OAKLAND VS LAVERGNE

SCHSFan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oaklands defense will win this one.

lavergne's offensive line is their weak link...they have one very good linemen...but the rest are suspect...but the coaches have done a great job putting their weakest part of their team in a position to win...by running a sprint out pass most of the time (which the lineman only have to pivot and bump the defensive guy down to one another...much easier to pass block this way than straight drop back) and by running a MEAN draw play that for the first two seconds looks like the sprint out pass

oakland's strongest part of their team sounds like the D line...if this is true they have to find a way to put pressure on the QB because lavergne will pass often off the roll out and crocker gets rid of the ball very quickly and he is extremely accurate...and the lavergn recievers are as good as i have ever seen (as a group) in high school football

anyone who saw or heard about the game last years knows exactly why oakland lost but with tillery running wild and a whole lot more efficient passing game i believe lavergne will be a tougher match this year not predicting that they will win but they will be harder to defend in my opinion

i have 2 agree the only DB on the team this year that has seen lavergne's passing attack was peetie so the others i think r going 2 struggle trying to keep up im not going to predict yet who i think will win

I am not knocking Tillery by any means at all , b/c I think he is an exceptional back reminding me some of an early Emmett Smith.......but I think even I could have gained 200 yds against a team like Hillwood. I mean, geez, they sure aren't the calibur of a Riverdale defense . Was he in the whole game or did he do this over the course of the first half?

i have 2 agree the only DB on the team this year that has seen lavergne's passing attack was peetie so the others i think r going 2 struggle trying to keep up im not going to predict yet who i think will win

Guess you forgot about Brandon Messick? He got extensive playing time as a soph last yr in the secondary. He already has one INT to his credit against a lil team called Riverdale this yr.