurately reflect the way Alcoa played the game.

#1 - the d-line was much better at stopping the run against Maryville.

#2 - the 0-line did a great job of protecting Cobb in the pocket against a tough Rebel D-line.

#3 - Hodge, Cobb and Toney are all runners with excellent speed and good vision. Sommers didn't show much in the Maryville game but he is a big play threat on Off. and Def.

#4 - If Cobb was hurting you couldn't tell it. Watch him on the option, he's fast as a rattlesnake and twice as deadly.

I'm looking for a great game. WH tighten up your laces and buckle up your chin straps! This should be a good one!

I think WH could surprise some people with this one. This is usually the type of game that WH will come in and play good solid football and catch Alcoa off guard. I really don't know a great deal about Alcoa this year but they had better not underestimate the Blue Devils. Good luck and have a safe trip.

I wish WH and Alcoa played in the past at least once so there was some way to compare the two teams are far as style and play against one another, because you can say 'they did this against this team and this against this other team' but until they play each other, there is really no way to accurately gauge how these two team will prepare for one another. I am really anxious to see how Alcoa lives up to their hype because according to everyone on here thats seen them, there pretty good. But I cant wait to see in person! 2 more days!!

Tom, You may call me crazy but to me Hodge is better than D Lindsey in some ways IMO. A different style I guess due to the size difference but Hodge is very elusive in the open field. The long run he had friday where Maryville had him totally hemmed in on the sideline, and he reversed field and almost took it all the way was impressive. If he stays healthy (and I hope he does) I see him putting up huge numbers this year in yardage on long runs alone.

I'm a big fan of Hodge. He has 4.4 speed, great feet, great balance, isn't afraid to runover a defender, and is just hard to bring down. Now if he puts up some numbers like Lindsey did this year then yeah, I can maybe say he's in the same league as him. Troy obviously hasn't had the game experience like Lindsey at RB, and dosen't have close to 100 career TD's and 5,000 rushing yards like Duck had, but I can definitely see where you're coming from.

That is terrible. I really enjoy watching Matt Parker play. This is an injury that should keep him out for 4-6 weeks I presume Manny. Is this correct????? I hope that he can get back on the field by the end of the season. This is a tough break for White House.

First it was Cody Allen & I guess now it's Parker.

Thanks for the best wishes Legend.

The word around town is they have lost 5 starters since March.