USJ vs. Humbolt

JRR56

And I'm sure all 7 passes were to E.J...I will not be surprised to see USJ win this one rather easily...I know I've said bad things about USJ on here but I do believe that USJ does break through this season and wins more games than expected...my bet on this game is 28-14 USJ

Dang GCP...I think that`s the first positive thing I`ve heard you say about USJ. I think this will be a good game and wouldn`t be surprised if USJ wins. I think it all comes down to how well USJ stops Humboldt`s running game.

Question for USJ fans...who is the back up QB for the Bruins and what year is he in school?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang GCP...I think that`s the first positive thing I`ve heard you say about USJ. I think this will be a good game and wouldn`t be surprised if USJ wins. I think it all comes down to how well USJ stops Humboldt`s running game.

Question for USJ fans...who is the back up QB for the Bruins and what year is he in school?

The back up was Austin Whitsitt, but about about a month before the jamboree he transfered to trinity. Now the back up is the Jake Overby. He is the brother of last years freshman of the year, Preston Overby. He is very athletic and has a good arm. He is a freshman this year, I expect to see good things from him in the coming years.

I think it has settled in to me that USJ will win many games this year..after really thinking about who all they have on that team and the passing attack they have I could see them being like a McKenzie this year...maybe not as good but right there with them..

I just dont see the passing attack being overall successfull in 2a. You have to establish a runnig game and then pass. If not the front four will be pressing the qb and everyone else will know what is coming. Now Humboldts corners are probably a week spot on the team so USJ MIGHT keep it close but i dont see them winning without the ability to line down and get 3rd and 2 conversions and keep the clock running. Hardegree will also find himself being helped off the ground a lot and will get less accurate because of it. I may be proved wrong but i'll have to see it to belive it.

I just dont see the passing attack being overall successfull in 2a. You have to establish a runnig game and then pass. If not the front four will be pressing the qb and everyone else will know what is coming. Now Humboldts corners are probably a week spot on the team so USJ MIGHT keep it close but i dont see them winning without the ability to line down and get 3rd and 2 conversions and keep the clock running. Hardegree will also find himself being helped off the ground a lot and will get less accurate because of it. I may be proved wrong but i'll have to see it to belive it.

Come on VolunteerGeneral don't let someone else say something about your

USJ team.

Humboldt gets blown out, unless Toby Champion returns and plays fullback for them...USJ by 40!!!

Humboldt is a talented, well coached team. I don't see them getting blown out. I think it will be a close game either way, like someone said earlier, it comes down to USJ stopping the run. If they do that they give themselves a great chance to win.

As for styles of play in 2A, I think West TN is predominantly a "running style" area. There are plenty of 2A schools that have been successful at throwing the ball - especially in mid-tn CPA, DCA, Goodpasture, etc. I think it all depends on the kind of athletes you have and of course the coaching and what they prefer and how good it is.

Humboldt is a talented, well coached team. I don't see them getting blown out. I think it will be a close game either way, like someone said earlier, it comes down to USJ stopping the run. If they do that they give themselves a great chance to win.

As for styles of play in 2A, I think West TN is predominantly a "running style" area. There are plenty of 2A schools that have been successful at throwing the ball - especially in mid-tn CPA, DCA, Goodpasture, etc. I think it all depends on the kind of athletes you have and of course the coaching and what they prefer and how good it is.

St. Benedict out of Memphis when we played them lived and died by passing the ball...back when we played them I bet thay may have ran the ball once or twice and game and they did very well with the passing game...St. Benedict and USJ are VERY similiar to each other and about even talent wise

St. Benedict out of Memphis when we played them lived and died by passing the ball...back when we played them I bet thay may have ran the ball once or twice and game and they did very well with the passing game...St. Benedict and USJ are VERY similiar to each other and about even talent wise

But they're different teams, different players, different coaches. We will see how well USJ really does with the passing game friday night against a majority run game team.

Well friday night USJ had 51 offensive plays. 31 of them were passing plays. 20 of them were run plays. No they didn't have two hundred yards rushing, but had 427 total offensive yards. If they threw the ball all night, then Trinity could have sat back and ran a three man front and double covered most of USJ's recievers. That didn't happen. I say USJ can run the ball enough to make the other team honor the run, and might be underestimated in how well they can run the ball. It will be interesting to see the stats after the game.