gibson county @ milan

bulldoggfan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets see, you give the Humbold game, Crockett Co. game, Trenton game, and Goodpasture game. Wow Morris seems to be a great coach if he only calls 4 bad plays. If you think this Milan team was not motivated vs. the Goodpasture team than your a complete idiot that just loves to bash Milan. I hate to refer to childish nicknames but those players gave their hearts out, and you could tell with their crying at the end of the game. Trust me, they didn't work their way back last year after the forfeits to come out and play with no intensity! Coach Morris blamed himself on that Trenton loss, and he admitted it in public the next morning. To fill you in on some inside information, Morris thought it was a gimme game and scouts from d1 schools were there to watch Daylan. Morris blamed himself for trying to "showcase" Daylan instead of winning. You forget to mention, however, that the very very average team that Milan had seen in years that year was a couple of points from being in Murphreesboro. Trust me, no coach in West TN could've won that many games in the playoffs with that team.

You said Morris has won ONLY (which is hilarious) championships in a decade. Umm, Milan won 0 before he got here since the late 70's so why didn't Tucker and the others win a championship? Mansfield at Huntingdon has won 1 championship in the past decade, so is he horrible? You name me a coach outside of the coaches at Alcoa that has the impressive resume as Morris does at Milan. To say Milan has superior talent is the dumbest thing I've ever heard because MILAN HAS WON DESPITE LESS TALENTED TEAMS AS IN 05. MORRIS HAS NEVER MISSED THE PLAYOFFS IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, WHAT OTHER COACH CAN SAY THAT? I'm sorry but no school has 10+ years of great talent run through their system unless you're a private school, so you must attribute a lot to the coaches!

Last of all that ping-pong and whatever else you said in reference to allowing a score was just plain dumb. You couldn't stop Huntingdon's run game because the O wasn't on the field long enough and the D-line was wore out. You have a minute and a half left, and you say it's dumb to do that? Do you want a chance to win, or do you want to lose by 1 point?

You do, however, bring up another excellent example of Morris's special brand of "genius" coaching, if that's what you want to call it. Letting their offence score six just to maybe get the chance to win with a TD and 2-point conversion later? Good grief. This sort of strategy only works in two sports: basketball and the ping pong-like sport of Arena Football. Otherwise, this is dumb. Plus, why depend upon your offence when you are w/o your starting QB? Why not instead get the ball back the old fashioned way: taking it back?! Defence wins championships.

So what you're saying is that milan should have tried to make a stand with less than 2 minuets on the clock and huntington near our twenty. It was first and 10 if our defense stops them there is maybe time for 1 play from the other end of the field. Throw up a hale mary with a second sting quarterback and hope for the best? I like what morris did better

Guest Advisor

Since u know so much. You wouldnt mind answering this....Who Are You? Perry Loco got a real name

The ALL KNOWING, ALL SEEING ADVISOR has executed a sting and identified this inspirational football genius! I told you all...........he's former Pittsburg Steeler Coach Bill Cowher.............if you will look across from your stadium..............you'll find Perro_Loco731 living in the Steel City decorated bus overlooking the hallowed turf, reliving plays from 3, 4, and 5 years ago!! Bulldogs fans.............he's right under your nose!! Remember..........the Advisor is everywhere!!!!!!!

Milan 27 - GC 0

Milan controlled the ball most of the game. They did have some trouble controlling the O-line. Backs did a pretty good job of running. GC never mounted a serious threat all night. I think the game had over 20 penalties, very sloppy. Milan did not show very much positive in the passing dept. Hopefully another week of practice will help our QB. Got the win and got back on track!!!

That is always a good thing. I don't think there were any serious injuries!!!