USJ vs. Humbolt

JRR56

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well friday night USJ had 51 offensive plays. 31 of them were passing plays. 20 of them were run plays. No they didn't have two hundred yards rushing, but had 427 total offensive yards. If they threw the ball all night, then Trinity could have sat back and ran a three man front and double covered most of USJ's recievers. That didn't happen. I say USJ can run the ball enough to make the other team honor the run, and might be underestimated in how well they can run the ball. It will be interesting to see the stats after the game.

I dont know if 72 rushing yards will be enough to make humboldt honor the run. They should have a strong defense up front. Their front 3 or 4 should be able to contain any run threat from usj. But i do agree, it will be interesting to see the game stats. I could be wrong but i dont think that i am.

Humboldt won but they had to go to over time to do it! What a game!!! Even the Humboldt coaches commented they escaped, just barely. Bill Hardegree has really improved since last year and this year he has the support to make things happen. This team is itching to prove they can definitely compete in 2A. Every other team had better watch out cause here come the Bruins!

I`ve been out of town. Surprised there wasn`t much comment on the game. How is Shivers? Heard he got hurt.

Yea, I was surprised also. It was a great game, especially with the overtime. JCS got more publicity than Humboldt did when JCS lost to Westview 24-13. Something isnt right. It was a great game by both teams. I heard Shivers tore something in his knee. Dont quote me on that, thats just what word by mouth is. On tv, it looked like a viscious injury. Hope everything turns out alright.

Yea, I was surprised also. It was a great game, especially with the overtime. JCS got more publicity than Humboldt did when JCS lost to Westview 24-13. Something isnt right. It was a great game by both teams. I heard Shivers tore something in his knee. Dont quote me on that, thats just what word by mouth is. On tv, it looked like a viscious injury. Hope everything turns out alright.

Well I`m gonna give this thread another bump in hopes someone can tell us more on Shivers.

BTW...according to the stats from across the state that have been reported Bill Hardegree is the leading passer in the state right now.