9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give alcoa some credit. They are good, hands down. they reload every year. they aren't doing anything illegal.

even though they are a open zone they will be one of the best teams around till someone can shut them down. For the most part alcoa's players do not have big egos. Sadly their fans make up for them and themselves in that department. other than that they are a VERY good football team

Wow. As a former player at White House, I would first like to apologize to the city of Alcoa for having to watch that, even though yall were loving every minute of it. It really does not do the former players and fans at WH justice to have to be subjected to that kind of play. I mean, I wanted to throw up, seriously.. I had to leave at halftime. Truly DISGUSTED by the way those guys played Friday. Looked scared; 'deer-in-the-headlights' look.. You guys at Alcoa (the players, not the fans) have one heck of a team. You remind me of a certain Melrose team from a couple years ago. Only difference being Melrose had a little more size. But the result of that game? 20-14. The result of this game? Please. I can only hope that we forget about this loss. On a different note, it seems to me that this game is a real WAKE UP CALL for players and FANS WHO POST ON COACHT ALIKE. I mean I know you have pride for your school but you need to wake up and smell the flowers. White House is stuck in the 1990s. You can't play these caliber of teams with big, slow players. Its 2007!! If it was me, and I realize its not, but if White House is going to live up to the hype that the fans who post on here are saying they will be, then they need to put down the weights and run. It looked like Alcoa was in Fast Forward and White House was in Slo-Mo. Big doesnt do anything for you if you can't even hit your opponent. I wish Alcoa would've put 80 on that scoreboard. I hope I get some heat from WH fans on this one. Because we are collectively DEAD TO THE TIMES!!! Speed Kills. Not Size Kills. SPEED!! Jeez. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how disappointed I am with this football team. But I will leave you with this: Fans and Players alike are going to be in for a long season if they don't realize that WE NEED TO WAKE UP and QUIT RUNNIN OUR MOUTHS ABOUT HOW GOOD WE ARE WHEN IN THE WHOLE SCHEME OF THINGS, WE ARE JUST A VERY AVERAGE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck Alcoa, even though we need it a whole lot more than you do.

Well, if the Blue Devil players didn't feel bad enough on the way home, this message board should do the trick on giving them another kick in the head. They have lost ONE game to a 3 consectutive years STATE champion. If White House is still crowing about one championship ten years ago, Alcoa's championships along with last night's win surely deserves their time to be proud. Being 2A doesn't mean anything when you have a their caliber of team facing you.

There's probably nobody hanging his head lower than Jeff Porter. I'm sure he had his own doubts about scheduling this game but maybe it's part strategy. If WH wins, that would put a little oomph in their sails...if they lose, HE will put some ooomph in their sails by making them hungry for a region run. This may not be White House's year with injuries involved. That's what the Bobcats dealt with last year and having your starters hurt can be a BIG factor in playoff contention. In this region, with these teams there are going to be injuries still yet to come for any of the teams.

Now if Springfield wins....I would not want to be in White House come next Monday morning.

WHITE HOUSE WILL CRUSH EVERYBODY THE NEXT 3 YEARS,,,, WERE DID THAT TREND GO?? LOL EAT SOME CROW NOW, A 2A POWER HOUSE SHUT THAT TREND UP,,,,, way to go alcoa reality check for some fans and players,,,, didnt just get beat white house got spanked....

you wait and see this is still a good football that can contend for 3a title

you wait and see this is still a good football that can contend for 3a title

Tim your right. WH will be ok. I seem to remember last year in basketball when the # 1 team in the state (UNION CITY) beat WH early in the year by about 25, and everyone was saying how bad WH was. I also do recall that WH made the state tourney and UNION CITY didnt. ALCOA has a GREAT football team and im sure they will be there in the end, but WH has very good coaches and lots of talent this year so they will be a good football team before its over. Just keep working hard WH. We know you can do it !!!

Im sure Alcoa will make it 4 in a row this year unless an upset happens. Im surprised the Maryville game wasnt closer.

Don't give them the Gold Ball yet. Goodpasture beat Ravenwood, the former 5A Champion/finalsit this year and will be the team to challange Alcoa again.

What I could not beleave from reading the former White House topic was the lack of knowledge on the WH fans like Ben who did not understand what Alcoa teams has accomplished over the last 3 years and what they have done to teams lkie David Libscomb and Goodpasture.

White House could make the playoffs but has to get past Station Camp and a few teams that are a little higher rated. The teams that are left should be games that will be decide by a touchdown or less.

You are a good 3A team that probably can beat Beech whech means you could beat Hendersonville. So good luck and I look forward to watching your team come back home and win next week.

The RIGGER!

Speed Kills. Not Size Kills. SPEED!! Jeez. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how disappointed I am with this football team. But I will leave you with this: Fans and Players alike are going to be in for a long season if they don't realize that WE NEED TO WAKE UP and QUIT RUNNIN OUR MOUTHS ABOUT HOW GOOD WE ARE WHEN IN THE WHOLE SCHEME OF THINGS, WE ARE JUST A VERY AVERAGE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck Alcoa, even though we need it a whole lot more than you do.

Mannythemanager-Besides the score how did you like the atmosphere of Alcoa? It always reminded me of the way small town USA Friday Night games should be. It's a peice of Americana.

You have to remember they just lost one of the biggest games of the year for them against Maryville. I think the High Schools are just a few miles apart. Small Blue Collar working class (Alcoa) vs Bigger and richer school(Maryville). It's a story book game every year.

In a few years maybe the 2 White House Schools can have the same type of drama.