USJ vs. Humbolt

JRR56

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people will laugh at this reply, but if I dare say...this team might just be better than last years' team....4 of 5 interior linemen, including including Caleb Cox (6'4 360 Sr Tackle), have returned from last year's team...Cox is being looked at by several Div. 1 schools although he hasn't been offered yet... a big time recruit at receiver returns for his senior campaign, 3 different running backs (Marcus Shivers, Chauncey Hunt, and number 2 (I haven't caught his name yet) who all have big play capability...A QB that can throw the ball and can also be dangerous scrambling...He's definitely pass first but if he is forced to, he can make plays running the ball as well...Humboldt's defense has a lot of speed and they seem to play with a swagger...Mix in a head coach who's now in his sixth year with the program, a great offensive coordinator, and several good assistants and you have all the tools for a great team...It has also been rumored that the fastest player on Humboldt's roster is going to suit up this Friday...He's a small guy at around 5'7 160 but is lightning quick and can make almost anyone miss in the open field...He went down with a collarbone injury during the summer but seems to have recovered...throwing him in the mix at running back, but more importantly, at cornerback will only give Humboldt more depth and make them more dangerous...This kid will also more than likely be on the kickoff and punt return teams as well so it's safe to say that if he plays well, he can have a huge impact on this season..

Funny because USJ returns 4 out of 5 of their offensive line also. I believe that USJ has a better team than they had last year also. Yea, I read in the Jackson Sun that Humboldt's qb had a good number of rushing yards...but 1 completion on 7 attempts and 1 interception isnt to good. And from what has been said already on Coacht, it has been rumored that Humboldt's cornerbacks are a weak point on the team. With Hardegree throwing 20-31 with 355 passing yards, no interceptions, and three touchdowns, I think USJ will take this one.

Funny because USJ returns 4 out of 5 of their offensive line also. I believe that USJ has a better team than they had last year also. Yea, I read in the Jackson Sun that Humboldt's qb had a good number of rushing yards...but 1 completion on 7 attempts and 1 interception isnt to good. And from what has been said already on Coacht, it has been rumored that Humboldt's cornerbacks are a weak point on the team. With Hardegree throwing 20-31 with 355 passing yards, no interceptions, and three touchdowns, I think USJ will take this one.

And I'm sure all 7 passes were to E.J...I will not be surprised to see USJ win this one rather easily...I know I've said bad things about USJ on here but I do believe that USJ does break through this season and wins more games than expected...my bet on this game is 28-14 USJ

What in your opinion constitutes being ready for 2A?

Well the quaterback might have passed for alot of yards against Trinity but I heard that he also got sacked 10 times. Now the 2A schedule starts and if the d-line can't stop the push on the line then Hardegree will be in trouble not only against Humboldt but most of the 2A teams.

Well the quaterback might have passed for alot of yards against Trinity but I heard that he also got sacked 10 times. Now the 2A schedule starts and if the d-line can't stop the push on the line then Hardegree will be in trouble not only against Humboldt but most of the 2A teams.

You heard wrong you got the wrong team and wrong QB you did get the 10 sacks right. Matt Hudson QB for JCS was sacked 10 times by Fayette Academy.. JCS fans called in live to 96.5 after their game telling radio sports talk host Chris Harris ( JCS ALUMNI) about the game including 305 yards for Hudson along with him being sacked 10 times.. This came from JCS fans on the radio after the game .

if the d-line can't stop the push on the line then Hardegree will be in trouble

Maybe I miss understood you or I just don't understand (which could be the case), but why would the D-LINE stop the push to protect the QB ( Hardegree) didn't you mean O LINE stop the push?

Humboldt should win by 2 tds..humboldt looked pretty good fri night and crockett didnt play well im interseted to see the changes they make for this fri night!!!

I very sure the Bill Hardagree did get sacked once! The USJ offensive line was giving the Trinity line trouble. Hunter Johnson (340 D-tackle) said in the Jackson Sun, "We had trouble with USJ's offensive line, but we gave it our all." I don't think that the O-line had too much trouble.

haha well i guess you need better sources...USJ's offensive line didn't give up one sack to Trinity.